final fantasy 12 fps drop
his problem is CPU reaching throttle not a weak GPU ( it's helpful though ... )

Sponsored links

(07-31-2012, 05:29 AM)abdo123 Wrote: his problem is CPU reaching throttle not a weak GPU ( it's helpful though ... )

I just figured that if his cpu was heating up so much it could be because its been used for gpu and cpu functions, taking the load off Optimus and onto the dedicated gpu might also help reduce the load on the cpu hence keeping it cooler
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
(07-31-2012, 05:19 AM)Archerko Wrote: 1. Right click anywhere on desktop, pick NVIDIA Control Panel

2. On left, click Manage 3D settings

3. Click Program Settings tab

4. Press Add

5. Locate your PCSX2 executable

6. Save all settings and exit

thank you ^^
now to test it out
(07-31-2012, 05:54 AM)omnikam Wrote: I just figured that if his cpu was heating up so much it could be because its been used for gpu and cpu functions, taking the load off Optimus and onto the dedicated gpu might also help reduce the load on the cpu hence keeping it cooler

nice thinking totally was away of my mind Smile
(07-31-2012, 03:22 AM)kabu666 Wrote: not sure where hyper threading is @_@
but that mtvu option when on increases fps by 10~

Well if you really need MTvu, then use it, I only were guessing 2.7ghz i7 should be enough for FFXII and MTvu DO increase temp by generating more load thanks to doing loads of things twice;].

Hyper Threading isn't anything in PCSX2 through, it's your cpu feature. It's supposed to increase speed of multi threaded applications in some cases(afaik not pcsx2;P), mostly that's just marketing to tell average users they need to pay for more cores than they get in reality;]. Those virtual and practically useless cores do have physical representation through and using HT increase temperature of your cpu. This can be disabled inside bios(the thing you can enter, when booting your computer/laptop by pressing del/F1 or whatever key it is in yours), which would potentially result in decreased temperatures and considering that's exactly your problem, it's probably worth trying.
good news thanks to you my fps drop issue seems to have been fixed, been playing for the last hour or so and the fps stays at 50-60 unless im in a very busy area
now to just fix the overheating issue :|
(07-31-2012, 07:01 AM)miseru99 Wrote: Well if you really need MTvu, then use it, I only were guessing 2.7ghz i7 should be enough for FFXII and MTvu DO increase temp by generating more load thanks to doing loads of things twice;].

Hyper Threading isn't anything in PCSX2 through, it's your cpu feature. It's supposed to increase speed of multi threaded applications in some cases(afaik not pcsx2;P), mostly that's just marketing to tell average users they need to pay for more cores than they get in reality;]. Those virtual and practically useless cores do have physical representation through and using HT increase temperature of your cpu. This can be disabled inside bios(the thing you can enter, when booting your computer/laptop by pressing del/F1 or whatever key it is in yours), which would potentially result in decreased temperatures and considering that's exactly your problem, it's probably worth trying.

is this the same bios menu
this is the boot bios menu, the one you can get to by pressing f8 on startup
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheprob...ssbios.htm

edit:
also is there any down side to turning the hyper threading off?
will i need it for anything else?
if you use any of the adobe suite (photoshop, flash, dreamweaver,premiere etc.)

id heavily reccommend hyperthreading

but for everyday use meh not really
[Main Computer] - CPU: I7 950 @ 3.2Ghz | GPU: Twin Nvidea GTS 450's SLI'd | RAM: 8GB DDR3 - 1600MHz | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | EMU: PCSX2 v1.0 | GS: GSdx32-SSE4 | SPU2: SPU2-X | PAD LilyPad | CDVD ****
cant even figure out how to get to bios just boot menus and stuff but nothing about hyperthreading @_@
help please?
most Laptop's BIOS don't have an option for disabling hyper threading ( mine don't also )