GSdx
FFXA in native is blurry and pathetic ( GO raising up the res before using any AA tech ) so FFXA in SW mode is useless

Sponsored links

(07-30-2011, 06:57 PM)abdo123 Wrote: FFXA in native is blurry and pathetic ( GO raising up the res before using any AA tech ) so FFXA in SW mode is useless
lol..It's not that bad. Perfectly liveable. In fact I have been using FXAA in Native myself every now and then.
Ivy Bridge 3770K @ 3.9GHz - MSI TwinFrozr GTX680 4GB...
...Nerpyderp.
it is just that FFXA is not suppose to run at this low res ( which sometimes cause visual problems )
SW mode is not even playable, its just too laggy even on the fastest hardware around. HW Acceleration is needed.
I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not superman!

Rig: Q9400, 4GB DDR2, eVGA GTX260 SC, gigabyte EP35-DS3R. X25-M 80GB G2.
(07-30-2011, 07:25 PM)taltamir Wrote: SW mode is not even playable, its just too laggy even on the fastest hardware around.

Incorrect. Tongue
Subpixel 0.0 should actually be faster since it's doing less processing of the image.

I'll do some testing later. Presently the coding bug has hit me as I was up till 6am trying to hack in FXAA 3.11 into GSDX last night and failing as what looked like a very simle tweak allowed it to compile but not work.
(07-30-2011, 07:25 PM)taltamir Wrote: SW mode is not even playable, its just too laggy even on the fastest hardware around. HW Acceleration is needed.

you must have not been introduced to a 5GHz Sandy bridge Wink
a lil feature request: is there a way to create a virtual output mode that does overload interlaced mode games to output everything fully progressive? dunno if this already available cause I've not seen that yet. those games still skaking like a$$. Laugh

was just an idea.
There are interlace modes to fix that. just F5 until you find one you like that fixes it.

And from my experiments it still doesn't work I think it has to do with FXAA_3.11 changing a lot of the defines into shader inputs and me not knowing any direct x to know whether the correct values are getting passed through the stages rather then just the one call in fxaa.fx
yeh... I know. I just don't like the lines and the blur at blend. I had a custom build that did that progressive. I just suck today to find the extra files to setup that stupid vc++ to compile the plug. -.-