[Testers Wanted] PCSX2-CE for OS X (v1.0!)
(09-08-2014, 02:27 AM)MacUser Wrote: Hi ConsoleEmu,

I just downloaded and have some feedback.

Important ones first:

1: you changed the name of the PCSX2 folder, but didn't redirect Wineskin. When I try to run the app, it fails and then opens Wineskin config. To solve, just re-do the path to the PCSX2.exe file.

2: You included the Dev9 plugin, which will be selected by default. This causes a crash and the games I tried don't work. Remove it and use the Dev9Null plugin instead.

3: I know you didn't change any of the plugin settings yet, but SPUX-2 doesn't work out of the box. Portaudio has to be chosen, but newbies have no idea.

Small niggles:

1: no icon in Finder (easily fixed)
2: When downloading from your site it was downloading "xxMB of ?" in Safari. I had no idea how big the download was or when it would finish. (well, I knew it was around 26MB because you said...)

Hey guys,

Any idea what happened to the SSSPSX Pad Plugin? It was an option on the last build as a controller plugin and allowed me to setup/use the ps3 controller. Any help would be awesome! You guys have put in some serious work as of late

Sponsored links

(09-08-2014, 02:27 AM)MacUser Wrote: 1: you changed the name of the PCSX2 folder, but didn't redirect Wineskin. When I try to run the app, it fails and then opens Wineskin config. To solve, just re-do the path to the PCSX2.exe file.

Thanks for pointing that out. It's fixed now.

(09-08-2014, 02:27 AM)MacUser Wrote: 2: You included the Dev9 plugin, which will be selected by default. This causes a crash and the games I tried don't work. Remove it and use the Dev9Null plugin instead.
I removed the plugin.

(09-08-2014, 02:27 AM)MacUser Wrote: 3: I know you didn't change any of the plugin settings yet, but SPUX-2 doesn't work out of the box. Portaudio has to be chosen, but newbies have no idea.

I'll include .ini files for plugins once we know that this is working okay.

Thanks for the feedback! An updated build is uploaded. I'm not sure how to deal with the Wineskin window showing up. I'll take a look.

(09-08-2014, 04:27 AM)Tony4705 Wrote: Hey guys,

Any idea what happened to the SSSPSX Pad Plugin? It was an option on the last build as a controller plugin and allowed me to setup/use the ps3 controller. Any help would be awesome! You guys have put in some serious work as of late

It wasn't included in the dev build that I used in the wrapper. I'll take a look at more recent ones and see if it's there.
(09-08-2014, 04:27 AM)Tony4705 Wrote: Hey guys,

The Lilypad plugin works for me. I use a PS3 controller.

I found it annoying and confusing to set up, but it works fine once you configure it.

One thing to remember is that your controller has to be connected (via bluetooth) to your mac before you run PCSX2 or else it won't detect it.

Hopefully ConsoleEmu will add a configuration file when he finalises his new build.

---edit---

A recent pull request has removed all the deprecated plugins from the main source. It appears SSSPSX was one of the victims. It's better to be using plugins that are being actively developed anyway...
(09-08-2014, 04:31 AM)ConsoleEmu Wrote: I'll include .ini files for plugins once we know that this is working okay.

I think it's time to start looking at the .ini files.

I downloaded your new build, ran the winetricks command, inserted bios, opened the app, skipped through the setup, selected game, and it ran fine (without sound, as mentioned before).

In other words, success.
(09-08-2014, 05:51 AM)MacUser Wrote: I think it's time to start looking at the .ini files.

I downloaded your new build, ran the winetricks command, inserted bios, opened the app, skipped through the setup, selected game, and it ran fine (without sound, as mentioned before).

In other words, success.

Good stuff! Thanks again for your help. I should have something up tomorrow at the latest.
(09-09-2014, 01:47 AM)ConsoleEmu Wrote: Good stuff! Thanks again for your help. I should have something up tomorrow at the latest.

In the Plugin/BIOS section, what GS should we use? Can we use GSdx (MSVC 18.00, SSE41)? How do we know if we're capable of running some GS's?
PCSX2 log should say what your CPU supports. Like here is what mine says:

Code:
x86 Features Detected:
    MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1.. SSE4.2.. AVX.. FMA
    MMX2  .. SSE4a

Otherwise, you can google and look at the specs for your processor.

In order fastest to slowest:

AVX
SSE 4.1
SSSE 3
SSE 2

Note that it only affects speed for software mode.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Downloaded the beta since I've been having major problems with 1.0.0 's audio, but when I go to open the app, it opens then closes without any windows appearing. Wineskin appears as winetricks.command and is terminal script saying 'No such file or directory'. I noticed earlier you said the paths had been fixed, but I can't find an updated download (if this is indeed the problem) Downloaded from from http://consoleemu.com/emulator/pcsx2
Sorry to be a noob D:
(09-09-2014, 06:04 PM)DucksAhoy Wrote: Downloaded the beta since I've been having major problems with 1.0.0 's audio, but when I go to open the app, it opens then closes without any windows appearing. Wineskin appears as winetricks.command and is terminal script saying 'No such file or directory'. I noticed earlier you said the paths had been fixed, but I can't find an updated download (if this is indeed the problem) Downloaded from from http://consoleemu.com/emulator/pcsx2
Sorry to be a noob D:

Don't worry about asking for help, we can't all be experts in everything.

This new beta hasn't really been finalised yet, and there have been no setup instructions posted, so it's not surprising that something might have gone wrong.

After you download, the steps you should take are:

1: unzip the package

2: run the wineskin.command. If this works properly and you are connected to the internet, it should open a shell window and start downloading the required files.

3: Throw your PS2 bios into the "Insert Bios Here" folder

4: Run the app

5: Skip through the setup

(5a: change the SPU2-X plugin setting to Portaudio)

6: Select your game

7: Run

If you have followed these steps and are still seeing errors, please let us know details, what system you are using and some screenshots.
(09-09-2014, 06:50 PM)MacUser Wrote: Don't worry about asking for help, we can't all be experts in everything.

This new beta hasn't really been finalised yet, and there have been no setup instructions posted, so it's not surprising that something might have gone wrong.

After you download, the steps you should take are:

1: unzip the package

2: run the wineskin.command. If this works properly and you are connected to the internet, it should open a shell window and start downloading the required files.

3: Throw your PS2 bios into the "Insert Bios Here" folder

4: Run the app

5: Skip through the setup

(5a: change the SPU2-X plugin setting to Portaudio)

6: Select your game

7: Run

If you have followed these steps and are still seeing errors, please let us know details, what system you are using and some screenshots.

Thanks for your quick reply! I've unzipped and I can see all the files like in 1.0.0 but when I double click winetricks.command, it opens the terminal and spits out:

ricks.command ; exit;
CCCCCCCC
CCCCCCC CCC
CCCCCCCCC CCCCC//
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCC/////
CCCCCCCCCCCCCC///////
CCCCCCCCCCCC
CCCCCCCC
CCCCCCC
CCCCCCC
XXXXXXXX

http://consoleemu.com
Spelunking into the Wineskin bundle
/Volumes/SUNSHINE/PCSX2 VERSION 2/pcsx2ce-1.2.1-565/Winetricks.command: line 22: cd: /Volumes/SUNSHINE/PCSX2: No such file or directory
Running `winetricks vcrun2013 d3dx9_36`
/Volumes/SUNSHINE/PCSX2 VERSION 2/pcsx2ce-1.2.1-565/Winetricks.command: line 26: ./winetricks: No such file or directory
logout

[Process completed]

-----

It doesn't start installing things and just stays open in the terminal, no shell window for me Sad. I didn't have any issues when I did the same thing with setting up 1.0.0 , but I'm almost positive this is due to user error lol. Should I unpack it to the desktop and try again?