GSdx
Two things: Is your video card able to render in DX10?

If yes, update to the latest build of DX10/11 and see if that fixes it.
[Image: 2748844.png]

Sponsored links

Oh, wow. Mine doesn't, I probably should have checked with this PC. Thanks a lot.
This is my first time using this program, and I'm having trouble getting it all to work. Under the Plugin Selector in the GS field, when I select sse2 and hit Apply, a window pops up telling me "You need to update some directx libraries, would you like to do it now?" When I select Yes it takes me to the website where I click the download button and I get a page error. That's where I get stuck. None of the other GS links will work. I know my computer supports both DirectX10 and DirectX11, so I don't think it's a hardware issue.
I apologize if I'm unusually ignorant with these sort of things, but hopefully my halfway decent grammar and manners make up for it. Lol. Thanks for any and all help.
What's your full pc specs?

The reason why those links no longer work is because they're so outdated and the newer GSdx plugin are now included in pcsx2 0.9.6 and 0.9.7.
1. Install this before running pcsx2: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/de...laylang=en
2. Grab the latest beta on pcsx2 site: http://pcsx2.net/downloads.php?p=publicbeta
Specs:
AMD Phenom II N590 Quad-Core Processor 2.1 GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 graphics
4g RAM
64 Bit OS

The first link you gave is the same one that the program keeps sending me to, still unable to connect for whatever reason. And the second is actually where I got the emulator in the first place. Haha. Let me know if I can provide any more info. Really appreciate your help. :]
Can you even connect to the microsoft download center?? If not you will have to download it from another PC or fix whatever problem yours has.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
He can't use pcsx2 because he can't download the latest updates for DX9. I suggest you to turn off your firewall. There's no reason why you shouldn't be able to connect to it...
Using the latest beta (r3881) of GSDx, I can't get okami to work right. In D3D9 nor D3D10 hardware mode, when you go into brush mode it is supposed to tint the screen brown, display a brush and a black dot underneath it, and do a little "flip" animation. Only thing I get is the black dot.
In software mode on either one I get a correct brush screen... but the rest of the game has an odd "blur" and "bloom" effects on everything, and the performance is unplayable.
I tried zeroGS just for comparison, it does the brush screen correctly but everything else in the game is just a black screen with only the ink meter and health meter showing up Tongue (my guess it incorrectly makes a solid black background instead of an alpha transparency layer, thus covering the visuals underneath).
And I tried different versions of PCSX2, including compiling r4510 myself; results were identical in all of them suggesting its GSDx. Oh, no speed hacks were on.
I tried compiling latest GSDx myself, build was successful but PCSX says its not a valid DLL (apparently this happens to others with current ver, even if they use VS2008, I used VS2010 btw)

So anyways, all of those info bits combined lead me to believe there is some sort of bug with GSDx hardware mode which prevents that portion of okami from working correctly.
I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not superman!

Rig: Q9400, 4GB DDR2, eVGA GTX260 SC, gigabyte EP35-DS3R. X25-M 80GB G2.
Unfortunately those effects had to be removed in the hardware renderer because they were only causing problems, as you mentioned before they look fine in software mode and for now that's probably the only way you'll get it working correctly in PCSX2.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
thank you for the clarification Shadow Lady.
I am curious, what is the name of the disabled functions?
I am guessing that this isn't an okami specific thing, but rather that a specific function/s of PS2 were selectively disabled which are used to create those effects in okami (and potentially other games?), is that right?
I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not superman!

Rig: Q9400, 4GB DDR2, eVGA GTX260 SC, gigabyte EP35-DS3R. X25-M 80GB G2.