Cheat Engine?
Hi. I would like some help with something related to the CE. Using it to play God of War. 

You see, if I use PCSX2 v1.6, the table I saved for later use works perfectly. As in, each value works as they did before I closed the emulator and the CE. 

But if I use PCSX2 v1.7, the values won't be the same (most of the time they're just displayed as '??'). Why does this happen?

But I can't use the former version to use the CE, since v1.6 works very slowly on my computer (since Vulkan wasn't a thing yet), so I need to use the later version, but it's extremely frustrating to have to manually search for each value all over again each time I launch PCSX2. 

So, basically, I want to know if there's a fix for this, or if there's a version of PCSX2 that simultaneously doesn't have this issue, and has Vulkan as a feature.

Sponsored links

sorry, but no
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
No, as in there is no fix for this? Can you at least tell me why this happens? Or at least, do you know which was the first PCSX2 version to feature Vulkan?
I think it doesn't work because of the removal of the plugins system IIRC
it was one of the nightlies can't rememeber which number exactly (1.7xxx)
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I see. Well, thanks for answering.
Yeah the plugins got removed I think some point in late 2020. So try to see if you can find a build from around that period that still has the plugins, maybe that'll help.
1.7 is using a different base address which can be random while on 1.6 the base address is always 20000000-21FFFFFF

This is what I use(it requires AutoHotkey to run the script)
1.Open run your game
2.Open CE and load your cheats
3.Select all and copy all
4.Run the script
5.Go back to CE,clear the list and paste the converted codes

This will convert all of the addresses to pointers which will allow you to use those codes on any future pcsx2 version

Attached Files
.zip   PCSX2CE.zip (Size: 360 bytes / Downloads: 430)
Hey vsub, I tried to send you a PM to ask a Q but it says your inbox is full. Can you delete an old message plz lol
(01-11-2023, 06:51 PM)Ultimatesaber27 Wrote: Hi. I would like some help with something related to the CE. Using it to play God of War. 

You see, if I use PCSX2 v1.6, the table I saved for later use works perfectly. As in, each value works as they did before I closed the emulator and the CE. 

But if I use PCSX2 v1.7, the values won't be the same (most of the time they're just displayed as '??'). Why does this happen?

But I can't use the former version to use the CE, since v1.6 works very slowly on my computer (since Vulkan wasn't a thing yet), so I need to use the later version, but it's extremely frustrating to have to manually search for each value all over again each time I launch PCSX2. 

So, basically, I want to know if there's a fix for this, or if there's a version of PCSX2 that simultaneously doesn't have this issue, and has Vulkan as a feature.

CE codes for PCSX2 1.6 have to be converted to use with PCSX2 1.7. The conversion process is covered in this topic :

https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-1-...patibility

Read through the topic. All you really need to do is 2 things to get your 1.6 CE codes working in 1.7.

Follow the steps #1-7 outlined in post #20 : (steps #8 and #9 are not necessary)

For steps #1 and #2, download emurpm.lua and emurpm.frm from the link in post #26. Put those files in your autorun folder inside cheat engine.

Once you have those files in your autorun folder, then you have to follow steps #3-#7 every time you start CE with PCSX2 1.7 running in order to get your codes working. Your codes will now be 0XXXXXXX in PCSX2 1.7 instead of 2XXXXXXX like they are in PCSX2 1.6. So this means you have to take your old PCSX2 1.6 .CT table and subtract all your codes by 20000000 to get them from 2XXXXXXX to 0XXXXXXX. Then select all in the code list, and cut and paste the new addresses (this allows it to save the new addresses) then you save a new .CT table with your 1.6 codes as 0XXXXXXX instead of 2XXXXXXX and when you do steps #3-#7 (each time you start CE) then load your new .CT table your new codes will appear with PCSX2 1.7 running.

Note: I have been unable to figure out how to actually search for new codes in PCSX2 1.7 after using this method. (it doesn't work when I try) But this method will allow you to use your previously found PCSX2 1.6 codes in PCSX2 1.7. Good luck and if you have any issues getting this to work I'm happy to help.
Quote:Note: I have been unable to figure out how to actually search for new codes in PCSX2 1.7 after using this method.

Do you mean trying to search for values to create new cheats? I had that issue but it turned out there was a setting that I needed to enable in CE to get it to actually search for the addresses of any given game I had running. In the settings tab, under Scan Settings, MEM_MAPPED wasn't ticked for the scan type, so no matter what I did I could never find any given values I tried to search/alter. Once I enabled that, I could search for and make new codes.

I actually didn't start using CE until recently after getting back into codes from reminiscing about the old GameShark days in the 90s and early 2000s hah. How does saving codes work if you create them natively in 1.7xxx rather than converting pre-existing ones? Since the base address is now random in the emu, is there some special set of steps to conserve your codes without having to constantly search for new addresses?