GSdx
(05-10-2015, 11:19 PM)mirh Wrote: Basically every Namco game I have is fixed with this. From Tekken 5 to ace combat games.

I thought it was the alignment hack that fixed Namco games?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

(05-10-2015, 11:19 PM)mirh Wrote: According to mesa release notes it should be available starting from nvidia dx10 class hardware, and AMD dx9.
Except that Mesa doesn't limit the driver to sell more GPU Wink Actually I'm nearly sure it could work on Nvidia DX9.

Honestly this extension (mostly) allows the application to invalidate the cache. The driver already does that if the GPU has texture cache. (And if the GPU doesn't have cache, it is even better because you don't need ton invalidate the content between draw calls...)

I don't expect all PCSX2 users to switch on Linux with the Mesa driver Tongue2 Therefore I'm afraid that 20% of GPU won't be compatible.
(05-11-2015, 02:17 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: I thought it was the alignment hack that fixed Namco games?
Oh.. yes.
Still, at least in ace combat round offset hack also helps at solving other issues caused by alignment hack.
Don't know if the alpha UI problem is specific to that or it's generalized.
How much difference is there between the AVX2 plugin versus the AVX one? I thought I remembered reading it wasn't very big, but I can't find the thread.

Also, is there anyway to use 3D Vision with it? The Nvidia background program doesn't recognize PCSX2.
Use AVX2 if your CPU supports it: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Comparing...1-AVX-AVX2

And currently no way to use Nvidia 3d vision AFAIK. Actually, send a PM to http://forums.pcsx2.net/User-masterotaku as he plays a lot of games in 3d like that and he may know. Mention I said to do that so he doesn't think you are some random guy PMing him lol

Also IZ3D works for some people with PCSX2(it does for me) and depending on your set up it could be useful.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
The AVX2 version of GSdx is not that much faster than AVX, you are correct. But if your CPU supports it, use it. If memory serves, it's pretty hard to test since in order to see the difference you need to test a certain part of the game that you know is benefiting from the AVX2 instructions. So I can't really give you any hard numbers, sorry.

BTW you need Exclusive Fullscreen for the 3D Vision program to work, which PCSX2 doesn't have.

EDIT: Got ninja'ed by Blyss Sarania XD
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU
(05-14-2015, 06:28 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Actually, send a PM to http://forums.pcsx2.net/User-masterotaku as he plays a lot of games in 3d like that and he may know. Mention I said to do that so he doesn't think you are some random guy PMing him lol

Who summoned me here? Tongue

No, I didn't find a way to use 3D Vision. Also, the IZ3D driver makes PCSX2 crash for me. I tried the old r-1888 build with DX9 (which uses exclusive fullscreen) and it triggered 3D Vision, but each eye was receiving the same image, so it didn't work.

I hope someday we can have 3D Vision support in PCSX2, because it adds a big replay value to the games and it looks awesome. About 3D in other emulators, Dolphin is in 1st place for me, and PPSSPP in 2nd (because it's unofficial, so it doesn't have convergence settings per game, etc).
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-F Gaming WiFi
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz CL30 DDR5
Monitor: Asus PG278QR
IZ3D also works with PPSSPP (DX9 backend) and you have separation/convergence settings of course.

As for it making PCSX2 crash, IDK. The first time I mentioned it worked for me someone asked me about it and we could never get it to work for him.
favor: could anyone provide screenshots of two different games where round sprite hack helps ?

you need a total of 4 screenshots, Game 1 should have a screenshot of a scene with the hack disabled (showcasing the issue) and with the hack enabled (fixing the issue) and do the same thing for Game 2. please provide the 4 screenshots at this thread. If anyone has even more time, do the same thing for the align sprite hack.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
@dogen,

Could you test retest DQ8/SotC texture correctness with the option "ogl_texture_storage = 1"?