GSdx 1.0
It appears the issue was caused by the EE slider speedhack. It is still a regression though, because it didn't happen before that commit.

I noticed another issue though. This is an image of the in-game menu:
[attachment=61035]

This is the same menu after pausing and resuming the emulator:
[attachment=61036]

Sponsored links

Hum, still the code feels right. The commit add this condition:
Quote:(context->ZBUF.ZMSK && m_context->TEST.ZTST == ZTST_ALWAYS && !m_context->TEST.DATE)
If zmsk is 1, all depth write are masked. If ztst is always, it means always pass. So the depth buffer is useless. Actually I'm pretty sure we can disable it further (based on alpha test and ZTE).

Could you try this patch ? Maybe ATE impact strangely the code.
Code:
diff --git a/plugins/GSdx/GSRendererHW.cpp b/plugins/GSdx/GSRendererHW.cpp
index db3d049..b5b5c03 100644
--- a/plugins/GSdx/GSRendererHW.cpp
+++ b/plugins/GSdx/GSRendererHW.cpp
@@ -414,7 +414,7 @@ void GSRendererHW::Draw()
    const bool no_rt = (context->ALPHA.IsCd() && PRIM->ABE && (context->FRAME.PSM == 1));
    const bool no_ds = !no_rt && (
            // Depth is always pass (no read) and write are discarded (tekken 5).  (Note: DATE is currently implemented with a stencil buffer)
-           (context->ZBUF.ZMSK && m_context->TEST.ZTST == ZTST_ALWAYS && !m_context->TEST.DATE) ||
+           (context->ZBUF.ZMSK && m_context->TEST.ZTST == ZTST_ALWAYS && !m_context->TEST.DATE && !m_context->TEST.ATE) ||
            // Depth will be written through the RT
            (context->FRAME.FBP == context->ZBUF.ZBP && !PRIM->TME && !context->ZBUF.ZMSK && !context->FRAME.FBMSK && context->TEST.ZTE)
            );
That was it, your patch fixes the cutscene issue. Smile
OoO, What the heck !

I reached a new GSdx master level. I'm now at "I don't get it, but random patch seem to fix issue" level...

Honestly it feels purely luck like changing the behavior on some draw call that make it good.
You have become voodoo high priest Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I didn't know GSdx supported 3Dfx cards. Ohmy
(09-22-2016, 08:48 PM)FlatOut Wrote: I didn't know GSdx supported 3Dfx cards. Ohmy

that would be amazingĀ  considering I dont think there even dx9 cards XD
(09-23-2016, 02:52 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: that would be amazingĀ  considering I dont think there even dx9 cards XD

lol they are like DX5 or DX7 or something Tongue

(09-22-2016, 06:15 PM)FlatOut Wrote: That was it, your patch fixes the cutscene issue. Smile
@FlatOut, I remember ssakash reported me a similar issue with this commit (could be same game). Anyway, I really want to understand what is going on ! I didn't try the fix on your gs dump. Did you try it ? Would be able to dump the various state to understand why going on?

(09-22-2016, 08:42 PM)refraction Wrote: You have become voodoo high priest Tongue

Oh yes Smile

(09-23-2016, 10:32 AM)refraction Wrote: lol they are like DX5 or DX7 or something Tongue

I think it was a proprietary API (glide?)
(09-23-2016, 01:38 PM)gregory Wrote: I think it was a proprietary API (glide?)

Yes they had Glide for proprietary 3DFX stuff, but the later cards (banshee i think?) did DX as well so you didn't have to use it as an addon card.