[Experimental] Winsock based DEV9 plugin (Now with HDD Support)
Trying to run this in a wine wrapper on macOS Mojave, (PROM, posted here).  PCSX2 crashed in the plugin selection/config screen on e "enumerating available plugins..."  Aside from that, things seem to be working.  I suspect its a dependency issue.

Sponsored links

(07-16-2019, 03:59 AM)mentaluproar Wrote: Trying to run this in a wine wrapper on macOS Mojave, (PROM, posted here).  PCSX2 crashed in the plugin selection/config screen on e "enumerating available plugins..."  Aside from that, things seem to be working.  I suspect its a dependency issue.
How did it "crash"? DLL missing ? Symbol missing ?
PCSX2 shouldn't crash on failure to load DLL (it would output "Some kinda plugin failure" in the log)
(07-16-2019, 05:26 AM)uyjulian Wrote: How did it "crash"? DLL missing ? Symbol missing ?
PCSX2 shouldn't crash on failure to load DLL (it would output "Some kinda plugin failure" in the log)
nothing in the log.  Looks like this: https://imgur.com/a/eisWzPl
Wine isn't officially supported, although i have added fixes for wine support in the past

You will probably need to install the .net framework (4.5 or newer) to use the plugin as I think wine mono is missing the required features for the plugin
v0.8.6

Fix crash introduced in v0.8.5 which causes crashes with UDP ports for LAN games
Fix crash associated with newer versions of mono (Linux)
Fix crash associated with unloading/reloading the plugin
(11-19-2015, 08:24 PM)Ge-Force Wrote: Based on PCSX2's Dev9 plugin.

This plugin will use sockets instead of Tap or WinPcap, which will hopefully eliminate most configuration issues most users face when setting up.

Recommended PCSX2 version is 1.4.0 or newer.

To connect using this plugin;
   Copy the plugin file into the plugin directory in PCSX2
   Launch PCSX2, Click Config>Plugins/BIOS Selector, on the window that appears click "Plugins"
   Click the dropdown box next to DEV9 and select "CLR DEV9 Test", then click apply.
   Click Ok on the plugin selection window.
   Set "Auto" to IP/DNS/Gateway Settings in the PS2 Netconfig menus.

This plugin may be unstable, use at your own risk.

Due to the nature of the way this plugin works, hosting LAN/local games may work.

Downloads & instructions for Linux can be found here https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Experime...#pid590834

Edit:
 (...)
v0.8.6
Fix crash introduced in v0.8.5 which causes crashes with UDP ports for LAN game, fix crash associated with newer versions of mono (Linux), fix crash associated with unloading/reloading the plugin

Hello, friends, I am trying to configure my "PCSX2" to play "Resident Evil Outreak Online" by the fans some fans resurrected a few years ago ("http://obsrv.org/index.php?sid=c2a3d1b8a0a09ce64d14cd3cbe391538").
So, I downloaded the latest updated version here (0.8.6 coloring) and the emulator just doesn't recognize it. It says that the plugin "DEV9" failed to load.
I post the screen print, but as I am Brazilian, the message reads as follows:[Image: n8FHBJ.jpg][Image: NSTzwf.jpg][Image: 5dUKVe.jpg]
"The selected plugin DEV9 failed to load.

Reason: The plugin reports that either its hardware / drivers are supported.
  [emulator / plugin folder path]

All plugins must have valid selection for PCSX2 to run. If you cannot get a valid selection because of missing plugins or an incomplete installation of PCSX2, then press Cancel to close the Settings panel."

I put the screen print which is my Pc's internet connection hardware, which I selected when configuring the plugin.[Image: B7sTIE.jpg]

I ask your help to enjoy this wonder that is the Residnet Evil Outbreak brought back from the ashes by these wonderful fans

Attached Files
.jpg   erro play2B.jpg (Size: 269,52 KB / Downloads: 217)
.jpg   erro play2c.jpg (Size: 261,26 KB / Downloads: 332)
.jpg   erro play2a.jpg (Size: 305,87 KB / Downloads: 275)
.jpg   erro play2.jpg (Size: 340,92 KB / Downloads: 217)
(08-25-2019, 08:38 PM)replitealc Wrote: Hello, friends, I am trying to configure my "PCSX2" to play "Resident Evil Outreak Online" by the fans some fans resurrected a few years ago ("http://obsrv.org/index.php?sid=c2a3d1b8a0a09ce64d14cd3cbe391538").
So, I downloaded the latest updated version here (0.8.6 coloring) and the emulator just doesn't recognize it. It says that the plugin "DEV9" failed to load.
I post the screen print, but as I am Brazilian, the message reads as follows:
"The selected plugin DEV9 failed to load.

Reason: The plugin reports that either its hardware / drivers are supported.
  [emulator / plugin folder path]

All plugins must have valid selection for PCSX2 to run. If you cannot get a valid selection because of missing plugins or an incomplete installation of PCSX2, then press Cancel to close the Settings panel."

I put the screen print which is my Pc's internet connection hardware, which I selected when configuring the plugin.

I ask your help to enjoy this wonder that is the Residnet Evil Outbreak brought back from the ashes by these wonderful fans

That version of pcsx2 is out of date. You should be using the current version or a git build.
(08-26-2019, 05:55 AM)1UP Wrote: That version of pcsx2 is out of date. You should be using the current version or a git build.

Were i download the mews version? Here in tje site?
And, need i to execute as ADM to active correctly the plugin? Because in site http://obsrv.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4099 from RE Outbreak Server fan, they tell to do it! And, meed some outjers configurations i need to make, like install Microsoft NE.FrameTWORK 4.0, right?

Thaks for attenttion
we can't see that topic you linked since it needs registration.
no idea what they advised you to do...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
So, i get fixed this error!
Now, outher question: Have something plugin DEV9, like this, more actual, but for LINUX/UBUNTU version for PCSX2? Because, in it when i try connect to server will not do! I check the configuration of plugin DEV9, and the emulator give a message like the default plugin in windows version "This option is blank"! In outher words, haven't really DEV9 plugin in the Linux/Ubuntu versions!