GSdx
(11-08-2014, 02:24 AM)Asmodean Wrote: So far, not looking good. As I expected, my scalar changes seem to be more accurate, and cause no apparent issues, unlike last time I tried messing with it. It caused problems with FMV's etc. But, it doesn't fix the above visual glitches either. Which leads me to believe it's obviously not the code I'm working on that's responsible for affecting the rast elements when scaling. Its prob further on in the code, where it gets real messy, and out of my league Sad lol

Edit: here's a a build, if anyone wants to test it out for whatever reason.

Seem to do more harm then good from what i just seen

Videos are mess, FFX is flashing with corruption and XenoSaga II start menu is not even remotely rendering correct, One day we might get scaling with out glitchs but for most part they dont matter to me as games look infinitely better then they did on the ps2.

These days most of my test revolves around your GSDX shader, I still waiting on the GIT build to incorporate the newest

Sponsored links

There is a reason scaling has glitches in the first place, Gabest explained it once. It's unlikely that we will ever have perfect scaling without glitches.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
on the subject of gabest where he go he posted then went poof, does he even work on gsdx anymore or someone else updating it
I just noticed I bionked a few values in that build I uploaded lol. I recompiled without undoing something stupid I was testing. I'll remove that one for now.

(11-08-2014, 04:04 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: These days most of my test revolves around your GSDX shader, I still waiting on the GIT build to incorporate the newest

Yeah. I put in a pull request for it a few days back. I'll upload it in the shader thread in a few, if you like. But, I'll have to give you a GSdx build for it to work properly, because I added a new non-reciprocal resolution macro and incorporated it into the shader. So it obv requires that to work.
As far as Gabest, he is currently working on an experimental OPEN CL version of the renderer. I built it and tested it, it's coming along nicely. The goal is to have software mode like accuracy, but using GPU power through Open CL.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Hmm software accuracy + scaling and shaders??
No, no scaling. Adding scaling would make it have the same issues as hardware mode already does. It will have the same features as software mode mostly. The idea is just for a faster version of software mode that uses GPU power instead of CPU power. For people who have stronger GPU and weaker CPU.
(11-08-2014, 05:29 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: No, no scaling. Adding scaling would make it have the same issues as hardware mode already does. It will have the same features as software mode mostly. The idea is just for a faster version of software mode that uses GPU power instead of CPU power. For people who have stronger GPU and weaker CPU.

ah could be useful for those people
might also take the load off of games like Jak III which hit both the cpu and gpu like all hell
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(11-08-2014, 04:43 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: As far as Gabest, he is currently working on an experimental OPEN CL version of the renderer. I built it and tested it, it's coming along nicely. The goal is to have software mode like accuracy, but using GPU power through Open CL.

I wasn't aware that he was still involved in the PS2 emulation scene at all, I just thought he quit due to family/job related reasons, glad I was wrong. Also glad that he's working on a plugin, hopefully that fixes a good chunk of the weird bugs that remain. Biggrin
Custom Desktop
CPU: Haswell Core i7 4770 3.40 GHz (3.90 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
CPU Instructions: MMX, SSE1, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1,
SSE4.2, EIST, iAMT2, Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)  
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
HDD: 3 x 1 TB Western Digital HDD
Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB GDDR5
Audio: Realtek 5.1 HD Audio