Final fantasy X
Well they're here. FXAA can be turned on by pressing page up. It sometimes gives similar results to x4 res, but at times it also can be a bit blurry. By default svn builds are in portable mode soo will not mess your current settings.

Sponsored links

it never gives results similar to x4 res, because its not a scaling method.
Well, while it doesn't increase the resolution of the game, I feel that it more mimics the results of playing on a CRT TV when played at full screen on native; which is why I like it.
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
Hmm maybe some of the older rvision is beter for the final fantasy X what do you think?what is best and fastest revision for Final X? and do you think when i buy beter grafic card can i get beter preformence in final fantasy X i wanted overclock my procesor this model can get max 3,33 Ghz but my ***** fujitsu mb dont suport overclocking so i dont knowSad thx for all help.

Ps: if someone here with lower clock pc who can keep stabile fps help pls post here your config
FFX doesn't really need faster CPU, trully your c2d is fine for this game, I could play it full speed at lower clocled amd cpu soo I'm pretty sure of what I'm saying, understand wasago, that your problem is slow GPU. OC cpu will not help you in FFX speed. You could try older GSdx, which could potentially give a bit of speed(and eventually bring some glitches/bugs), but those effects like Demi spell and other mentioned, will still be slower than the rest of the game.
since I guess most of the demanding effects are based on GS framebuffers
here is a question:

does the slowdown scales in dependence from lower to higher resolution?
can anybody confirm that?

if so. it's quite bad then cause it would need the same amount of rasterizing power than the ps2. and that's only for native resolution. it would muliply the demand the higher the output resolution is. making it really hard to speed up. Laugh
Well you could check that yourself, not really sure if I understand the question, but generally the higher scalling the higher GPU use, if it's reaching it's limits GS% can actually get's lower awaiting for GPU to do it's job, but I don't think increasing scalling itself affects GS% in any other way, and surely not in same scale. But it does affect GPU in around same scale, soo x4 native is around 4 times harder for your GPU than native.
(08-14-2011, 03:15 AM)miseru99 Wrote: Well you could check that yourself, not really sure if I understand the question, but generally the higher scalling the higher GPU use, if it's reaching it's limits GS% can actually get's lower awaiting for GPU to do it's job, but I don't think increasing scalling itself affects GS% in any other way, and surely not in same scale. But it does affect GPU in around same scale, soo x4 native is around 4 times harder for your GPU than native.

no. you didn't get the question. this' more alil off the scope to discuss that here... so I won't.

maybe short. a lil bit of theory. no accurate math but it should explain that.

what I think to know is that this is a effect that reads the actual rendering or does kind of framebuffer copies to get the data. which is where the ps2 has 48GB/s to do so and you'd need a graphics card with atleast 48GB/s memory bandwidth to achieve the same result in emulated native resolution. so if scaling to 3X and doing it the same way - which gsdx obviously does and it's got more to do than that - you'd need a graphics card with a theoretical memory bandwidth of 144 GB/s to get that effect running fluid at the game FPS at high resolution.

but well....... theory. only explaining one of a thousand "problems". Wink
Well I don't have technical knowledge of that, but by simple compare those 48GB/s to my average gpu(hd5670) with just 64GB/s I can still play most games in x3 easily in full speed. Through ofc it's possible most of those games I have don't use even half of those 48GB/s in the first place. But I also saw somebody running game which I can run at max on x3, maybe x4 with a slight slowdown on x2 scale on HD 4600 which has just 16GB/s. Soo I wouldn't say that matters soo much, or at least not scale in such way.
(08-14-2011, 04:40 AM)miseru99 Wrote: Well I don't have technical knowledge of that, but by simple compare those 48GB/s to my average gpu(hd5670) with just 64GB/s I can still play most games in x3 easily in full speed. Through ofc it's possible most of those games I have don't use even half of those 48GB/s in the first place. But I also saw somebody running game which I can run at max on x3, maybe x4 with a slight slowdown on x2 scale on HD 4600 which has just 16GB/s. Soo I wouldn't say that matters soo much, or at least not scale in such way.

ok. I understand that. now for the cause of testing my calculating theory. can you run FFX demi calls or fire fx at full game fps in native resolution? cause your GPU with it's 64GB/s seems to be a valid candidate for testing that only one side effect. causing slowdowns. Wink

which is the matter in the scope of this thread.