Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
Yeah, your only hope is on some less demanding games. also make sure to use the high performance plan in performance plan on control panel to make use of the processor's full potential.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction

Sponsored links

Hello! Quick question, I've been trying to get the emulator running for a while now, and i get a pretty decent framerate on some specific games but my problem is that my audio is unbearably choppy and really dragging down the emulator, so I'm starting to think my specs might not be able to handle PCSX2. Would appreciate some confirmation on this if this is the case, or if not where I can go to ask how to solve my problem.

I'm running this on a Laptop, my CPU is an AMD A6-52000 Quad Core @ 2 GHz each, I've got 8 GB of RAM, my graphics card is a AMD Radeon HD 8400 R3. I'm running Win7 64 bits. Any help would be appreciated.
Yeah the STP on that APU is 782, which is very very low, specially for PCSX2. I doubt you get full speed in PS2 many games. Console titles usually have their game mechanics tied to the framerate so if the PCSX2 is not running at full speed (60FPS) then your game isn't running at full speed either, which means the game will be slowed down and the audio will sound strange.

Try turning on MTVU and maybe messing with EE Cyclerate but all in all you'll need a better CPU if you want to play PS2 games at full speed.

For the audio issue, you can switch the SPU to Async Mix so that it doesn't slow down with the rest of the game.
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU
Ah well. Thanks for the help anyways Smile Hopefully when I get a less ***** computer it'll work better.
So, what if the computer is windows 8, has a Radeon HD 6410D, and is able to run a lot of things at high FPS? Main Manu can break 60 FPS when I benchmark it, but in game usually drops to 30, 40, or 50. I'd like to know how to get it to 60 so I can begin twitch streaming.

Video plugin settings are directx9 native with all options off, and both speed hack are up to 3.
It would be nice to know your cpu.
and what games do you own?
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(04-10-2015, 08:30 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: It would be nice to know your cpu.

If it means processor, it's an AMD A4-3420 APU 2800 MHz, 2 cores, 2 logical processors.

And I own quite a number of them. It'd be hard to list them all, but I've tested burnout 1 and 2, ssx tricky, saga bass fishing duel, Atv off-road fury 2, and 18 wheeler American pro trucker so far.
(04-10-2015, 08:36 PM)gamer097 Wrote: If it means processor, it's an AMD A4-3420 APU 2800 MHz, 2 cores, 2 logical processors.

Hell no that is useless for PCSX2 gaming, much less that and Twitch streaming.

Upgrade? $160 gets you into a decent FM2+ motherboard and an A8-7600.
Moe: [to Homer] And I'm pulling your favorite song out of the jukebox.
Homer: "It's Raining Men"?!
Moe: Yeah, not no more, it ain't. [throws the record out the window which lands into Smithers' car]
Smithers: Ow! [looks at the record] Ohhh.

what would ;e; do
(04-10-2015, 08:38 PM)Marge Simpson Wrote: Hell no that is useless for PCSX2 gaming, much less that and Twitch streaming.

Upgrade? $160 gets you into a decent FM2+ motherboard and an A8-7600.

Noted. At least there's nostalgia to live through...
(04-10-2015, 08:42 PM)gamer097 Wrote: Noted. At least there's nostalgia to live through...

Tongue

Yeah but seriously PCSX2 can be pretty demanding. Twitch streaming is the icing on the cake.
Moe: [to Homer] And I'm pulling your favorite song out of the jukebox.
Homer: "It's Raining Men"?!
Moe: Yeah, not no more, it ain't. [throws the record out the window which lands into Smithers' car]
Smithers: Ow! [looks at the record] Ohhh.

what would ;e; do