GSdx
what exactly does swthreads do? I searched and couldn't find an answer. When I was testing this on killzone i got a dramatic increase in frame smoothness at the cost of severe artifacts.

Sponsored links

(05-15-2011, 03:36 PM)Koji Wrote: Have you tried using the skipdraw hack?

Yeah, tried all hacks, no luck Sad

Now I'd like to now if Nvidia card users also experience opaque fog in day missions of Siren 1 ?

It plays perfectly otherwise but this bug makes it unplayable with my CPU because it's too slow for software rendering.

(05-23-2011, 11:52 AM)Ghost_thing Wrote: what exactly does swthreads do? I searched and couldn't find an answer. When I was testing this on killzone i got a dramatic increase in frame smoothness at the cost of severe artifacts.

You searched but somehow missed the huge configuration guide? Tongue http://pcsx2.net/guide.php
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Okay, I've been really lazy about using this thread, and I figure that I had better post a report about a game I do like otherwise it will never get fixed at all.

This is one for the game "Raw Danger!". This is the US-based copy, although the game seems the exact same to the Japan version (Sans the English textures, text, and everyone and their mother having blonde hair) in the way that it runs slowly. (My CPU is faster at rendering it, and my CPU is horrible for PCSX2, frankly).

The game uses a lot of filters that seem not to be emulated properly on everything just to make the game seem slightly brighter (and less vibrant, in my opinion). Although, if I were to take a guess, I would guess that it is not the filters that are slowing the game down but instead something else it is doing. This is because when using the hardware rendering mode, in the intro movie, there is a scene where you get a huge speedup where you go under an underground roof, although it appears they are still using filters (it appears slightly brighter using SW rendering).

See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbcHJge9k...re=related (1:27)

The .rar's are the GS dumps. Also notice attached are the same scene (although, not the same frames) in SW mode respectively. There is also a picture of the plugins I am using. I am using PCSX2 0.9.9.4657.

My specifications: 3326MB RAM (4GB), Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5770, Intel Pentium XII Xeon Processor (4 cores - each clocked at 2.33Ghz), Microsoft Windows XP Professional (32-bit)

Skipdraw=1000; does not seem to do anything except make the HUD flicker and item pickups flicker.

EDIT:

What shows up in my GSDX.ini:

Code:
[Settings]
Renderer=0
Interlace=0
AspectRatio=0
upscale_multiplier=1
windowed=0
filter=1
paltex=1
vsync=0
logz=1
fba=0
aa1=0
nativeres=1
resx=320
resy=256
swthreads=6
msaa=0
UserHacks_AlphaHack=0
UserHacks_HalfPixelOffset=0
UserHacks_SkipDraw=0
allowHacks=1
gamefix_skipdraw = 1
CaptureWidth=320
CaptureHeight=240
CaptureFileName=C:\Documents and Settings\kody\Desktop\PTR2.avi
CaptureVideoCodecDisplayName=

Edit: Just added 4.rar, which is the part of the introduction movie that does not experience the slowdown. My GS percentage is 20 or less during this time, which is what I would expect on a game. It's not exactly static, but I cannot do much better as this seems to be really the ONLY part of the game not suffering from the slowdown (Well, except the 2D menus). Sorry.

Edit: Strike that comment about filters during the certain part of the intro movie. For some reason, I could swear there was but I just went through it again and there did not seem to be any change between SW and HW mode (although SW mode was even running slightly faster), so it could be possible that for whatever reason they did not put a filter there. Maybe they forgot? But really, I could swear that something is happening there. SW rendering speed jumped from about 30 to 50 in that cutscene... It will even get 60 FPS towards the end of the cutscene... And 20 when it got in-game after that.

Edit: Uploaded an image of the scene that dump2 takes place in... Looks different so I thought it might be good to upload.

Note: The horridly broken green/purple filter seems to appear when you pick up a light source (in the dump, the mobile phone). The effect also appears if another character (NPC) is holding something such as a flashlight... This causes a the game to run about an additional three or so frames slower.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.rar   1.rar (Size: 1,43 MB / Downloads: 107)
.rar   2.rar (Size: 991,83 KB / Downloads: 115)
.rar   3.rar (Size: 954,91 KB / Downloads: 124)
.rar   4.rar (Size: 1,96 MB / Downloads: 114)
.rar   4moreframes.rar (Size: 2,35 MB / Downloads: 113)
.rar   2moreframes.rar (Size: 2,33 MB / Downloads: 121)
.rar   3moreframes.part1.rar (Size: 4,88 MB / Downloads: 109)
.rar   3moreframes.part2.rar (Size: 2,26 MB / Downloads: 110)
.rar   1moreframes.part1.rar (Size: 5,86 MB / Downloads: 127)
.rar   1moreframes.part2.rar (Size: 3,63 MB / Downloads: 112)
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
I'm sorry but all these dumps have a single frame only and don't show up in my dump viewer.
Please create then with ctrl+shift+f8 and keep holding that button combo for just under a second.
GSdx will dump several frames this way (it grows big fast, so don't press too long Tongue2 ).

Edit: Never mind, I can test it myself Smile

Edit2:
Okay, the game easily fills my whole 896MB of video memory.
The slowness thus is from spilling resources over to system ram and back.
It works lots better with native resolution selected in GSdx, try it Tongue2
I am playing this in native resolution. On my 5770, I cannot even get full speed in the tutorial section (although, it does run 40-50 FPS). During the regular game, it usually runs at about the upper 10s, and will drop down to single digits when a lot of the "water splash effects" are on screen. Well, the ones that take up the full screen.

Is there any way to improve upon my results or fix the filters using any options in the version I have?

Edit: Anyways, when I get a chance, I'll make sure to upload new versions of the dumps with more than one/two frames for anyone who wants to look at it. I'll make sure to pause during the dump with the intro scene, as as I forgot it still renders the game while paused.

Edit: Also, there are some lines and other visual artifacts on things such as the 2D memcard/pause menu. This happens when texture filtering is checked, but will not happen when the texture filtering has a square in the option selection. However, I will post the dumps with the same filtering option I was using (checkmark, whatever that implies...).

Also, anything higher than skipdraw=0; will remove some polygons on character models, although I know that is not a bug... Just noting that because I am aware 3 is the default, right?

Oh, also, I was getting much faster FPS on software rendering using Cycle Stealing, although only on certain more CPU-intensive parts. Don't know if that helps. Doesn't really help on HW mode, helps a bit with the FPS but can break some filters more than they already are. (Will create green lines on the 2nd dump's .bmp instead of the weird 3d effect with the vertical lines).

Edit: Uploaded all of those dumps...
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
Does anyone know why Jak and Daxter in the first 3 games in the series have no eyes and odd shadows around them? I am using the latest stable version of PCSX2 (0.9.8) with the correct graphics settings on my PC. Will it ever be fixed? I have heard other people have had this problem!Angry
Checkmark is texture filtering all textures, since textures are loaded as tiles, it's not uncommon for filtered textures to have lines through them then when they are placed "backed together" for the final picture. This isn't a bug, and the only fix is to either use the fill option (which doesn't filter 2d items, but still filters textures on models) or disable it outright.

Speed hacks are just that, speed hacks. If they break the game in any way, don't use them. There isn't really a fix for a speed hack that causes problems Wink

(edit) Didn't see the new post. Jak and Daxter has a graphics bug in hardware mode, the problem is fixed by switching to software mode (F9). The shadows can be "fixed" by removing them entirely using the skipdraw hack if they are too distracting and you'd rather use hardware mode (no fix for the eyes though)
Will the developers of PCSX2 ever consider fixing the 'eyes' problem in the Jak and Daxter games, and do they know about it?
>the problem is fixed by switching to software mode (F9)
Software mode is completely unplayable and will not be playable for at least a decade. It is used entirely for testing purposes. It is not a fix for anything.
I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not superman!

Rig: Q9400, 4GB DDR2, eVGA GTX260 SC, gigabyte EP35-DS3R. X25-M 80GB G2.