DX12 Support in PCSX2
(01-18-2016, 11:13 PM)refraction Wrote: You realise Classic Shell was free and did the same thing right? Tongue

Yes i know but whats £2.50 for some extra customizing options  Biggrin
PC SPECS - MSI GTX 980 GAMING 4G, I7 4790K @ 4GHZ, 16GB RAM, WINDOWS 10 PRO 64BIT

GAME DOCK ICONS MADE BY ME - http://30011887.deviantart.com/gallery/

Sponsored links

Any specific reason why you people don't like the default start menu? I don't have Win10 yet, but from what I've seen, its start menu is awesome, and very customizable to whatever you want:

like the new start menu well atlest there is one now, but this all off topic now
(01-18-2016, 11:13 PM)refraction Wrote: You realise Classic Shell was free and did the same thing right? Tongue

Start10 is a bit more user friendly and comes from stardock, thus its pretty well advertise, so I can see how ppl might end going for it.

(01-19-2016, 03:34 AM)K.F Wrote: Any specific reason why you people don't like the default start menu? I don't have Win10 yet, but from what I've seen, its start menu is awesome, and very customizable to whatever you want:

Because it's just a resizable metro screen, nothing like the start menu up till windows 7.
(01-19-2016, 02:39 AM)JOHN30011887 Wrote: Yes i know but whats £2.50 for some extra customizing options  Biggrin

(01-19-2016, 10:14 AM)strike105x Wrote: Start10 is a bit more user friendly and comes from stardock, thus its pretty well advertise, so I can see how ppl might end going for it.

Maybe so, but Classic Shell gets it exactly the same as windows 7 with little effort, which is perfect for me, I loved that start menu, so Classic Shell does enough Smile And it's pretty much a 1 click setup to get it there.

(01-19-2016, 10:14 AM)strike105x Wrote: Because it's just a resizable metro screen, nothing like the start menu up till windows 7.

While this is partly true, it restores most start menu functionality, the inclusion of the quick options on the start button right click menu is very nice on win10. the only thing I don't like about it is the All Apps list which i hate for a couple of reasons.

1. Every letter is separated by a massive letter, I can do the alphabet, I don't need that crap, it's just a bulky waste of space.
2. You can't customize it directly, at all, the look the order, the contents, the entire thing is completely fixed and nothing can be removed without uninstalling the app (or diving in to the start menu folders under programdata/users). This is horrible for management of things, you can't even create a sub menu inside it to put all your games or utils or whatever.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(01-19-2016, 11:40 AM)refraction Wrote: Maybe so, but Classic Shell gets it exactly the same as windows 7 with little effort, which is perfect for me, I loved that start menu, so Classic Shell does enough Smile And it's pretty much a 1 click setup to get it there.
I'm loving classic shell as well, but for different reasons, i love the customization and that i can get a fresher classic startmenu XD
Any update on when DX12 or Vulkan will start to get worked on for PCSX2?
CPU: Intel i5-8400 2.8 GHz (4.0 GHz Turbo)
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 Gaming OC (6 GB)
RAM: Ripjaws V Series, 2x8 GB DDR4 (2666 MHz)
Motherboard: GIGABYTE B360M D3H
Power supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 550 W
Probably not going to happen any time soon (it's not really of benefit or priority) but if it does happen it will probably be Vulkan, unless gabest magically reappears.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(03-24-2016, 01:23 PM)refraction Wrote: Probably not going to happen any time soon (it's not really of benefit or priority) but if it does happen it will probably be Vulkan, unless gabest magically reappears.

If it benefits even a little why not do it? We can't stay on DX11 forever. Dolphin has already started work on the DX12 backend and it definitely helps.
CPU: Intel i5-8400 2.8 GHz (4.0 GHz Turbo)
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 Gaming OC (6 GB)
RAM: Ripjaws V Series, 2x8 GB DDR4 (2666 MHz)
Motherboard: GIGABYTE B360M D3H
Power supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 550 W
(03-24-2016, 09:15 PM)NoleNation Wrote: If it benefits even a little why not do it? We can't stay on DX11 forever. Dolphin has already started work on the DX12 backend and it definitely helps.

why not people still use dx9...

Just cause it help dolphin dont mean it will do the same for pcsx2 either