Cheating, the easy way
artmomey and CE are the same thing really. just CE is free and artmoney is not. oh.. and I found the hotkeys feature in CE, I just never use it

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

ArtMoney have freeware and shareware version...and ArtMoney also have hotkeys.

The more complicated but with more features program is MHS(Memory Hacking System)
CE has that too, actually.. it's all about a name more than the functions, they're all there if you look for them
Or if you have the codebreaker v10 iso you can just do it that way.
Again,this is a guide on how to CREATE your own cheats,not use in any way already created cheats.
And why if has to be CB v10 or cb v10 ISO.The program work just fine by using just the elf file from it,you don't need CodeBreaker to be on iso/disk to use it on pcsx2.
tested it with some games and it works perfectly,
thank you Saiki
(03-19-2011, 05:38 PM)Saiki Wrote: Cheat Engine guide

(look at the end of this post for a special conversion tutorial you can also seach (ctrl +F) SSCT to find it quicker)

what you need:
cheatengine (the one in the pictures is 5.6, but 6.0 works just as well)
PCSX2 0.9.8
game CRC

This template:
Code:
gametitle=(name here)
comment=(something that shows up in the console)
patch=1,EE,address,(byte/short/word),value

Quick Cheat Engine overview:
First scan: Starting value to scan for, as stated in scan type (exact,bigger than, smaller than, unknown, between two values)
Hex (checkbox): search a value in hex (you won't need this most likely)

Value type:
scan options: usermode should be fine, personally have come across no issues with it. use ALL if you feel you need to

First things first, you need a goal. For this guide I've used FFX-International, and I'm looking for gil

Right now, I have 973939518 gil so the first thing I am going to do is put that number in cheat engine. it's 4 bytes, and I know the exact number so I am going to search that. (yes I made a mistake when I searched it, end result is still correct you can search more, but not less)

As you can see, only 2 values showed up, this is because of the amount that I currently have, it's very high, and very specific HOWEVER, we are going to continue like it is not, so we'll change out gil count somewhere (I'm going to pay off Yojimbo, quickest way to lose money) Again, I have only 2 values, so the one that changed is easy to see. Type in the new value (in my case: 773841892) and hit "next scan"

Voila, my address is found:

Now that we have our address, let's test it:

Double-click the address in the search you get a new small list of options for that address and value:

quick explination:

ok, so let's change that value, and make sure our code works:

sure enough, it does, we have out location. now it's time to make our patch

This shows up if there's no file to cheat with in PCSX2 and cheats are enabled:
Code:
[wx] can't open file 'cheats\658597e2.pnach' (error 2: the system cannot find the file specified.)
Cheats not enabled? it's still easy to find. Look in the console when you start the game:
Well, now we have our CRC (658597e2) so it's time to make our patch. This is what it should look like:
Code:
gametitle=Final Fantasy 10 International
comment=Infinate Gil
patch=1,EE,2031CE98,word,1DCD6500
This is a great place to make use of the "Hex" checkbox, input the value you wish to convert, check "Hex" and cheat engine will do the rest, paste the value into your patch file.

name this file 658597e2.pnach and put it in the CHEATS folder of pcsx2 (also be sure to enable cheats in PCSX2's Gui)

lastly all you have to do is run your game, and the cheats will apply on their own.

In QUICK review:
Happy Cheating!
____________________________________________________________________________________

SSCT

A Conversion tutorial:

What you need:
cheats you want to convert
a common code between 2 regions (MUST work for its respective region)
a hex calculator (for windows users: ALT + 3 when calulator is open. also choose HEX, not DEC)

NOTE: if the address exceeds FFFFFFFF, or below 00000000; Give up, and search it yourself

Games that are ported usually do NOT work. Find another region, not another system (in fact the one I started using does not work as I remember it working.)

There are some special instances, here are some PERSONAL notes I made for the .hack games (I'm sharing them for the first time here):
Code:
//Conversion Values: infection > mutation: mutation(h)DC400  (mutation is higher)
//conversion factor inf > out(h)= 43100 (Outbreak is higher)
//conversion out(h) > qua= 103480 (Outbreak is higher)
This game is special, in itself it has a conversion factor to let you continue through the games. what I did here was simply find that value. It's special, but the method we are about to apply still exists.

Ok, so on to the Tutorial:

First thing you need is a game and some values that match up. I'm going to use 3 games: FFX-NTSC U/C, FFX- PAL-E, and FFX International - NTSC J

I'm not going to go through explaining how to find these, I have done so above so here are the addresses for Gil for each game:

an old note of mine you can find on the forum:
"NTSC U/C + 31f0 = PAL?" (posted before testing, DOES work)
and here's a new one:
"NTSC U/C + 2E70 = ITL"

Now to start converting some codes:

I pulled a US patch for FFX form the forum, credit to aznboix for these codes. (I trust they work, I have not tested them)
There are more, but I'm not converting all of them.

So first PAL-E version:
And the ITL version:
Now what did I do? it's simple:

001BE130 + 31F0 = 001C1320
001BE130 + 2E70 = 001C0FA0

Windows calculator will show "1C1320" for example. this is because the opening "00" is seen by windows as useless, add it in yourself.

That's all there really is to it.

If you have any questions on EITHER of these, post below your question and on what topic it is.(you can put simply Search or convert, it will help me and others help you better)

Thanks, can we have it in english now, the title of this thread is missleading. i read your tut all the way through, (well tried to)
and at no point did i get what you were trying to explain, firstly
how do you know which number to put in the first place?
CPU: Intel core i5-2500k @3.30GHZ
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280 1024 MB ram
RAM: DDR3 4gb
MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth p67 B3 revision
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
He is explaining how to find and create your own cheats using the program Cheat Engine.
A my old question Saiki(vsub must have already knew this), did you ever tried with Valkyrie Profile 2?

I can't find a value, and even yes I can't change it?

Yeah, I have done with many games before!
(09-13-2011, 08:11 AM)phikhanh Wrote: A my old question Saiki(vsub must have already knew this), did you ever tried with Valkyrie Profile 2?

I can't find a value, and even yes I can't change it?

Yeah, I have done with many games before!

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Post-your...#pid147969
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Post-your...#pid147972