XInput Wrapper for DS3 and Play.com USB Dual DS2 Controller
I tried installing the beta from post #301, all fine and well but after getting queried about the driver signature my firewall goes nuts and blocks scpdriver.exe and scpserver.exe from connecting - any particular reason to unblock those 2?

*edit*
Trials still being a b****, same issue as before with the alpha and the .dll copied... .

Now the DS3 works without any .dll but I still can't bind Gamepad2's (360 controller) A-button (or any button for that matter) to braking, but oddly enough it takes D-pad directions and analogue stick-directions like a champ.
Starting to think this might be a game issue.

Sponsored links

@Zeddidragon: no, the drivers are not intended to be re-installed every session. It looks like there is a compatibility issue with your onboard BTH adapter and the drivers are not suitable for it.

I would suggest that if you want to use your DS3 with your system that you buy an external BTH Dongle - the ones that I own and work without any issues are linked in Post #85.

@Toray: The drivers themselves don't connect to any external site.

The installer (ScpDriver) may connect to Microsoft and GlobalSign to verify the authenticity of the certificates embedded within the drivers, as these are the issuing authorities. It's the windows install subsytem that performs this verification, not the installer itself.

The components use localhost (127.0.0.1) UDP connections to talk to each other - ports 26760 and 26761.

Code:
protected IPEndPoint m_ServerEp = new IPEndPoint(IPAddress.Loopback, 26760);
protected UdpClient  m_Server   = new UdpClient();

protected IPEndPoint m_ClientEp = new IPEndPoint(IPAddress.Loopback, 26761);
protected UdpClient  m_Client   = new UdpClient();

Windows Firewall by default does not block localhost connections, are you using a third party firewall?

ScpMonitor.exe connects to ScpService/ScpServer on Port 26760 and receives status messages every 0.1 seconds which it uses to populate it's GUI. It also sends configuration requests on this port.

ScpService/ScpServer pump out native DS3 reports on Port 26761. These are used by the XInput Wrapper supplied to provide pressure sensitive button extensions for the PCSX2 plugins (LilyPad-Scp and Pokopom). The wrapper is also used by the ScpUser test application to display the extensions.

Additionally, you should not need to run ScpServer.exe. The installer (ScpDriver) installs ScpService.exe as a Windows Service (SCP DS3 Service) which runs as a background task and provides the Server functionality. It's likely that this service is unable to start because of the Firewall restrictions.
@Zeddidragon: I also have an ASUS but a G73. Using the on-board bluetooth I would have to FN+F2 twice to off, then twice to back on in order to connect after reboot/shutdown. It was a pain, ended up buying the BT211 and dedicated it to the DS3. The only issue I have with that is with Windows 8 can't leave it plugged in for shutdown or boot, it just completely freezes things up, other than that once the pc boots plug in and go.
Hi Scarlet.Crush

First of all, thank you so much for providing us with a (apparently, didn't make it work yet :/) great alternative to motioninjoy.

I tried couple things already, but I'm expieriencing some very bad windows hangs, including total freezes that only are fixable with hard reset.

I have an original EU DualShock 3 gamepad. Was bought from an online legit store, so it's 100% original gamepad (including other visible proofs, like label etc). I also bought a cheap bluetooth dongle, but which ID's are compatible with the ones you listed:

USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001&REV_0100
USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001

I also did not had the motioninjoy installed before on my PC.

Ok, what I did. I downloaded this file:
ScpServer-0.7.0.96.7z

extracted it, connected the dongle as well as the dualshock with usb-mini usb cable(it's being seen) and ran the ScpDriver.exe file. I let it install it all, but after all is installed(shown summary in the window) my windows hangs and I have to restart the PC. I tried it 3 times, and with all I got the same result.

Later on, I downloaded the 11'th update from the same post of yours (301). I hit uninstall within the ScpDriver.exe, closed it, coppied the files from the update, and installed it again. This time the PC didn't hang after the instalation, but it hanged a bit after I opened the monitor (first I saw some lags in my windows, then my cursor was shown in couple places, and then the windows was completely frozen).

I tried to look through this thread for words like hangs/freezes but I couldn't find anything. Would you be so kind to give me some hint what might be wrong?

//edit

Tried again with the bare 7z package, and same thing happened. It seems that windows is responsive for a couple seconds after the install is finished, but then things start freezing one by one. First my mp3 players, then different windows become unresponsive, and in the end the whole OS freezes. Looks really bad :/

One thing I noticed this time, is that the led's at the back stoped flashing, and actually the first led was on. So it seems as though it found the pad, and paired it, but the mayhem that happens afterwards is unexplainable to me :/
@soyo: after ScpDriver has finished installing it starts the service, the service detects your DS3 and sends a message to Windows to create an "Xbox 360 Controller for Windows" device. Windows then attaches a device driver, the default inbox driver that ships with Windows 7 is an outdated crappy driver which is likely causing your issue.

You can install an updated driver by installing the "Xbox 360 Accessories Software" from here. Run the executable before running ScpDriver.
Thanks Scarlet for superfast reply.

I'm on it... Will report ASAP
(03-18-2013, 10:10 PM)Scarlet.Crush Wrote: the default inbox driver that ships with Windows 7 is an outdated crappy driver which is likely causing your issue.
I concur. The default xbox driver in windows 7 is a total piece of crap Tongue

Scarlet.Crush, fantastic, fantastic, fantastic! What you've said worked like a charm. Thank you for sharing this fantastic tool with the community. It is working AMAZINGLY.

Motioninjoy simply can't touch this tool. I will deffinetly share the knowledge of this fantastic tool with others and will not forget to mention you.

cheers!
I finished the installation, but it is not reading the controller. I open the controller tester and get nothing.
So I saw your post waaaaay earlier in the thread showing that the SCPFilterDriver.exe would work even on Windows 8 by detecting it as Windows 7, and since I am on Windows 8 Pro 64-bit I went ahead and tried the get the whole process going. Its detecting that I am using a 64-bit version of Windows, but I guess it just can't decide which configuration to use based on that information.

This is exactly what I am seeing. I ran the install just like you suggested in post #27 I think it was.

http://imgur.com/L5rlWB9
Hello.
Im very new to this.
I was searching for an alternative for MotionJoy and I stumbled across this but for the life of me I cannot get it to install. Im using a PS3 Dualshock controller connecting it with the USB cable. Whenever I run the installer as administrator this is my result:

SCP Filter Driver Installer 2.2.1.87

Detected - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601.65536 AMD64)
Selected WIN7 configuration.

INFO - ENTER: DriverPackageInstallW
INFO - Looking for Model Section [SCProductions.NTamd64]...
INFO - Installing INF file 'C:\Users\Chanel\Desktop\SCPUser\bin\System\Windows 7\ScpDevlo.inf' (Plug and Play).
INFO - Looking for Model Section [SCProductions.NTamd64]...
INFO - Installing devices with Id "USB\VID_054C&PID_0268&REV_0100" using INF "C:\windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\scpdevlo.inf_amd64_neutral_c4daf25ea87fe672\scpdevlo.inf".
INFO - Will force install because driver is not better and force flag is set.
INFO - ENTER UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices...
ERROR - RETURN UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices.
ERROR - Installation failed.
ERROR - PnP Install failed.
INFO - Attempting to rollback ...
ERROR - Rollback failed.
INFO - RETURN: DriverPackageInstallW (0x5B4)

Install Failed. [000005B4]

I even tried using a different USB port (I have 3 altogether) and nothing. Am I doing something wrong? I followed the instructions from this Youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfKUaaJItVk

Any help would be much appreciated Smile