Custom Shaders for GSdx
(12-02-2012, 09:32 PM)Asmodean Wrote: #EDIT: I don't know if I should making a new post per shader, or just keep editing the same post, If you want to let me know, because I feel like I'm spamming the thread here Tongue

5XBR Shader ported to HLSL by me.

This algorithm is great on sprite/2D games, and games with pre-rendered backgrounds etc, enjoy.

If you guys have any requests, let me know. (though it seems like it's only myself currently active in this thread atm lol)

I have a request: here is the ePSXe shader pack http://www.emucr.com/2012/10/epsxe-shade...21019.html

One of those shaders - 4 x MSAL, is brilliant, and works on any game (2D, 3D, or 3D games with 2D backgrounds) to smooth over pixels, at least it does if you run ePSXe at 1280x960 like I do (which I guess is 4x native).

I think a 2x version of that same shader could work just as well for all PS2 games (because PS2 games generally run at twice the resolution of PS1 games, right?).

So I would like something like that - a 2x MSAL shader.

Sponsored links

Here you go,

4xMSAL I've increased the quality of the filtering vs the glsl version.

I've also given it a "control knob" variable called SMOOTH_LEVEL which can you find inside the shader (comments show where inside the shader, easy), so you can adjust the filter level for your own desired smoothness Wink

.fx   4xMSALv2.fx (Size: 6,18 KB / Downloads: 1.680)
I would thank you but I'm having trouble getting shaders to actually load, now that there's one I want to try!

I'm running r5423, I've tried fxaa=1 in gsdx.ini, and pressing the PGUP key - neither seems to do anything. What am I missing?
Did you rename the shader to shader.fx?
Hum, i just tested 5XBR shader, and it's worse than without :-/

Screenshot for show it :

Without

[Image: a81be62e969b1dc72df4a23a9d98ft.jpg]

With

[Image: 530eb2c982d04a2df1e2702688f47t.jpg]

Thank you for the effort nevertheless Smile
(12-03-2012, 10:21 AM)Eloris Wrote: Did you rename the shader to shader.fx?

Yep.
Odd. The shader definitely works, though. If you have it in the right directory, named correctly and use r5390 or greater of GSdx, I can't really think of anything else. Sorry.
@vgrageaholic,
What craphics card have you?

(12-03-2012, 10:51 AM)AzazelDC Wrote: Hum, i just tested 5XBR shader, and it's worse than without :-/

Screenshot for show it :

Without

Thank you for the effort nevertheless Smile

I should have pointed out that xBR is for sprite games that have low res textures that don't upscale well when you increase the IR.

The two glsl ported shaders (xbr, msal) arn't really needed on pcsx2, when you're running very high internal resolutions, they are a bit more for people running lower res, and/or personal preference.

I'm still working on my big shaders. I may need extra functionality in gxdx's shader loading in the cpp. I may take a look at it myself if I've time today.
(12-03-2012, 11:53 AM)Asmodean Wrote: @vgrageaholic,
What craphics card have you?

I should have pointed out that xBR is for sprite games that have low res textures that don't upscale well when you increase the IR.

The two glsl ported shaders (xbr, msal) arn't really needed on pcsx2, when you're running very high internal resolutions, they are a bit more for people running lower res, and/or personal preference.

I'm still working on my big shaders. I may need extra functionality in gxdx's shader loading in the cpp. I may take a look at it myself if I've time today.

I have a GTX 570. Is there supposed to be any text on-screen when you hit PG UP to indicate its at least trying to do something?
The console window should have an entry.
Code:
GSdx: Post-processing shader is now enabled.
... or disabled if it was enabled via ini by default.