Resolved: [Bug Report] Valkyrie Profile 2 [NTSC]
Hi All,

after I activate the triace games fix, VP2 does not crash at the begining. However, pcsx2 does not start to play the intro, just a balck screen. Is there any solution? I use beta r1888 and my display card is ATI HD 4800.

Sponsored links

Try the "start" button Laugh
Fighting for peace is like ***** for virginity ...

Failure is not an option | It is bundled with your Microsoft product
Thank you.

However, I have another issue. when I enter the forest, the graph becomes bad. there are "grids".

Is this related to the display card?
Thats a Gsdx problem if i remember right. Software mode helps and rama made a hack for gsdx so it works in hardwaremode. Search this thread or the gsdx thread.

Or just play through the woods using the minimap. After that part of the game it doesnt happen again.
Fighting for peace is like ***** for virginity ...

Failure is not an option | It is bundled with your Microsoft product
Hey guys... Very noob question here, but I'm completely lost in all this fixing.

Unfortunately I'm clueless when it comes to programming etc, and I'm still stuck at the start, my Vp2 is just crashing straight away on startup. I've gotten Pcsx2 playground, but this "revision 626" fix is a little beyond me. What do I do with it? How do I apply it? Is there something I need to download, or what files do I edit? And if there is something to download, where do I put it?

Sorry for my ignorance, but put it in layman's terms please.
Get the latest pcsx2 beta and plugins first. Playground is long outdated.
http://pcsx2.net/downloads.php?p=publicbeta

In this beta, you go to config > gamefixes, and tick the "VU Add Hack".
This is NOT a support thread...I'll clean this up when I get the chance
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Thumbs Up 
Hello, good work PCSX2 team! I`ve tested VP2 and found out that there are some improvements in the woods bugs. Appears that the bug is dependable of the sadows caused by the trees and if these shadows fall on the valkyrie the GSDX bug appears. I`ve tested many places in the wood. Righ here I`ve moved a few paces right and left and the bug appears/disappears.... Good work here!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hello everyone .. I can started VP2 . after I press triangle .. and get pass intro movie .. I stucked at Title menu. I cant get into the game. I tried to change my joystick and tried to use keyboard but it didn't work.
** at Title menu .. everything are fine .. clould moving , bgm playing .. but cant get into the game ...
anyone know how to fix this ...
Thank you very much .

sorry for my bad English Sad ...
Hello,
how can i add the patch to the latest gsdx svn , the BlendOpAlpha seems to fix the lines but i still get the red screen in the forest

the first part of the patch
dst->m_texture->m_scale.y = (float)h / hh;
seems to have changed in the newer gsdx

..also the shader file i don't see how you load that since its not referenced in the patch

thanks