GSdx
I haven't tried it in any other snowblind games, However Champions of Norrath seems to halfway switch to software mode, textures will become low-res, the game will seriously chug, but the models are unchanged.
This only seems to happen in cave areas when there is deep hole in the ground, usually there are torches as well.

I'll try and take GS snap. About how long would you need?

Sorry this isn't really a proper bug report, But it's sorta on topic.
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64

Sponsored links

(06-06-2015, 08:59 AM)gregory Wrote: The crash could be a memory issue. Try in native mode.

Actually it only crashes when I select native resolution. When I select 2x or 3x the game runs normally.
Also when I select "custom resolution" and manually input the native res (640 x 448), the game runs normally but the FMVs only show a black screen (with audio).
No dump, because I need to check the memory issue first. If you have big a slow down, I think it is because of texture trashing, hard to fix.
(06-06-2015, 08:59 AM)gregory Wrote: @tsunami2311,
Is the shader still working on Dx?

Great.

Ok I did my test again with latest build (c3dc518), Shader dont work in DX11 or OpenGL with the modified GSDX.FX to get the changesl i click the link for the pull>file change>view>raw>file>save as>gsdx.fx and overrided the gsdx.fx in shader folder. long as this is the correct way to get the change file, the change break shader in DX11 and dont fix it in opengl, again all my tests are done with 350.12 nvidia drivers
(06-06-2015, 10:22 AM)hellbringer616 Wrote: I haven't tried it in any other snowblind games, However Champions of Norrath seems to halfway switch to software mode, textures will become low-res, the game will seriously chug, but the models are unchanged.
This only seems to happen in cave areas when there is deep hole in the ground, usually there are torches as well.

I'll try and take GS snap. About how long would you need?

Sorry this isn't really a proper bug report, But it's sorta on topic.

Actually that is the game switching from field to frame interlace. and it happens a lot with the Snowblind engine games. IT helps by turning off 16:9 and zooming in all the way with the right stick in game to help minimize the amount of screen real estate that is rendered. This is on an i5 35070k oc at 4ghz. The snowblind engine games are just really hard hitting.

This was with D3D11 software mode becuase of the half screen issue in hardware mode, unless the half screen issue is fixed in OpenGL hardware?
I fixed half screen with both Dx/GL hw renderer.However A part of the fix is not yet integrated in master.

Thanks for the shaders test.
Thanks for the heads up Gregory I wasn't aware that it had been fixed in Hardware mode. I was only aware of them being fixed in software mode. I will have to give them a try via OpenGL hardware mode via the latest GIT version then. Also you are a working machine Gregory. Glad to see you aboard the PCSX2 dev train.
I updated from a revision last week and noticed an issue in Final Fantasy X (NA) where the game doesn't properly fade to black on loading screens.

How to notice it reliably:
Load a game from the memory card. Rather than fading to black, the screen switches back to the title screen, as if it hasn't unloaded the image or failed to load the black screen (I wouldn't know). Switch to either software mode or Direct3D11 to see the proper behavior.

This issue doesn't happen in Direct3D11 or software mode -- only OpenGL hardware mode-- so I'm placing this post here.

I downloaded several old revisions to locate when this started happening.

Last build where it works fine: pcsx2-v1.3.1-414-gd793ef8-windows-x86
First build where the issue occurs: pcsx2-v1.3.1-425-g2cbde89-windows-x86

Hardware hacks are unticked and even if I set everything to unticked/native resolution with OpenGL, the issue still exists.

The fact that PCSX2 is finally getting some work is really exciting, I'm glad to see it happening, please keep it up.

edit:
Oh, just in case it's gpu-specific, I'm using an nvidia GTX 760.
Please test latest git. It must work now.
So fast! Thank you very much, looks good from a brief test.