GSdx
(01-14-2014, 10:07 PM)jonaand Wrote: but another peopole fix it in hardware mode with a new gsdx plugin

Who ?
Which gsdx plugin ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go

Sponsored links

Small patch to fix the alignment of the FXAA GSdx checkboxes. Just because it was bloody annoying me xD
Edit: this change is included in the current post processing updates patch here

Attached Files
.zip   GSdx.rc.zip (Size: 532 bytes / Downloads: 125)
Unless I'm going mental. I think I've gotten Anisotropic filtering working on GSdx. Pics below - look at the ground as it goes off into the distance in both screens. Edit: whoops, sorry about the sizes (6mb each). didn't notice they stayed so large after converting them to png.

Linear/Point Filtering
Anisotropic Filtering
(01-16-2014, 05:48 PM)Asmodean Wrote: Unless I'm going mental. I think I've gotten Anisotropic filtering working on GSdx. Pics below - look at the ground as it goes off into the distance in both screens. Edit: whoops, sorry about the sizes (6mb each). didn't notice they stayed so large after converting them to png.

Linear/Point Filter
Anisotropic Filtering
Wow, that's good. All these years I have been thinking "Mmm, textures don't look blurry at a distance, so it doesn't look exactly like AF is off, but that shimmering is suspicious". I definitely want that feature, Asmodean. Thanks for your effort.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-F Gaming WiFi
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz CL30 DDR5
Monitor: Asus PG278QR
Woooo Ansiotropic! \o/
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I'm still testing it. So far it's working fine in the last 5 games tested anyway. Usually, when I mess with filtering Arc Twilight of the Spirits always shows if I crapped up somewhere lol. So far, so good.
ehh? are the screenshots flipped? the sharp one looks like AF - if one does it specific technically defined and correct. what you obviously did is fake a mip map sampling filter aka called trilinear. and that's more of a AA term then AF. but...

it looks good and perhaps smoothes the picture. Wink
Every post from you seems to be complaining about something lol, and every time, its random stuff that makes no sense. You may need a plug for your a-hole to stop those words from escaping imo Smile
it's not complaining. wtf. just stating something. based on the look. and what i KNOW about how stuff looks. what you did is not AF. do you know what AF does and it looks like before and after? come on. you false advertising.

this is a mip map fake filter. i achieve the same look when i set the "d3d_minification" filter to linear instead of point sampling with an actual mipmap. what you did is fake it, cause pcsx2 doesn't support mipmaps. i can't even tell if it's trilinear cause one sees that non-trilinear edge mostly in movement.

to say is that it's a nice alternative for the missing mip map feature if you make it work good. Wink
filtering has nothing to do with mipmapping, that is texture replacement. So games which make use of mipmapping will still look wrong.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]