GSdx
Great indeed! Another question I wanted to make quite some time now, would/could PS2's official SDK and schematics and other documentation help in PCSX2's further development/improvement? I could use some connections... ...if you get what I mean... XD

Sponsored links

Someday the SCPH-10000 BIOS problems on PCSX2 will have to be solved...
(09-23-2012, 10:55 PM)5247846 Wrote: Someday the SCPH-10000 BIOS problems on PCSX2 will have to be solved...
They did, Sony fixed them on newer BIOS revisions. You see the problem is in the BIOS, not PCSX2. There is nothing that can be done about them and even if there was, it would mean rewrites in the source code which is not worth the effort at all. In the end of the day, if your console is using those old versions, it may be not right and against the rules of this forum but there's just so many other ways to acquire a working BIOS that defeats the reason even to make the effort somebody blaming you for it. One example is dump it from one of your friends that has a newer console. I know it's not right but I doubt Sony would accuse anyone when in the end of the day it's their fault they created a faulty system.

Oh for the record, I'm pretty sure the copyrights securing PS2 as a whole system in a context (excluding the tittles ofcourse) ended in November 7 2010 and I think the "Fair Use" licence is in effect from now on which may open some legal restrictions to developers being in fear of a lawsuit.
(09-23-2012, 11:56 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: They did, Sony fixed them on newer BIOS revisions. You see the problem is in the BIOS, not PCSX2. There is nothing that can be done about them and even if there was, it would mean rewrites in the source code which is not worth the effort at all. In the end of the day, if your console is using those old versions, it may be not right and against the rules of this forum but there's just so many other ways to acquire a working BIOS that defeats the reason even to make the effort somebody blaming you for it. One example is dump it from one of your friends that has a newer console. I know it's not right but I doubt Sony would accuse anyone when in the end of the day it's their fault they created a faulty system.

Oh for the record, I'm pretty sure the copyrights securing PS2 as a whole system in a context (excluding the tittles ofcourse) ended in November 7 2010 and I think the "Fair Use" licence is in effect from now on which may open some legal restrictions to developers being in fear of a lawsuit.
I mean, the black column sometimes found on the OSDSYS menus.
the SCPH-10000 bios is extremely buggy and hacky due to the console not being "quite" right on release, but it was rushed out. It was shortly replaced by SCPH-10001 which fixed the issues.

So PCSX2 will never "fix" the problems which are sony's software problems in the first place, not to mention there is only a couple of thousand of the console out there and they are all probably dead (or dying) by now.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Does anyone know of ELF demos to test the GS, besides this ones? Ye'know, like spheres, cubes, teapots, rectangles and stuff.
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
Here's 2 I had in my homebrew folder. The Bricks one uses a very large frame buffer that's not well supported in GSdx.

Attached Files
.zip   elfs.zip (Size: 473,67 KB / Downloads: 116)
(09-25-2012, 10:01 AM)rama Wrote: Here's 2 I had in my homebrew folder. The Bricks one uses a very large frame buffer that's not well supported in GSdx.

huh? there's only one elf in there. so... how large is the framebuffer in that bricks thing? tho... i know one could probably max it at 1080p at 16 bit - memory wise. Closedeyes so let me ask: the ps2 can switch to 1080p? the vmodetest says so, but that other vmode thingy around maxes at 1080i. i'm still open to try program a lil game that outputs native full hd. Laugh
Hey, dunno if anyone thought of it but I have an idea for better visual results with internal resolution multiplication at zero speed cost.
I pretty like always use it:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Kingdom-H...#pid262030
GSdx needs a "force progressive scan" option!