What can run my pcsx2 faster
(03-17-2010, 02:28 PM)ikazu Wrote: Are u really certain that 1M and other unavailable technologies btween processor don't affect pcsx2 emulation ?

Yes we are. If it wasn't certain I would say 'probably' or 'maybe'.
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

hmm i guess my problem is the video card right? cause i can play FFX at let say presentable speed but when too many people gathered it break its fps to 50 below, and also summoning shiva real slows down but i cut the scene of aeons so maybe no prob, what do you think is the best solution for more fps? and can u give me ur settings ^^ so i can try it ^^ please it will be a big help
Yeah that graphics card is a bit weak. Try checking 'native' in GSdx and setting it to DX10 Hardware renderer (assuming you use Vista/Windows 7)
No point in someone else giving you his settings since we all have different PCs. If you used my settings of GSdx where I use some very high internal resolutions (like 1600x1200) since my 9800GTX can take the load, you would get like 10 FPS.
what about these what about if i upgrade to 9400gt 1gig of vcard? would it give me more fps? including my E5400 oc to 3.25GHZ? and adding 1 gig of ram
9400 is just as crap. If you want to upgrade, get a 9600 or better. Adding RAM will do nothing for speed but overclocking will help much (in games that you are not limited by your gpu but by your cpu)
i dont think i can buy 9600, but will 9400 will give some speed?
No it won't.
i heard nvdia cards are good for gsdx
so for the last time, hmm fsb doesnt really affect pcsx2 speed?
Fsb relates to the ram clock, gpu clock, cpu clock etc. If the fsb is fixed, pcsx2 speed is fixed to whatever speed you get. If you change the fsb namely overclocking, those components get better clock (faster), pcsx2 gets more speed or unchange depending how much you've change the fsb.

In other words, fsb does not affect pcsx2 speed directly, and if you are not convince, you can try lowering your multipler and increase your fsb such that your cpu stays at the same clock ( of course you will have to adjust your other pc components) to see it yourself.

I think it has been said a few times in this thread, cpu clock matters, video card matters ( can't be too low end), so if you still don't get it, you may want to read through it again.
AMD Athlon II 245 @ 3.55ghz, 9600GT @730mhz 1115mhz, vista sp2 32bit