Ace Combat 5 is still not playable on 0.9.8.
Well, good work Smile

Sponsored links

(07-23-2013, 06:12 AM)miseru99 Wrote: From what I saw in AC Zero, the game has two obvious glitches in hw mode, one is I'm not 100% sure, but most likely a texture cache bug or something even worser which makes wrong textures being applied after certain distance from the plane, and the second is an obvious upscalling bug. Both of such type of bugs are typically unfixable. :3

if i'm not wrong the texture flickering bug (in hardware mode) is caused from mipmaps incorrectly applied
(once it used to be bugged software mode too, but as soon as they fixed the mipmaps there, flickering disappeared)
(07-23-2013, 01:37 PM)mirh Wrote: if i'm not wrong the texture flickering bug (in hardware mode) is caused from mipmaps incorrectly applied
(once it used to be bugged software mode too, but as soon as they fixed the mipmaps there, flickering disappeared)

Correct Smile increasing the render range stops the mipmaps but increases texture size usage
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Anyway, is it possible to implement similar hack to fix AC4's graphics?
Intel Core2Duo E4500 @ 2.2GHz x 2GB DDR2 RAM x XFX Nvidia Geforce 8600GT
Oh mipmaps then I guess "or something even worser" fits for that, that would probably be the first I saw a gsdx mipmap bug, knew it's broken in hw, but didn't really read threads of AC series earlier to link it with;3.

I played the AC Zero with this zoom a bit and it does affect gameplay slightly, basically your field of view is smaller, so to compensate that it moves faster, possibly making the game feel slightly harder or easier depending on the prefference, through it's all about feeling since game mechanics aren't changed. Zooming those cameras doesn't affect cutscenes nor replays since they have their own cameras, not sure if that can be patched same way, and what would be the downsides but I didn't really searched for it yet, quite possible it's very close around, since saw alot of similar values and didn't saw what they change in-game.;p Added one more, optional patch for now to move camera a bit down in external view since with just zoom, plane engines aren't visible on the screen much.

=======

As for porting it to other games of the series, I would recommend reading some WS guide since it's pretty same except you look for other effect, limiting searching for float range similar to original and in memory range of 20300000-204FFFFF, that doesn't change between stages would be a way to hopefully easily find it. Maybe someone finds a better solution than camera zoom,;x I pretty much stopped at first result I got satisfied with, and didn't really searched through whole value ranges either, just those more commonly used for such stuff from my past WS search experience.
Hello, I have been using your tool to get through Ace Combat Zero, but I am stuck in one of the missions and I suspect the tool isn't doing it's job for this particular target. It's mission 15, where you must defeat XB-0. The missiles just vanish in proximity and don't work at all within a ~1000m range of the plane, exploding immediately when launched. Gunfire also doesn't work except when practically colliding with the targets. Could you take a look at it? I can provide a save if you need one.

Also, any chance of getting the terrain to be solid as well? Thanks.
Not sure how I could even find anything related to ground collission, dunno about the gun either. Generally with stuff that work differently on different target's theres a hope to find it by comparism between those objects related code, but if it works same way on all objects like gun or ground it would all be one big game of guessing, meaning a huge waste of time that leads nowhere and that's probably also why the original fix was only for planes vs missiles. I'm not really into doing that either unless accidently finding it by searching for something else, it'll have to wait for proper hopefully emulator-side fix which is "in production" if that would be correct interpretation of this post^_^.

I'm at 11 mission now myself, but when there are multiply choices I play through all of them to check everything so save would certainly speed up checking that XB-0. It's either my aob scan failing or the plane works differently from other big planes no clue before I see it.Tongue
Here's a copy of my memorycard set on the trouble mission. It's pretty straightforward, just fly towards the arrow, defeat the two aces and try to shoot down the XB-0.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7jo8uh...Mcd001.ps2

Thanks for replying Laugh
I managed to pass this mission and destroy XB-0 without using the patcher then I used the patcher and couldn't, soo apparently XB-0 is one big plane which didn't need a fixOhmy, for now just turn off the patcher before this mission, I'll have to add an extra check to skip patching of this plane after I check some more things.
(07-24-2013, 12:41 AM)miseru99 Wrote: I managed to pass this mission and destroy XB-0 without using the patcher then I used the patcher and couldn't, soo apparently XB-0 is one big plane which didn't need a fixOhmy, for now just turn off the patcher before this mission, I'll have to add an extra check to skip patching of this plane after I check some more things.
I feel stupid, I should have tried that before bothering you... Thanks a bunch for the help!