Read first: Will PCSX2 run fast on my computer?
(10-23-2014, 06:46 AM)karasuhebi Wrote: Yes, you should be able to get most PS2 games to HD resolutions without much of a problem with this build.

A 270X is plenty in my opinion, specially since emulation is mostly CPU driven. A 270 is slightly more powerful than even what the PS4 has for a video card, so trust me when I say a 270X is WAY more than enough for emulation lol.

I totally agree with your idea of getting a 4GB stick first and then springing for another 4GB stick later if you feel like you really need it.

As far as ripping your game discs, ImgBurn will do you just fine.

I wouldn't recommend putting the images on your SSD since you want to conserve that valuable space for things that actually need the speed. Also I've seen reports here on the forum that running .iso files from the same disk as your OS can cause lag issues. So I would suggest keeping your .iso files on your 1TB HDD.

It looks like you're on the right track for a great budget gaming PC! One thing I would like to mention though is that you don't need a Z97 board to OC the G3258, some manufacturers have BIOS updates for their B and H boards that let you OC that sucker. So if you don't have a Micro Center near you to take advantage of the G3258 + MSi Z97 board $100 bundle, going with a cheaper board will save you some money. Here's a list of some non-Z boards than can OC that puppy: http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2389948

Also don't forget to get a nice cooler so you can OC that thing to its limits. I've heard great things about the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO and that's what I'm going to be getting for my budget PC, which is pretty much the same as yours (except for I'm not going to be buying a video card for it just yet).

Good luck man and game on! Smile

Thank you. I'm lucky to have a microcenter not too far away, so i'm going to grab that combo. And, yea, that cooler seems to be a good one, probably throw that in, maybe drop the video card down a bit. thanks again

Sponsored links

Sweet man, glad to hear it. Feel free to post in our Hardware/software discussion subforum if you need help with your build once you get all the parts in.

Also once it's built, jump back on the forums and let us know how it performs. If you could run some gaming tests without the video card installed, that would be awesome. I'm curious to know how it will perform with the G3258's IGP, since the only other topic I've read on this forum about that card was this one, where he was using a GTX 760 to test it out.
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU
It does depends how big your SSD is, also NEVER EVER defrag a SSD, you will break it in no time if you do. But putting Images on SSDs does slightly help, mainly since it has a higher bandwidth then a std SATA HDD, but if your windows is on the same drive, then indeed karasuhebi is saying then just put it on your data drive Smile

And a R9 270(x) is mostly fast enough for PCSX2 if you don't have much to spent Smile
I'll likely just get 120gb ssd so i'll just use the hdd for the isos.

Yea, once I get it all done in a few weeks I'll do some benchmarks and post.

270x seems to be the bang for the buck sweetspot right now, so i'm leaning towards that.
Using The lastest build v1.2.1-646-ga28d287
Does it run normally at GS 99% and Frate drop around 30 at the jungle when toggle on software mode for MGS3 with speedhack setting 1 ? EE hover around 50%
Gtx 550 ti
open your own thread
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
So i'm making up a new build and was wondering which processor could do the trick for games like champions : return to arms and Xenosaga 3.

Currently I have so far :

Mobo : EVGA X79 FTW
Ram : Team Vulcan 2400Mhz 2x4GB
GPU : GTX 460

I would have a budget of around 450$ for the CPU so maybe a i7-4820k?
My specs atm :
[Image: yuex8r-4.png]
That would work fine.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(10-26-2014, 08:21 PM)God601 Wrote: So i'm making up a new build and was wondering which processor could do the trick for games like champions : return to arms and Xenosaga 3.

I need a bit of clarification here: Are you building a new rig or are you just upgrading the CPU in your old rig? Because as far as I know, you can't buy the X79 FTW anymore, nor do I know why you would want to in the first place: The LGA 2011 socket has been replaced by the LGA 2011-3 socket and the Ivy Bridge-E architecture is outperformed by both Haswell Refresh and Haswell-E.

If you're building a new rig from scratch, why not go for a Haswell Refresh CPU instead of the over-a-year-old Ivy Bride-E CPU? The i7-4790k is only $5-10 more than the i7-4820k and it outperforms it in both overall performance and single threaded performance. Single threaded performance is the big thing to look at here, since PCSX2 benefits greatly from this. Also the 4790k has a significantly lower TDP so it'll consume less electricity and run cooler. Also since it runs on the LGA-1150 socket instead of LGA-2011, you can save some money on the motherboard too. The money you save could be used to get a better video card and more RAM (although I'd recommend getting an SSD instead of more RAM if you don't already have one).

If you're just upgrading the CPU on your old rig, I'd need to know which CPU you're upgrading from to let you know if it'll actually be worth it to upgrade. I mean I suppose if you're upgrading from a Sandy Bridge-E to an Ivy Bridge-E it would probably be worth it, but again I'd rather have all the information before giving you a recommendation.
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU
(10-26-2014, 08:21 PM)God601 Wrote: So i'm making up a new build and was wondering which processor could do the trick for games like champions : return to arms and Xenosaga 3.

you could go for a i5 to conserve money since, it will be enough to play most games well. but if you are gonna play in 4xnative , fxaa and other intensive things than, i7 will be good.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction