Custom Shaders for GSdx
(01-08-2014, 10:28 AM)Asmodean Wrote: Yagyu: These wouldn't work well compiled where the f7 shaders are compiled. They're done before scaling is handled. Most of mine need to take scaling into account, or you'd get native texture sizes for the effects no matter what IR you picked, and it would look ridiculous.

Also, It would make more sense to have an fxaa implementation compiled internally (seperately from other effects), and other effects like mine compiled externally. They would work much better if the fxaa was compiled in a different pass than the rest. Preferably after everything else. I might have a look at doing it myself, if I can.

tsunami2311: Yes. As I mentioned here, I will be adding my own external updates back to the original shader OP, with their own settings file, when I feel I've gotten enough feedback. Which I haven't btw. 99.9% of people who download it, don't provide any lol.

edit:
gregory: Sure, I'll send it to you when I'm home.

I must of missed that when I was glancing over it my bad. As for feed back i not sure how much help it would be give feed back, cause to me This shader look way better then the defualt and i see no glaring issue with it.

FXAA and all the lighting/coloring is on except for cell shading

Sponsored links

(01-08-2014, 03:37 PM)Asmodean Wrote: refraction: That would work far better overall tbh. The fxaa should be outputting after gamma correction, and tone mapping etc is done. But, because I've to do fxaa in the same pass as the rest, I've to output the fxaa first, because that's the one directly outputting a sampled texture object (you can only directly bind a sampled texture to a color output once per pass). If I tried to output the fxaa last, anything before it wouldn't be displayed.

Same as if I tried binding any of the other outputs directly to a sampled tex after fxaa. The fxaa, or anything else before it wouldn't output. This is also why you can't use any of the filters along with the fxaa.

Maybe you can add gamma correction and tone mapping to the Shadeboost shader. That's applied before post processing if I remember correctly.

RetroArch seems to be using some nice post processing shaderness, with multipass and all. Gotta take a look at it sometime. *is clueless about such things*

#EDIT: Shadeboost modification will require changes to the GUI and its settings though.
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
KrossX: I'd need to move them all (minus fxaa) to shadeboost, I have them outputting (pseudo passes) in a particular order, for them to output correctly.

When I'm back at my own system tomorrow, I'll try adding the shader (minus fxaa) to the shadeboost section, as a test to see how it works out. If it works out well, we can move from there and see what we can do with gui etc, I suppose.

I must get around to taking a look at the RetroArch stuff myself aswell.

tsunami2311: I didn't necessarily mean yourself. You're here fairly regularly, and report what you see etc. I meant the phantom downloaders of the test version.

Edit: What do ye use for editing dialogs etc for pcsx2, btw? VS's resource editor? I only have express atm, so no resource editor :'(
Hmm... then not a good idea. It would convolute Shadeboost too much, as it was supposed to be just a simple color correction shader. That's why a gamma and tone control seemed befitting.

I suggest to keep it simple for now, as this kind of thing would seem to require that pending proper implementation. Something like MPC-HC's shader thing as well, with the shader list and being able to apply them pre and/or post resizing. By then, even FXAA and Shadeboost would be just extra shaders on the list.

#EDIT: Something that could be done now...

I assume this shaders will, for the most part, stay the same once the user is happy with some settings. So, wouldn't it be better to save the compiled blob? Then just load that instead of recompiling.

Every shader that doesn't change could be stored on that cache (like Shadeboost). Would it help GSdx's overall startup time?
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
No, I didn't mean move them to Shadeboost permanently. As you mentioned that shadeboost happens to be compiled before the fxaa ps, It would be useful for testing how well it would work, if done that way.

Does GSdx not have a shader cache currently btw?
(12-21-2013, 10:20 PM)Asmodean Wrote: *snip*

First off, Azphaelumbra, daeva =D
Love the username! Awesome to have another Aion enthusiast on these boards. What server/class/level/alts do you have?

Absolutely love this change. I'll wait for a built-in GUI to be enabled for this before I mess around with it =D

Secondly, just noticed you are using the DD-MM-YYYY method.
Since the states use MM-DD-YYYY, it gets confusing if you're looking at 03-01-2014 and wondering how you went ahead to March 1st in the future.

My suggestion is to use the International Standard and a 3-letter month instead. So 03-Jan-2014 instead of 03-01-2014. This reduces confusion for *everyone* and makes things much easier to follow. Thanks!
(01-13-2014, 02:12 AM)darkwraith007 Wrote: Love the username! Awesome to have another Aion enthusiast on these boards. What server/class/level/alts do you have?

Id just like to point out that Asmodean is also a character from the Wheel of Time series, not just Aion Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Attached an updated fxaa ps below, in a .patch format, and the fx file itself. The archive also includes the glsl version for Gregory.

The hlsl version changes: updated to current version, changed the d3d9 code to be tidier, and changed the conditions for d3d9 - to only enable fxaa, without the other lighting effects etc. They don't seem to work well with GSdx9 atm.

Tested fine here. Sorts the slowass d3d9 compile speed as well, at least for me.

#EDIT: might be safer to just use the fx file. The patch doesn't look right to me. Tortoise Diff fail imo.

-------------------------------------
darkwraith007: Thanks for the suggestion, I'll do that in future. Btw, my username is from The Wheel of Time saga. The Aion guy is Asmodian apparently. Everyone always asks me the same thing : ) Edit: ninja'd by refraction >.<

Attached Files
.zip   GSdx_Fx.zip (Size: 44,69 KB / Downloads: 158)
Heh, totally missed the spelling on it. Of course the Daevas are from Hindu Mythology and that was awesome to read and learn about =D
So what do you prefer:
Having pcsx2fx external as "shader.fx", or keeping it internal and adding a GSdx dialog for configuration?
I myself can't really decide on one either Tongue2