SPU2-X v2
(11-21-2013, 08:37 AM)rama Wrote: Nah it's fine Tongue2
If you want to help, you can fetch a devbuild of spu2-x and enable the debug logs.
Try to see if the boss battle gives you anything unusual.

I can certainly do that if it helps, problem is I don't know where to get the dev build.Biggrin Now I just need to load a save right before a boss fight Biggrin I assume this will make a log file of the data that shows up in the debug/dev window.
Custom Desktop
CPU: Haswell Core i7 4770 3.40 GHz (3.90 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
CPU Instructions: MMX, SSE1, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1,
SSE4.2, EIST, iAMT2, Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)  
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
HDD: 3 x 1 TB Western Digital HDD
Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB GDDR5
Audio: Realtek 5.1 HD Audio

Sponsored links

http://pcsx2.net/download/development/svn.html

Right here for ya man. Latest SVN's at your disposal. Unless Devbuilds are different then SVN
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
(11-21-2013, 04:21 PM)hellbringer616 Wrote: http://pcsx2.net/download/development/svn.html

Right here for ya man. Latest SVN's at your disposal. Unless Devbuilds are different then SVN

Thanks! I'll give it a shot. Not sure if they are, but I would assume so Biggrin I mean, I want this issue neutralized once and for all. I love PCSX2, I think it's a fantastic emulator, but Final Fantasy X doesn't quite sound right compared to other games. Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts games sound off, the reverb is "flat" (like when carbonated soda goes flat) and I believe it can be fixed Cool
Custom Desktop
Explains why i have always felt the game was off, I am a bit of an audiophile myself Tongue I wish you luck in helping report and or solve the issues. Thanks for the help!
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
(11-21-2013, 06:09 PM)hellbringer616 Wrote: Explains why i have always felt the game was off, I am a bit of an audiophile myself Tongue I wish you luck in helping report and or solve the issues. Thanks for the help!

Yeah, I posted some samples on the previous page if you truly want to perceive a difference (yeah, it's almost painful to hear the comparison). Not trying to downplay their work as again, I appreciate all they do, I'm just surprised no one noticed it and/or reported it till now. No matter, better now than later Laugh

Thanks!
Custom Desktop
Not sure if this is of any use, but the developer plugin that was sent to me didn't indicate it was one in the plugin config window, called it a non-developer build, so I don't even know what the crap I'm looking for in the debugger. Damn this sucks Sad

The file is called SPU2-X-dev.dll, but shows up in PCSX2 as SPU2-X-r5733 2.0.0, and that too says it's not a dev plugin. Ugh.

I have logs I made with the emulator, but I doubt they have much relevancy to what it is I'm looking for. Some tester I am. I attached the logs and other output files, but I doubt it's useful :/

EmuLog http://filetrip.net/dl?hRLPmkxRby
SPU2dma4 http://filetrip.net/dl?aFhc8joVah
SPU2dma7 http://filetrip.net/dl?oUxIFXIX8U

So yeah, at a loss here.
Custom Desktop
Crash Bandicoot Wrath of Cortex Usa
Last Svn Defoult Settings, (i did try to change around sound options, no changes)

During level 14 "Eskimo Roll" The Blizzard Sound Effect is Completely Wrong, is like a wierd Bzzzz sound instead of the normal Blizzard-Like sound effect.
Okay, noted. We just fixed the Crash engine games so they somewhat work on the emu.
Apparently this is a very non-standards conform engine and getting it 100% right might take longer.
Can disk caching be used to enable custom music to be streamed from your HD straight into games where it sequences it music?

That way we can get higher quality sound?
Anyone know why the low pass filters are commented out, in Reverb.cpp?

Code:
//static LowPassFilter64 lowpass_left( 11000, SampleRate );
//static LowPassFilter64 lowpass_right( 11000, SampleRate );