[Testers Wanted] PCSX2-CE for OS X (v1.0!)
For all those who were worried about El Capitan, there is a new Wineskin wrapper version released (2.6.1) that fixes all the problems.

Update the wrapper version in the Wineskin App located in the PCSX2-CE App (right click and Show Package Contents), select Advanced==>Tools==>Update Wrapper.  

To avoid a possible bug, you should update/re-install the engine afterwards. 

I finally have PCSX2 up and running perfectly again on El Capitan.

Sponsored links

(10-10-2015, 11:53 AM)MacUser Wrote: For all those who were worried about El Capitan, there is a new Wineskin wrapper version released (2.6.1) that fixes all the problems.

Update the wrapper version in the Wineskin App located in the PCSX2-CE App (right click and Show Package Contents), select Advanced==>Tools==>Update Wrapper.  

To avoid a possible bug, you should update/re-install the engine afterwards. 

I finally have PCSX2 up and running perfectly again on El Capitan.

Updated to El Capitan.... And reinstalling PCSX2 from scratch (haven't opened the app since last year)... Not working for me  Sad
(10-14-2015, 05:52 PM)KayRyou Wrote: Updated to El Capitan.... And reinstalling PCSX2 from scratch (haven't opened the app since last year)... Not working for me  Sad

I'm guessing because it's been a year. You'd have to update the wrapper, engine, install vcrun2013, and download a new build of PCSX2...
It seems like wine 1.7.53 has support for XAudio now.

Oh, and it should be much easier to contribute to wine now.
Somehow i have the feeling this subject needs a new thread.

If i see it correctly you are now a generation after the initial post. The intial post doesnt provide best current solutions and outdated software.

The initial poster is not active anymore. You should consider bundling everything again (v 1.2.1 including updates of all mac dependencies) and provide a new thread with an updated faq/troubleshooting guide.

Thabks to your efforts the mac user base has again gained some activity.
(10-16-2015, 08:17 PM)willkuer Wrote: Somehow i have the feeling this subject needs a new thread.

If i see it correctly you are now a generation after the initial post. The intial post doesnt provide best current solutions and outdated software.

The initial poster is not active anymore. You should consider bundling everything again (v 1.2.1 including updates of all mac dependencies) and provide a new thread with an updated faq/troubleshooting guide.

Thabks to your efforts the mac user base has again gained some activity.

I've put together a rough guide here

It's based on ConsoleEmu's version, and just tells people how to update it. If we get some new users saying it works, maybe you can sticky that thread and de-stickify this one...
Hey guys, 
So i have been trying for about 3 days now to get pcsx2 to work in anyway (keen to play my childhood games) but in every version that i try there is always a problem that im unsure of how to fix. 
I am struggling to install the things in step 4 (msxml3 etc.) and would appreciate any help. 
When i try to run an iso the whole program instantly crashes. I am totally a n00b to this so please anyone who knows what their doing help me out!
(11-12-2015, 02:25 PM)damnemulators Wrote: Hey guys, 
So i have been trying for about 3 days now to get pcsx2 to work in anyway (keen to play my childhood games) but in every version that i try there is always a problem that im unsure of how to fix. 
I am struggling to install the things in step 4 (msxml3 etc.) and would appreciate any help. 
When i try to run an iso the whole program instantly crashes. I am totally a n00b to this so please anyone who knows what their doing help me out!

Crash log?
(10-16-2015, 07:22 PM)uyjulian Wrote: It seems like wine 1.7.53 has support for XAudio now.

Oh, and it should be much easier to contribute to wine now.

What do I need to do in order to use XAudio?
(11-24-2015, 07:03 PM)oskwish Wrote: What do I need to do in order to use XAudio?

Xaudio support is still buggy in OSX/Wine, but you could go try it anyway.
Go select audio plugin setting in PCSX2 and select XAudio.