DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 lags on good pc
(08-18-2012, 03:25 PM)miseru99 Wrote: Oh noooes, Recoder posted his usual stuff again. xD
Do NOT use frameskip, your laptop doesn't need it for full speed, and it does kill the animation smoothness.

Unless you're trying to play in 2 player mode which is twice as demanding(at least in hardware rendering, software works differently and not being soo limited;]) that laptop power is more than ok even for a slight upscalling(I wouldn't try anything above x2 through as some stages are more demanding than others as well;P, x2+FXAA looks cool enough anyway).

Unless you never changed your windows power profile(or trying to play on battery;]), there's other potential problem you can have, loads of people having HD7xxx series gpu's seem to have problems with driver not giving enough power to pcsx2. Your graphic card should have enough juice, soo it probably just doesn't give pcsx2 enough of it. I heard that creating a profile in catalyst for pcsx2 can help with it, through I dunno I have a bit older radeon and it works without any problems.

There's also one other thing that can cause a slowdown, your gpu has a similar limitations that my hd5670 does, and whenever I open "a few"(a few too much;P) tabs in web browser, including even something as light as pcsx2 forums/site and especially heavy stuff like youtube etc. my gpu get's trashed with all that and this game slows down alot. PCSX2 doesn't have an actuall full screen mode soo it shares gpu with all the stuff you have in the background, if you do have alot of things opened, turning them off should help you. And you have to reach full fps(50 for pal/60 for NTSC) to play normal/full speed and fix the lags.

Thanks, I checked in the Catalyst Center and I put "High performance" in the settings of Pcsx2 and it quite improved the speed. Now the game is playable (not 100% perfect, still a bit slow, the audio too).
Now I try to put in the Bios "Fixed" graphics, maybe it can help, I'm not sure if my pc is using the Amd or the Intel Graphics.

Sponsored links

(08-18-2012, 06:45 PM)cl3v3r Wrote: I'm here to read suggestions about configurations becaues no one has my computer -.-"
Do you think overclock is a normal operation? No one would overclock a new pc only for a game...

True.
But anyone here knows har kind of Pc you need to emulate a ps2 in good conditions.
Try to browse the forums a bit, you'll understand what i mean.
About the audio problem : set spu2-x to async instead of timestretch.
The sound wont be sync'ed with the game though...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(08-18-2012, 07:37 PM)jesalvein Wrote: True.
But anyone here knows har kind of Pc you need to emulate a ps2 in good conditions.
Try to browse the forums a bit, you'll understand what i mean.
About the audio problem : set spu2-x to async instead of timestretch.
The sound wont be sync'ed with the game though...

Thanks, with this audio is a lot better and it is syncronized with the game.
Can I ask a question? What version of the bios is better to use on pc?
Does new versions take more resources than older?
Bios version - doesn't matter at all speed wise, except the initial japanese 1.0 which isn't even officially supported, it's really not something to think much about, you stick to the one you dump and be happy it works;3, pcsx2 is region free as well.

Game version actually does - PAL is often easier to emulate than NTSC, and this game is a perfect example of such case, couse usually the game in pal is also slower(bad ports are common:C), but in BT3 the speed is exactly same with 10fps less(higher native res through, but that's controllable:]) making the pal version quite a bit easier to emulate, nearly 20% less demanding than ntsc one.

PCSX2 version - that can be divided on the main program and gs plugin(GSdx):
- typically the newer GSdx is, the more demanding it gets(not counting very old versions which were much slower to begin with;]), but that's mainly couse older ones doesn't render the graphics fully or do something improperly. The difference in this game between 0.9.8 GSdx and new one from 1.0.0 is pretty much none when it comes to speed through, and the new one has fixed graphics(still castrated of most postprocessing, but at least there are no holes in the character models like before;]),
- the program itself is usually faster on the new versions, counting new speedhack 1.0.0 is much better than older ones on any new multi-core cpu, but in this game actually the difference is quite huge from the gif transfer rewrite, soo even without using any speedhacks this game is around 30% less demanding for the cpu, making 1.0.0+ a much better choice.;]

Adding one to one, the winner for this game is surely the latest version. >.>
I'm playing today with 2 players (half screen, 2 joypads) and the games lags O.O
Why? D:
Why in 2 players lags and in one it doesn't lag? Sad
(08-27-2012, 10:44 PM)cl3v3r Wrote: I'm playing today with 2 players (half screen, 2 joypads) and the games lags O.O
Why? D:
Why in 2 players lags and in one it doesn't lag? Sad

because if you play with 2 players it needs double the resources quite simple really Tongue

because the envoirments etc needs to be rendered twice thus needing more powah.
The enviroment doesn't really matter for hardware mode, it's very light and actually in split screen each side is halved soo it matters even less.
The character models are the heavy stuff;3 or rather what GSdx does to render them. Similar to what gear/any big enemy/robot battles do in Xenosaga in Budokai Tenkaichi series is a default for each character model. It has something to do with how the GSdx is abusing DX in hardware mode, in software the difference between 1 and 2 player mode is much smaller, by my tests almost none actually, but quite heavy on the cpu to begin with;C.
(08-19-2012, 12:12 AM)miseru99 Wrote: Bios version - doesn't matter at all speed wise, except the initial japanese 1.0 which isn't even officially supported, it's really not something to think much about, you stick to the one you dump and be happy it works;3, pcsx2 is region free as well.

Since I own a US console and dumped the bios from there, I can disagree here, I couldn't run an original PS2 DVD of Tekken 5 NTSC-J. Dunno what went wrong, In the other hand my Tekken 5 NTSC-U DVD run just fine in PCSX2.
Could be discussed in another thread, then.
But i highly doubt it was a region problem.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I tried some hacks in .ini file of the gdx and it is going better, but now the graphics suck as hell, like an '90 years console.