Poll: GSDX for PSX is:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Best.
35.00%
14 35.00%
Good.
50.00%
20 50.00%
Poor.
7.50%
3 7.50%
Worst.
7.50%
3 7.50%
Total 40 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Anything About GSDX On EPSXE Here
hello again! Tongue

i just wanted to ask... what's the version/revision of the GSdx plugin that's compatible with ePSXe?

the one i downloaded from the GSdx thread were

GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 1.14
GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSSE3) 1.14
GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSE41) 1.14

any newer versions that is compatible with ePSXe perhaps? Smile
or this is the latest version/revision?

many thanks! Laugh

Sponsored links

Newest GSdx revisions have it disabled as far as I know, don't think there much of a difference after the GSdx 0.1.14 ones anyway.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(06-14-2010, 10:36 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Newest GSdx revisions have it disabled as far as I know, don't think there much of a difference after the GSdx 0.1.14 ones anyway.

aaaaaawwwwww really?... that's too bad Sad
this plugin has a lot of potential!

a few bugs here and there but overall, very promising! Happy

i just hope it gets developed further... my hope is in this plugin!
hahahahaha... i wish it doesn't die out on us Biggrin
(06-15-2010, 04:35 PM)TTmicoTT Wrote: aaaaaawwwwww really?... that's too bad Sad

If only the same could be said about the sound plugins on ePSXe....You know, like Eternal SPU and the Internal Sound Core 1.7.0 (or whatever the heck it's called)...I swear that the developers all but killed off those projects.
Custom Desktop
CPU: Haswell Core i7 4770 3.40 GHz (3.90 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
CPU Instructions: MMX, SSE1, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1,
SSE4.2, EIST, iAMT2, Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)  
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
HDD: 3 x 1 TB Western Digital HDD
Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB GDDR5
Audio: Realtek 5.1 HD Audio
(06-15-2010, 04:39 PM)nintendo85 Wrote:
(06-15-2010, 04:35 PM)TTmicoTT Wrote: aaaaaawwwwww really?... that's too bad Sad

If only the same could be said about the sound plugins on ePSXe....You know, like Eternal SPU and the Internal Sound Core 1.7.0 (or whatever the heck it's called)...I swear that the developers all but killed off those projects.

true! Happy

there's still room for improvements for the sound plugins as well... would anyone know what happened to the developers?

notwithstanding that the psx is already a classic, these projects (emulators) should not be killed off easily...
(06-15-2010, 05:26 PM)TTmicoTT Wrote: true! Happy

there's still room for improvements for the sound plugins as well... would anyone know what happened to the developers?

notwithstanding that the psx is already a classic, these projects (emulators) should not be killed off easily...

(This is kind of off topic, I know, but...) the sound plugin situation is a paradox; Pete's DSound 1.9 has Gaussian interpolation, but it's sound sync sucks (in fact, it doesn't work with any emulator, despite having it as choice in the configuration). Eternal SPU 1.50 beta 2 has excellent sound sync emulation, but you're stuck with Linear Interpolation. Then there's the Internal ePSXe Core 1.7.0....that has both sound sync and Gaussian Interpolation, but sounds like crap on Square Enix games, and reverb effects wave bye-bye when you load a save state (Eternal SPU doesn't have that issue). It's a huge mess, and hopefully someone can locate the source code or maybe even write a completely new sound plugin....but we all know that will never happen.

To sum up:

Pete's DSound 1.9 : +Gaussian Interpolation -Lack of sound sync
-Sound effects aren't that great

Eternal SPU 1.50: +Perfect sound effects +Near perfect sound sync
-Lack of Gaussian Interpolation (listen to Star Ocean 2's voices) +Able to load from save state without loss of reverb effects.

ePSXe Core 1.7.0: +Near perfect sound sync +Gaussian Interpolation is used -Square Enix games sound like utter crap, esp. after loading from save states. Switching sound plugins does not solve this issue; the game must be reset and loaded from a memory card.

As you can see, the sound scene is a huge mess, and well, kinda of abortive. Why development has ceased is beyond me. Blink At one point, some random author was supposed to take Eternal SPU and add Gaussian to it, but it never happened. If only SPU2-X could be used in ePSXe....
Custom Desktop
(06-15-2010, 06:14 PM)nintendo85 Wrote:
(06-15-2010, 05:26 PM)TTmicoTT Wrote: true! Happy

(This is kind of off topic, I know, but...) the sound plugin situation is a paradox; Pete's DSound 1.9 has Gaussian interpolation, but it's sound sync sucks (in fact, it doesn't work with any emulator, despite having it as choice in the configuration). Eternal SPU 1.50 beta 2 has excellent sound sync emulation, but you're stuck with Linear Interpolation. Then there's the Internal ePSXe Core 1.7.0....that has both sound sync and Gaussian Interpolation, but sounds like crap on Square Enix games, and reverb effects wave bye-bye when you load a save state (Eternal SPU doesn't have that issue). It's a huge mess, and hopefully someone can locate the source code or maybe even write a completely new sound plugin....but we all know that will never happen.

To sum up:

Pete's DSound 1.9 : +Gaussian Interpolation -Lack of sound sync
-Sound effects aren't that great

Eternal SPU 1.50: +Perfect sound effects +Near perfect sound sync
-Lack of Gaussian Interpolation (listen to Star Ocean 2's voices) +Able to load from save state without loss of reverb effects.

ePSXe Core 1.7.0: +Near perfect sound sync +Gaussian Interpolation is used -Square Enix games sound like utter crap, esp. after loading from save states. Switching sound plugins does not solve this issue; the game must be reset and loaded from a memory card.

As you can see, the sound scene is a huge mess, and well, kinda of abortive. Why development has ceased is beyond me. Blink At one point, some random author was supposed to take Eternal SPU and add Gaussian to it, but it never happened. If only SPU2-X could be used in ePSXe....

wow! excellent summing up! couldn't have said it any better! Cool

interesting insights... i've read somewhere in this thread that development in PS1 and 2 emulators should not be different since, well, they are both emulators hahahahaha...

since some earlier versions of gsdx are compatible for ePSXe, it would indeed be great if the SPU2-X would be compatible for ePSXe Tongue

but going back to the topic of this thread, i hope that gsdx (and the sound plugins) for the ePSXe would be further developed. such a shame if these projects die.
Yeah, no kidding. They should be worked on, you know, so we could finally have a sound plugin that has the best of both worlds (Gaussian interpolation, sound sync and Square Enix-free sound issues). But we all know that people will never work on such a plugin, mostly because people seem to care more about PS2 and PSP emulation these days. Just like the PJ64 1.7 beta (which I have), ePSXe has all but died in obscurity. If you go to the PJ64 forums, you can clearly see they're more dead than eight track tapes. If I actually knew how to program, I'd do it, but I don't, so I can't. I hope the PSX emulation scene gets revived.
Custom Desktop
nice to know some people still cares about psx emulation! Biggrin

well, it was lovely speaking to you nintendo85! Cool

i gotta go for now... see you later!
When people loose interrest in projects, they slowly die off. That's just normal.
You can only hope that it gets perfected in its busy time.

I don't think the SPU situation is as bad as you make it sound.
But if you really want to get the problems fixed, you should start writing emails to the authors,
request that they give away their source code to new coders that want to improve on them.

*I* for example would love some insight to Eternal SPU, since it has like 5 different reverb methods we could "borrow" Wink