GSdx
Could someone provide me with the names of a few games that have broken scaling, please?. That is strictly broken because of integral scaling.

I'm experimenting with a floating point interpolation scalar implementation.

Sponsored links

Like Broke scaling that cause lines in the menu like that of FFX when using scaling?

Or are we talking Lines in the actual games like Namco tekken games if a specific custom res isnt used?
I think the black lines are a product of the texture filtering?. I'm not brave enough to go at that texture filter at the moment. It's way too convoluted, and precarious ;p You'd fix one game and cause issues in twenty more lol.

Stuff like, not being rendered correctly when upscaling. Sometimes it would be only past a certain scale, or such. I need a few that are apparent. I'm testing a few that are iffy when scaling, but it's only very minor, and I'd be thinking I'm imagining improvements ;p

I was also doing some work on an internal Lanczos scalar filter, for upscaling and downsampling, to produce nice results when using higher resolutions. I still don't know if it's worth finishing though. Most people probably play at fairly low res, and I'd need to fiddle with the GSdx GUI dialog to have it as an option, or what not. But I bloody hate going at that tiny-ass dialog, when I'm running VS Express, as it has no dialog editor, so I've to do everything manually...
Final Fantasy X (text, not because of TF), Shadow Hearts Series (fight wheel and cutscenes with captions on), Obscure Series (flickering textures, can't remember if this was gimped in software mode too or not), Metal Gear Solid 3 (Shadows), Shadow of Colossus (sky bloom, shines, colossus eyes), Namco fighting games (vertical lines), Dirge of Cerberus (title screen, sky)
Model: Clevo P570WM Laptop
GPU: GeForce GTX 980M ~8GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X CPU +4.2GHz (12 CPUs)
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3L 1600MHz, 4x8gb
Here's gsdumpgui with which you can play back following .gs snapshots. Lots of interresting bugs captured in a GS data stream for instant replay! Smile

Amagi: Her face in upscaling. Not those other bugs, they're fixed by the alpha stencil hack.

[Image: hC93RhB.jpg]

https://www.sendspace.com/file/1w2noh

FFX: The classic font alignment problem.

[Image: E0HnlqE.png]

https://www.sendspace.com/file/p32gxy

These girls with funny hats:

[Image: tLk4oJS.png]

https://www.sendspace.com/file/slja7h

Attached Files
.zip   GSDumpGUI.zip (Size: 180,16 KB / Downloads: 140)
(11-07-2014, 01:52 AM)Asmodean Wrote: I was also doing some work on an internal Lanczos scalar filter, for upscaling and downsampling, to produce nice results when using higher resolutions. I still don't know if it's worth finishing though.
It's worth it. For me, at least Happy. I usually play at 5x or 6x IR (depending on performance). As hardware improves with time, more and more people will want higher resolutions, even 7x and 8x. More so if everyone will have a 4k monitor in the future (well, that will reduce for some time the downscaling needs).
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X670E-F Gaming WiFi
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz CL30 DDR5
Monitor: Asus PG278QR
(11-07-2014, 12:50 AM)Asmodean Wrote: Could someone provide me with the names of a few games that have broken scaling, please?. That is strictly broken because of integral scaling.

I'm experimenting with a floating point interpolation scalar implementation.

Some portraits in Persona 3 like Mitsuru whenever they blink.
Thanks guys, I'll take a look at those and use them for testing Smile
BoF Dragon quarter MEnus a and videos, portraits too

[Image: SeeGAoj.jpg]
[Image: hZ6kZAv.jpg]
[Image: h8MG6e5.jpg]

BOF_DQ and FFX are the games i have that play that suffer from stuff like this
So far, not looking good. As I expected, my scalar changes seem to be more accurate, and cause no apparent issues, unlike last time I tried messing with it. It caused problems with FMV's etc. But, it doesn't fix the above visual glitches either. Which leads me to believe it's obviously not the code I'm working on that's responsible for affecting the rast elements when scaling. Its prob further on in the code, where it gets real messy, and out of my league Sad lol