GSdx
(11-04-2012, 06:05 AM)Zamda Wrote: That looks great Virgin KLM, how would a noob like me use that? Keen to get tekken looking nicer Laugh

I need somebody that makes good shaders to explain what I did, I bet it can be done with a shader and it's simple but I have no clue how to do it.
Note, that every single different internal resolution will need a different shader so I would need to provide maybe for 2-3 combinations which should be enough.

Sponsored links

Well, what process did you go through to get it nice for one resolution? Maybe I can follow that?
Also, whatever I set tekken 5's resolution to the edges always look blurry, never nice and sharp like yours
It's a mathematic process of calculating the missing pixels artificialy fooling your eye plus the interpolation method to correct the gaps which will always look better than 1200x1920.
Also the game seems to have some issue, even after setting it to progressive scan, the image jumps up and down like it's interlaced.
Another thing that takes away from quality of the picture is the de-interlace methods which more or less half the effective sharpness of the image, something I don't use in my screenshots.
(09-25-2012, 08:40 PM)5247846 Wrote: GSdx needs a "force progressive scan" option!
Perhaps it requires a patch...
Is there a way we can use a different texture filtering algorythm like HQ2X or HQ4X or even better use a different algorythm for the half selection and the full selection of the option that does affect different kinds of textures?
With post processing shader maybe ?
(11-21-2012, 12:06 AM)AzazelDC Wrote: With post processing shader maybe ?

That's not a visual upgrade and not what I meant at all, the only good thing in that would be when using it with Software mode. What I meant is use those methods instead of trillinear/billinear/bicubic in textures which are more gausian-type and they tend to lack in fidelity or since GSDX has 2 options which distinguish 2D from 3D related spites you could use one for 3D like billinear and one for 2D ellements like HQ4X which would look pretty awesome and less blurry/more current gen.
Is there any way to emulate whatever the "Edge anti-aliasing (AA1)" option does in Hardware mode?

I'm trying to play Trapt (NTSC-U version) currently and it has a bad case of missing or corrupted textures on geometry. I've been trying basically every option in hardware mode and can't get rid of it.
It even persists in software rendering, UNLESS I activate edge anti-aliasing. Then, everything looks like it's supposed to. Here's some screenshots from the opening cutscene.

Hardware rendering at native resolution (software without edge aa looks the same):

And these are the same scenes in software mode with edge anti-aliasing:

/edit: mixed up some of the screenshots somehow
Hardware mode has msaa support (under hardware hacks I believe) so you don't need it Tongue2
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(11-21-2012, 01:54 PM)refraction Wrote: Hardware mode has msaa support (under hardware hacks I believe) so you don't need it Tongue2

I assume this was directed at VIRGIN KLM? Otherwise, color me confused. MSAA sure isn't fixing any texture issues.

Edit:
I found one more issue, with GSDx11 specifically. In Hardware mode, some objects in the game flicker/vanish randomly. They work correctly in GSDx9 if you check the Alpha correction (FBA) setting. Here's another set of screenshots.

GSDx11 (and Dx9 without FBA):

GSDx9 with Alpha correction (FBA):

Might be some problem with shadows, judging from the pictures, they kinda vanished.