[Testers Wanted] PCSX2-CE for OS X (v1.0!)
(01-23-2014, 09:49 PM)Bbplyr4lf Wrote: Im having trouble transferring my bios to the installer. I keep using the bios installer but it keeps telling me there was an error. it says the variable pcsx2 is not defined. any advice to get it installed?

I had that problem too. I just dragged the bios folder into the existing shortcut. Then launched the app. Once I figured out that I wasn't supposed to be touching the installer it went smoothly. That being said I can't get the frame rates at a playable level.

Sponsored links

Hi guys,
I'm not great with forums (only think to check them for about a week) but I came across this thread looking for a way to get PCSX2 to work and thought it might be useful to let you guys know how CE is working out for me!

Installed with no problem, had no issues with the BIOS. Started running Final Fantasy X:
The PS2 splash screen took an age to end and was glitchy.
The opening sequence of the game ran with pretty much no problems, other than the occasional drop in frame rate
Once I started playing the game, it really struggled as I was interacting with other characters, voice overs were stuttered.

I'm going to try the update from avih shortly and I'll let you know how I get on. I fear it might just be my mac not coping:
Early 2011 MBP
2.3GHz Intel Core i5
Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
4GB RAM
running Lion 10.7.5

Unfortunately I'm not savvy on the coding/technical side of things, but if you have questions about specifics when I try things out please let me know and I'll try and help you as much as I can!

EDIT:
When installing the update, I've followed the instructions, but when I click 'Install Software' it asks me to Choose Setup Executable. Am I missing something here?
Something about GS Configuration not being found any idea what that is?
When using Avih's wineskin do I try to install the program or do I copy it? If I'm to install the executable, which file is it that I'm neant to install and where is it located?
THIS IS AWESOME!!! I am loving this new version!! Running FFX smoothly right now!! Even got past that white cutscene part that it wouldn't in the previous version of the emulator. Great job!! Smile
(01-27-2014, 09:38 AM)aiden1164 Wrote: THIS IS AWESOME!!! I am loving this new version!! Running FFX smoothly right now!! (Minus for the occasional fps drops which drops down to around 30fps, but this is bearable) Even got past that white cutscene part that it wouldn't in the previous version of the emulator. Great job!! Smile
(01-22-2014, 02:56 AM)avih Wrote: ...
After you run it, choose advanced, then browse for the windows exe at c:\pcsx2-r5814\pcsx2.exe

If it seems hanged, kill all wineskin processes, and the main app, and try to tick "Use Mac driver instead of X11" at the screen options, and try again.

If you need to run the configuration again after you already configured it (e.g. to change screen options), right click the app and choose "Show package content", then run wineskin.app.
Got it working on the ivybridge i5 MBA running 10.9.1 and the gsdx avx plugin works to.
(01-27-2014, 01:34 PM)llcnjvvi Wrote: Got it working on the ivybridge i5 MBA running 10.9.1 and the gsdx avx plugin works to.

Are your frame rates acceptable and playable? I've got a 2013 MBA and it's not for me.
I get about an average of 30 fps playing DQ8 but my cpu is pretty puny so I guess thats to be expected. it looks perfect though.