Resolved: [Bug Report] Gran Turismo 4 [PAL]
(03-11-2009, 02:32 AM)Frumpy Wrote: i have a probve a problem
when i set up 480p all good but brightess a very low.
gdx 1.1.14 (u tryed anotje but the same problem)
pcsx2-beta-720
8800GT
7200(3.4)
in software mode all good

And.. ? What's the problem here ? If you put the brightness to 0 to prevent the screen messed up at the beginning of the races it's normal your brightness is low.. If not, well it's not THAT bad, the game is enjoyable even with brightness to 0. Anyway, it's darker than for me even with brightness to 0, did you touch the contrast or whatever else ? Ingame or in your 8800 GT driver options ? I think it's not a bug related to the game.

Quote:gt4 ntsc -97328

blackscreen
pcsx2 0.9.6 -default
gsdx 10 - hardware
spu2-x
linux iso 0.8 and peops (original cd,bin image)
lilypad

q9550 -3.4 ghz
4 gb ram
vista sp1
512 mb ati 4870 Sad

Seriously guys.. There is a wonderful search functionality in forums, and you will have a lot of threads about your problem.. The blackscreen problem is already known and god knows how many threads already talk about it.

Anyway.. DL the patch here in this thread (http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-4375-page-3.html) in order to skip the intro, then deactivate the opening movie in GT4 options.
Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.7Ghz - Geforce GTX 280 1Go OCed @ 640/1400/1200 Mhz - 4Go RAM Corsair Dominator PC2-8500 - Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro Series - Windows Vista Ultimate x64

Sponsored links

(03-11-2009, 12:46 AM)Sentex Wrote: # GT4 (pal)
# PCSX2 version: 0.6.9
# Cpu eerec on, vurec0 and vurec1 on, MTGS on
# Advanced Options: Defaults, except VU clamp mode -> Extra + Preserve Sign (removes garbage textures)
# Plugins used: Gsdx 0.1.14, spu2-x 1.1.0
# Description:
The game hangs when i enter a race with a pacecar present (e.g licens b5), appart from that the game runs perfect Laugh

EDIT:
specs:

C2D E8400 @ 3.8 GHz
4 GB DDR3
ATI hd 4800

I also had crashes when I passed the licence tests, but not each time there were a pacecar. What I did is making a savestate on races crashing, switch to ZeroGS (because that's a GSdx problem) and either make the whole race with it or re-switch back to GSdx after the "crash moment".
Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.7Ghz - Geforce GTX 280 1Go OCed @ 640/1400/1200 Mhz - 4Go RAM Corsair Dominator PC2-8500 - Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro Series - Windows Vista Ultimate x64
if u have crush in lic.test
click F9 (on last gdsx) and found software mode and start o finish in this mode
Quote:And.. ? What's the problem here ? If you put the brightness to 0 to prevent the screen messed up at the beginning of the races it's normal your brightness is low.. If not, well it's not THAT bad, the game is enjoyable even with brightness to 0. Anyway, it's darker than for me even with brightness to 0, did you touch the contrast or whatever else ? Ingame or in your 8800 GT driver options ? I think it's not a bug related to the game.

if i use contrast -+ game not work.
and how i can change bright. for 480p what prog?
(03-11-2009, 07:46 PM)Wohlrajh Wrote:
(03-11-2009, 12:46 AM)Sentex Wrote: # GT4 (pal)
# PCSX2 version: 0.6.9
# Cpu eerec on, vurec0 and vurec1 on, MTGS on
# Advanced Options: Defaults, except VU clamp mode -> Extra + Preserve Sign (removes garbage textures)
# Plugins used: Gsdx 0.1.14, spu2-x 1.1.0
# Description:
The game hangs when i enter a race with a pacecar present (e.g licens b5), appart from that the game runs perfect Laugh

EDIT:
specs:

C2D E8400 @ 3.8 GHz
4 GB DDR3
ATI hd 4800

I also had crashes when I passed the licence tests, but not each time there were a pacecar. What I did is making a savestate on races crashing, switch to ZeroGS (because that's a GSdx problem) and either make the whole race with it or re-switch back to GSdx after the "crash moment".

it seems it is bright lights that makes me crash, like the lights ontop of the pacecar, in 'night' tracks, in nurnburgring (spelling?) and trialmountain, in all those places there is a source of light present. btw i have tried both GSdx and ZeroGS, same ***** happens.

oh, and it's not a 'crash' the game just hangs and keep flashing between the same two screens... i can try fraps it if it would help...
Wohlrajh thanks a lot
i can play gt4 Smile
(03-11-2009, 08:53 PM)Frumpy Wrote:
Quote:And.. ? What's the problem here ? If you put the brightness to 0 to prevent the screen messed up at the beginning of the races it's normal your brightness is low.. If not, well it's not THAT bad, the game is enjoyable even with brightness to 0. Anyway, it's darker than for me even with brightness to 0, did you touch the contrast or whatever else ? Ingame or in your 8800 GT driver options ? I think it's not a bug related to the game.

if i use contrast -+ game not work.
and how i can change bright. for 480p what prog?

Don't touch contrast in game, just change the brightness in GT4 options to 0 (it is at 3 by default I think). For 480p it's the progressive mode, you will find it in the screen options in the game. No need for another prog Smile

Quote:it seems it is bright lights that makes me crash, like the lights ontop of the pacecar, in 'night' tracks, in nurnburgring (spelling?) and trialmountain, in all those places there is a source of light present. btw i have tried both GSdx and ZeroGS, same ***** happens.

oh, and it's not a 'crash' the game just hangs and keep flashing between the same two screens... i can try fraps it if it would help...

That confirms the problem I have, there's definitely a problem with the intense light handling in this game.. In my case I don't crash but I lose around 20 FPS each time there is a big light source on screen which causes a short lag, and then it jumps back to 60 FPS when the light is no more on screen. I think my rig just resist better to this problem than yours as I can see but we have the same problem Sad And I also think this is an emu problem because I also tested a lot of GSdx versions and the same problem occurs.

Quote:Wohlrajh thanks a lot
i can play gt4 Smile

You're welcome, enjoy this awesome game ! Wink
Biggrin I got it to work,...finally.
The big problem was, that the skip intro patch didn´t worked because of a wrong CRC.
So i renamed the .pnach to the correct CRC and everything works fine, for now.

[Image: gt4.jpg]

Now have to finetune the graphics which look a bit crappy for now.

Specs:
-Intel C2Q Q6600
-Ati HD4850
-Realtek ALC 1200
-ASUS P5Q
-4GB OCZ
-Vista 32

Config:
-GSdx Direct3D10; Bob tff
-SPU2-X
-Linuz ISO DVD
-CPU FPS Limit to 60
-Advanced: Defaults except Clamp to extra

InGame Options:
-Brightness to 0, otherwise artifacts
Intel Q6600 @ 3600 (400*9)
ATI HD4850 @ 730 / 1080
4GB OCZ @1066 5-5-5
ASUS P5Q
Vista 32
Quote:Don't touch contrast in game, just change the brightness in GT4 options to 0 (it is at 3 by default I think). For 480p it's the progressive mode, you will find it in the screen options in the game. No need for another prog

of course i dont touch this. in screen options only 4
1 aspect radio 2-3 hor.vert.ad. and 4 - normal 480p and hdtv
and there u found this? Blink ._.

in pict.quality dont work all (if u touch all - not work)
and there u founded brightness for 480p?
i cant
(03-12-2009, 01:33 AM)XpD Wrote: Biggrin I got it to work,...finally.
The big problem was, that the skip intro patch didn´t worked because of a wrong CRC.
So i renamed the .pnach to the correct CRC and everything works fine, for now.

[Image: gt4.jpg]

Now have to finetune the graphics which look a bit crappy for now.

Specs:
-Intel C2Q Q6600
-Ati HD4850
-Realtek ALC 1200
-ASUS P5Q
-4GB OCZ
-Vista 32

Config:
-GSdx Direct3D10; Bob tff
-SPU2-X
-Linuz ISO DVD
-CPU FPS Limit to 60
-Advanced: Defaults except Clamp to extra

InGame Options:
-Brightness to 0, otherwise artifacts

I noticed that if you use DX10, you won't be able to push the internal res above 1024*1024 (in fact 1025*1025 works too it's weird but anyway..), else it will crash each time you will launch a race (at least it does for me). To boost the graphics quality, I use DX9 and push internal res. Atm I use 1680*1680 internal res, the game looks a lot better, aliasing is less visible Tongue

It's just those big slowdowns with the intense light effects that remains annoying, but else the game is looking great !

If you've overclocked your Q6600 (you didn't mention your CPU clock), you can test a good increase in the internal res (if it OCed to 3.5-3.6Ghz at least), else don't count on it, it will be too slow to be enjoyable.

Quote:of course i dont touch this. in screen options only 4
1 aspect radio 2-3 hor.vert.ad. and 4 - normal 480p and hdtv
and there u found this? Blink ._.

in pict.quality dont work all (if u touch all - not work)
and there u founded brightness for 480p?
i cant

Well.. all you have to do is activating in screen options the 480p mode, and in picture quality put the brightness to 0, don't touch the other things. Test again and if it's still too dark I don't know where it's coming from. Is it the same with other PS2 games on the emu are they dark too ?