.hack series crash in all games
So what setting should i use to run the game fast, cause it runs slow for me :[

Sponsored links

TLB version seems to crash in all G.U games after that Logo, so use VM version.

@alldrim
This game runs slow, at least in a lot of places, not much you can do. If you can resist some VU Skiping, use the options I've put at the screenshots thread, search for them, I'm too lazy to actually search for them \o/...

Currently playing G.U Vol 3, no crashes until after beating the 5 consecutive battles of Sakaki. Using r568, let's see if it stays like that Laugh.
I'm at the beginning of infection, it runs fairly slow :[

i'll try that.
The GU games are a different series of games entirely to the Dot hack ones.

For Infection it runs ok, just slow in towns and during some parts of dungeons. Just make sure you turn all speed hacks on. Helps somewhat.
Old habits die hard - System Shock
(01-14-2009, 11:11 AM)icemann Wrote: The GU games are a different series of games entirely to the Dot hack ones.

Err, they're still Dot Hack, the different think about them is being real time battles and all. Weirdly enough, they share bugs alike.
Activating all "flush to zero" and "denormals are zero" and setting "none" to clamp mode speeds a lot.

It went from 70% to 100% with rarely slows down to 80% and no crashes in infection and only 1 crash in mutation (nvidia 8800gts, core2quad q6600 2.4ghz)
(01-14-2009, 02:55 PM)stpdrgstr Wrote: Err, they're still Dot Hack, the different think about them is being real time battles and all. Weirdly enough, they share bugs alike.

Course their still dot back. But they run under different engines which is what I meant.

Mewster: You have a similar pc setup to me. Might have to try those settings.
Old habits die hard - System Shock
@mewster: What saga do you mean. The G.U or the another sagas? Just to advice, the G.U has glitches with DaZ in VU Recs.

Oh, yeah, now, G.U Vol 3 crashes at some random non-quest area that I just checked with r568, haven't tested with lastest rev. and will finish with r528. I'll test all the tree games in lastest revision at my second playthrough anyways Tongue.
Ok, people. this is not a "how to tweak .hack games" thread. If you want to talk about config, go in the general forum. This is for bug reports.
Ouch. Sorry, guess we got all excited and stuff Tongue2.

Well, just to report that G.U Vol 3 is "playable" too, but I had to alter between 2 revisions to complete it (as well as with Vol 2)... and I haven't done some sidequests, lol.

Used r528 and r563. Well, that's it until I do another playthrough, these games were the reason why I wanted to emulate, after all they look ***** in the PS2 (no normal tv at the moment :/), and gorgeous with Hi-Res graphics Smile.

On a side note... I wonder if this topic should be moved, it has bug reports, but is more "general" than a bug report.