Compile Guide
Hello!

This is my first try to compile PCSX2 from the SVN Trunk. Seems that I missing some library or config as I'm getting too many unresolved symbols.

I'm using Visual Studio C++ Express Edition SP1, and downloaded the DirectX SDK, and Microsoft SDK.

If there is need, I will post my computer specs.

BTW, how do I use that fancy code box? Blink

Here follows a small part of the errors:
2>bzlib.c
5>dev9null.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__MessageBoxA@16
6>------ Build started: Project: FWnull, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
5>LIBCMT.lib(dllcrt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__GetCurrentThreadId@0
5>LIBCMT.lib(tidtable.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__GetCurrentThreadId@0
5>LIBCMT.lib(gs_support.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__GetCurrentThreadId@0
5>LIBCMT.lib(dllcrt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__GetCommandLineA@0
5>LIBCMT.lib(invarg.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__TerminateProcess@8
5>LIBCMT.lib(gs_report.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__TerminateProcess@8
5>LIBCMT.lib(invarg.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__GetCurrentProcess@0
5>LIBCMT.lib(gs_report.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__GetCurrentProcess@0
5>LIBCMT.lib(invarg.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__UnhandledExceptionFilter@4
5>LIBCMT.lib(gs_report.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__UnhandledExceptionFilter@4
5>LIBCMT.lib(abort.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__UnhandledExceptionFilter@4
5>LIBCMT.lib(invarg.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__SetUnhandledExceptionFilter@4
5>LIBCMT.lib(gs_report.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__SetUnhandledExceptionFilter@4
5>LIBCMT.lib(abort.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__SetUnhandledExceptionFilter@4
5>LIBCMT.lib(invarg.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__IsDebuggerPresent@0
5>LIBCMT.lib(gs_report.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__IsDebuggerPresent@0
5>LIBCMT.lib(_file.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__EnterCriticalSection@4
5>LIBCMT.lib(mlock.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__EnterCriticalSection@4
5>LIBCMT.lib(osfinfo.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__EnterCriticalSection@4
5>LIBCMT.lib(_file.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__LeaveCriticalSection@4
5>LIBCMT.lib(mlock.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__LeaveCriticalSection@4
5>LIBCMT.lib(osfinfo.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__LeaveCriticalSection@4
5>LIBCMT.lib(ioinit.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__SetHandleCount@4
5>LIBCMT.lib(ioinit.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__GetStdHandle@4

And my VC++ settings.

Sponsored links

you don't put that little "Y" looking sign, you put this sign "\". Smile
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
(04-26-2009, 10:15 PM)LuisR14 Wrote: you don't put that little "Y" looking sign, you put this sign "\". Smile

I think that's the Japanese symbol for \
It's normal
hmm didn't know that Tongue
but visual studio only takes english signs Tongue (it doesn't take into account other languages Tongue)
Windows 7 64bit

(04-26-2009, 10:34 PM)LuisR14 Wrote: hmm didn't know that Tongue
but visual studio only takes english signs Tongue (it doesn't take into account other languages Tongue)

Well I don't think he writed the path but select it using the browse command...again I'm sure that this is not the problem

If it was that then VC++ wont work at all
The problem is that for some reason his Pcsx2 and or plugin projects are linking against the CRT's "DLL" version of the runtime. There are four versions of the CRT:

* Multithreaded Static Debug
* Multithreaded Static [Release]
* Multithreaded DLL Debug
* Multithreaded DLL [Release]

(the release part is usually not in the description, but implied via it's absence).
There used to be single threaded versions also, but microsoft has (for good reason) discontinued them.

Anyways, why it's linking the wrong CRT I can't say. And thus I'm not sure how to fix it. The CRT should be in the project file settings so it should know to link the right one already.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
(04-26-2009, 10:31 PM)vsub Wrote:
(04-26-2009, 10:15 PM)LuisR14 Wrote: you don't put that little "Y" looking sign, you put this sign "\". Smile

I think that's the Japanese symbol for \
It's normal

Yeah, forgot to tell about that... its because my windows is setup to use Japanese for non-unicode programs, because I play some japanese games too ... But it is fine...

I found the problem... I was reading some older posts here, and noticed that everyone includes only the directories for DirectX SDK, not the ones of Microsoft SDK... removed their directories, and now I'm getting 15 sucessful builds and 3 errors...

8>c:\pcsx2_svn\plugins\cdvdolio\stdafx.h(33) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'afxwin.h': No such file or directory
10>c:\pcsx2_svn\plugins\xpad\stdafx.h(33) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'afxwin.h': No such file or directory
14>c:\pcsx2_svn\plugins\gsdx\stdafx.h(33) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'afxwin.h': No such file or directory

Did a search on entire SVN directory and have not found that file... any ideias?
just unload those 3 projects (the MFC isn't included in VC++ Express Smile)
Windows 7 64bit

Tenchi_Muyou Wrote:Yeah, forgot to tell about that... its because my windows is setup to use Japanese for non-unicode programs, because I play some japanese games too ... But it is fine...

I do this in another way.Just install the Japanese support from Control Panel=>Regional and Language Options=>Languages=>Install files for East Asian language=>Restart=>install AppLocale and use that program to launch any program with the language that's required(for example Ys)
Does someone knows why this is happening.Sometimes when I update the svn and try to compile it,I end up with the same file as the one before the update.When I try to compile it again then it compiles the newest one.

It's not happening every time but I don't know why it's happening.For example,now I've updated GSdx to r1076 and after I compile it and check it in pcsx2,the name says GSdx-r1076 but in pcsx2=>Config I see GSdx 1006.When I compile it again then it's GSdx-r1076 Huh

I always rename the GSdx-r??? to GSdx.dll before I place it inside my plugins directory