GSdx
Well known it's an issue with high internal res rama is working on a fix or trying to at least.

Sponsored links

(07-09-2009, 09:52 PM)zero29 Wrote: but what's up with the rest of the game? the fps drop during the shiva summoning happens regardless of the "allow 8-bit textures" setting, any idea why?

4000+ drawing calls per frame, xenosaga has a similar problem. Simply the overhead of state changes is slowing it.
(07-10-2009, 12:53 AM)Gabest Wrote:
(07-09-2009, 09:52 PM)zero29 Wrote: but what's up with the rest of the game? the fps drop during the shiva summoning happens regardless of the "allow 8-bit textures" setting, any idea why?

4000+ drawing calls per frame, xenosaga has a similar problem. Simply the overhead of state changes is slowing it.

yeah, i know that it's a complex scene, otherwise it wouldn't be the only scene dropping below 60fps at all Wink but what made the earlier r1340 different/better to explain this huge difference to the newer r1479? i'd really like to know if there's a problem between ffx and later gsdx revs, which could be fixed, or if i have to live with it and continue to use the r1340 for ffx.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
The issue with state changes are very inexpensive on the PS2 GPU but not so on any modern GPU so it's an issue that will never really go away just masked with brute force. Unless state changes become less expensive as they go more towards a GPGPU core.
It does that while I play "Shadow Hearts" mainly during fire attacks, or if there is a lot of characters on the screen (like in Shanghai) it will slow down a bit but nothing major. Other than that GSdx plugin and PCSX2 are awesome together. I thank you very much for all the time and effort you guys put into this.

In case people want to know my set up here it is, graphics anyways. (For Shadow Hearts)

First PC (laptop) - Windows 7 64-bit Intel Core2Duo T6400 @ 2.00GHz, 4 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GS 512MB DDR2

GSdx 1476 SSE41 0.1.15
Renderer - Direct3D 10 (software) - Hardware puts lines into the game but during major graphical scenes like in SH the opening scene on the train hardware is the best.
Interlacing - Weave bff (sawtooth) seems to work the best no interlacing doesn't look too good.
AR - 16x9 my personal pick I like wide screen Wink
SW rend - 1 if I even change this to 2 it screws everything up so I leave it be.
Vsync, Edge, and blur effect all checked
(07-10-2009, 01:15 AM)zero29 Wrote: yeah, i know that it's a complex scene, otherwise it wouldn't be the only scene dropping below 60fps at all Wink but what made the earlier r1340 different/better to explain this huge difference to the newer r1479? i'd really like to know if there's a problem between ffx and later gsdx revs, which could be fixed, or if i have to live with it and continue to use the r1340 for ffx.

Checked with r1354 and it only does about 2000 at the peek in the same shiva summoning scene, I'll investigate it.

update: ok, I forgot it was switched to the sw renderer, but still the old build is about 5 fps faster with dx10 (35 vs 40).

I can see a few fps loss between 1406 and 1426, just can't find what is causing it, only the DATE effect was changed which ffx does not use there.
Hi, first post on the board so forgive me if its not a proper report.

I've notice that there is a lack of 'blur smoothing' in the beta r1479 build compared to r890 released with 0.9.6 Pcsx2. I have screenshots of Dragon Quest 8 to show off what I am referring to but I also noticed the same difference in plugins in Final Fantasy X. Both plugins used are SSSE3 versions.

[r1479 DQ8 screenshot] [config]
[r890 DQ8 screenshot] [config]

The FPS boost in r1479 over the older r890 in DQ8 is very nice and helps smooth out certain rough spots in the game. But the lack of blurring makes reading text hard on the eyes with all the "artifacts" that are easier to see in r1479.
Just make sure enable texture filtering checkbox in GSdx isn't greyed.
(07-10-2009, 09:39 AM)Klutz1133 Wrote: Just make sure enable texture filtering checkbox in GSdx isn't greyed.

Ah, thanks didn't know it being greyed out meant a third option. That will teach me to read the Guide a bit more carefully. However, there is still text artifacts even when texture filtering is checked and ungrayed so my assumption that texture filtering in r890 was helping in hiding it seems to be false.
Thank you gabest you solve my problem (about green lines on one piece grand battle 1) you are such a genius,i think its that new option the 8 bit one,but im still having this error: hwRead16 from 0x10003c30,but the game runs fine now ony a bit laggy beacuse of this errors