GSdx
Thanks for the reply. That's good to hear.

Sponsored links

This isn't really something related to PCSX2 per say, but more of a curiosity of mine.

I've been trying to solve the GT4 480p "Low Gamma" problem by myself. I've found a hack of the GSdx plugin that has brightness controls, ironically, it work in every game I've tested, but not on GT4 480p mode... So, my next step was to focus on a D3D hook/injector.

I'm obviously not searching here for support on this, but I'm curious about something.
No D3D Injector works in GSdx if I'm running it in "Direct3D hardware mode", they don't show up and don't respond to my tests. But If I run the plugin in SDL Software mode, they seen to work pretty well. So I'm curious to why this happens, does SDL output into a Direct3D surface? Anyway, just a curiosity.

Thanks for the great work gabest.
I have question I never put much thought in to but texture filtering has 3 setting from what I see
1. check in the box (on?)
2. solid box with in the box (not sure what this means)
3. Empty box (off?)

also does 8 bit texture on mean lower quality or higher?
Allow 8 bit textures only has 2 states. Maybe you mean texture filtering? If so, read the configuration guide
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(12-13-2011, 01:00 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: also does 8 bit texture on mean lower quality or higher?

it affects video memory use and thus performance by converting 8bit textures to 8bit in a shader instead of storing them as 32bit in video memory.
so no really diffrence in quality of the picture then
That option was relevant with dx9-level cards, less texture data to be uploaded (only agp slot cards then), but a slower pixer shader code. If your gpu had more processing units than the average card, it proved to be usefull.
Can you fix the lines that appear in Okami when you enter painting mode? The colour is correct in that it turns brownish but horizontal lines appear everywhere and it's hard to make out what's being rendered on screen in certain angles (SW mode only).
(12-13-2011, 01:59 PM)Gabest Wrote: That option was relevant with dx9-level cards, less texture data to be uploaded (only agp slot cards then), but a slower pixer shader code. If your gpu had more processing units than the average card, it proved to be usefull.

its still nice and relevant now in some games Smile
(12-13-2011, 01:59 PM)Gabest Wrote: That option was relevant with dx9-level cards, less texture data to be uploaded (only agp slot cards then), but a slower pixer shader code. If your gpu had more processing units than the average card, it proved to be usefull.

well i only ask cause turning it off adds a bit more to the memory used, but i dont see no difference pq wise. in this day and age does the setting really matter for DX10/11 cards