GSdx 1.0
(08-12-2015, 08:30 AM)gregory Wrote: @nintendo85
Battle transition is a texture cache issue. It is quite complex so I won't do it soon.

Ah, I wondered what that was using, didn't know it was that...bad....damn, I wouldn't have asked, heck, I shouldn't have even thought about doing that.... My apologies. 
Sad I guess that it's something that won't be fixed for a long time, if ever. C'est la vie -_-
Custom Desktop
CPU: Haswell Core i7 4770 3.40 GHz (3.90 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
CPU Instructions: MMX, SSE1, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1,
SSE4.2, EIST, iAMT2, Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)  
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
HDD: 3 x 1 TB Western Digital HDD
Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB GDDR5
Audio: Realtek 5.1 HD Audio

Sponsored links

Very cool! Very cool! Build 1.3.1-946 opengl mode gives a good image and performance in
Urban Chaos Riot Response Smile
Best mode - OGL + NoCRC + skipdraw 1
It was light pink bloom on textures, but it's a lot better than dx mode
Left to Right: Software Mode -> OGL -> Dx
[Image: 98666269-F4C3-B1A6-FCC4-561C72460B29.jpg][Image: 45937501-4411-F10B-5091-DFEB6C84DB26.jpg][Image: 66406AF2-ED31-E641-7FA7-4A098FCAF914.jpg]

Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Smile
Notice the top left corner. I'm sure it is the real color. The issue is related to the texture cache. So not soon.
(08-12-2015, 12:06 PM)gregory Wrote: Notice the top left corner. I'm sure it is the real color. The issue is related to the texture cache. So not soon.

Yes, I agree, but it does not hurt the eyes as before Biggrin
(08-12-2015, 08:30 AM)gregory Wrote: @iMineLink
Interesting dump. The game does a lots of draw calls. Most of the overhead is in the driver:
translation without the driver the game will be 3 times faster.
Can you see which driver routines are causing the major part of the overhead? It's really strange because the slowness it's undependent from the number of elements at the screen, it really seems like the enemy boss, Anubis, is drawn too many times to achieve those transarency and glowing effects.

EDIT: Using skipdraw 1-10 does not help in any way, it only breaks all the laser effects.
(08-12-2015, 04:51 PM)iMineLink Wrote: Can you see which driver routines are causing the major part of the overhead?

Sure, I can directly check the driver source code Tongue2 But each times I try, I just wake up Wink

I didn't check the gl calls but it seems the function that set the Render Target is often called. And it is likely worse with the HW depth support. Maybe they just ping/pong between 2 textures/RT. Anyway, changing render target is costly because driver need to validate some data and (potentially) flush some data. Unfortunately, I don't know what would be efficient (in case an efficient method exists).
Hi guys I'm new to PCSX2 so please bear with me. I was wondering why the directx11 side of GSDX isn't receiving as many features or focus as say opengl? Is the directx11 side of it dated? If so, then will having the new directx12 from windows 10 give the developers more room to work with?
CPU: Intel i5-8400 2.8 GHz (4.0 GHz Turbo)
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 Gaming OC (6 GB)
RAM: Ripjaws V Series, 2x8 GB DDR4 (2666 MHz)
Motherboard: GIGABYTE B360M D3H
Power supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 550 W
But why do you want to use Dx?

GSdx doesn't even use DX11 feature. And latest openGL is ahead of DX. Actually maybe DX12.1 (or .2) will close the gap. However most of the openGL improvement could have been implemented on DX9 hardware.
Thanks for the updated PPA Gregory. Smile
Well I would love to use OpenGl but I get an error when I try to play a game in openGL (Hardware mode). It always says that it failed to open and that I may not have enough resources or the correct drivers. It always works at a constant 60fps when I put gsdx in directx11(hardware mode) so it can't be my resources. I also updated to windows 10 and my pc info says that my driver versions are OpenGl: 4.3, OpenCL:1.2, Shader Version: 5.0 and my DirectX runtime version is at 12.0 so I have no Idea what it could be.
CPU: Intel i5-8400 2.8 GHz (4.0 GHz Turbo)
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 Gaming OC (6 GB)
RAM: Ripjaws V Series, 2x8 GB DDR4 (2666 MHz)
Motherboard: GIGABYTE B360M D3H
Power supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 550 W