GSdx
what about gsdx sse4.2 plugin?
Intel i7 4790k / 32gb Ddr3 1600Mhz / GTX 1080 /Wind 10 64bit

Sponsored links

4.2 serves as no benefit to GSDX
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

refraction, In your opinion. Negligible speed increases aside, do you think there would be any accuracy reasons/improvements from force disabling the use of SSE in GSdx?
I doubt it highly, but it's not as easy as disabling a flag, it has hundreds and hundreds of lines of hand written assembly making use of it. But disabling it would probably bring no accuracy increases no. The issues lie within the design of the texture cache and incompatibilities with directx<->GS Synthesiser translation, or more specifically, the lack of directx's ability to do certain things.

I suspect however now we have directx 11 and full pipeline access, certain features could be manually emulated to work, how quick and how easy they'd be to code i do not know.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I can answer it: Nope, SSE levels will (should) only affect speed and only slightly so. It depends on the scene.
Don't get me wrong here btw, I'm not complaining about GSdx's accuracy. I'm only curious. I suppose, I thought as much. Thanks for the answers fellas : )
I tried a large amount of random stuff like that, Asmodean.
The result of that is the GSdx you currently get: Still not working with some games
but hacked together enough so it works with most Smile
There's a few real bugs in it yet that could be fixed but the big problem with the texture
cache and texture invalidation can only be solved by rewriting it from scratch and running
it on GPUs that don't exist..
That does mean that games like, say, MGS3 are never gonna be playable with full postprocessing? Bummer. I come here often to see if some of the games with postprocessing not fully working with GDSX have already been fixed. This is actually the only issue I've got with PCSX2. I know it doesn't bother most people, actually, but it would be great to be able to play all the old PS2 classics with 1:1 emulation and higher resolutions. I'm sure you're doing an awesome job though! Not complaining.

EDIT: Hello everyone, btw. Just registered though I am an ocassional lurker.
I can't seem to enable DX11 on my HD5500, yet GPUZ says I have DX11. Only DX9 shows up.

Is there a way to force it to use DX11?
CPU: i5 3570k @ 4.2 | RAM: 8GB DDR3 | GPU: 1GB Radeon HD5550 @ Stock
Running: 1.1.0.5764
Does anyone have a technical explanation as to why certain games look crisp at 6x resolution and some still look blurry?

Here's DOA2 at 6x vs Tekken 5 at 6x

I've tried various interlacing modes but that's the sharpest I can get Tekken to look.

Some of the blurriest games are Fatal Frame 1 and The Bouncer, which I don't have available now to show