GSdx
Nah it didn't need it before, I was using it to test another game and forgot I left it on Tongue2
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

how about doing post processing AF for 8-bit textures. could be integrated in the fxaa pass. only needs some depth buffer and a bitmask. per masked pixel check the depth of surroundings. you get an approximate angle in 3d. needs some 1-dot product with the screen normal to get a "crunch value" aka a proximate value for the amount of samples - and a cross product to get the filter axis to take some "on that axis" samples. pitfall is it samples over polygon edges, probably smearing them. and it's mosdef awefully slow.

but it's just a wild idea. Laugh
(01-23-2014, 02:39 AM)refraction Wrote: Okay the deal with GT4 is it buggers up UNLESS you have 8-bit textures enabled, which would explain why it doesn't work with ansiotropic filtering if that disables it.

Although im sure it used to be okay without it ages ago, not sure when that broke, but it isn't due to your changes anyway, so ignore me! Tongue

No forget everything i said, i had skipdraw set to 2, what a penis!

Does GT4 look a lot better with AF?
Lenovo Y50-70 Gaming Laptop
Intel Core i7-4720HQ @ 2.6Ghz - 3.6Ghz Quad Core
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
15.6'' Full HD 1920 x 1080 IPS
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Intel Core i5 4670 @ 3.4Ghz
Gigabyte H81M
Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB
8GB DDR 3 Ram
1TB WD Black
Windows 10 64 Bit
Phillips 23.6" 1920x1080 IPS
(01-23-2014, 05:28 PM)Donovan24 Wrote: Does GT4 look a lot better with AF?

I haven't checked yet because i was too busy with my penisery Tongue ill check later (or tomorrow, very busy tidying tonight!)

(01-23-2014, 12:16 PM)refraction Wrote: Nah it didn't need it before, I was using it to test another game and forgot I left it on Tongue2

I'll look into that when I'm back then. I'll be on irc when I'm home.
(01-23-2014, 07:17 PM)Asmodean Wrote: I'll look into that when I'm back then. I'll be on irc when I'm home.
what for? I said it was my error, nor was it a new problem Tongue

Oh, I thought you meant that it only started needing it after the AF changes, for some reason.

Sorry btw, I wasn't looking properly, and I edited your post instead of hitting reply, by accident lol.
lol good job!

(01-23-2014, 07:21 PM)Asmodean Wrote: I wasn't looking properly, and I edited your post instead of hitting reply, by accident lol.

I have came SO close to doing that so many times. Clicked edit instead of reply, and even wrote my text in there a few times. When I go to hit "Post Reply" is when I notice, because it's not in the same place as the "Save Changes" button. It makes me feel a little better to know I'm not the only one with this tendency though lol.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(01-23-2014, 05:28 PM)Donovan24 Wrote: Does GT4 look a lot better with AF?

nope. it looks blurrier and slower Sad

Edit: Managed to get x3 out of it, did new pics in PNG format and wrote NO AF in the top left of the one without AF so i didn't get confused, but results are the same.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)