GSdx
(06-11-2015, 10:24 PM)shinra358 Wrote: Probably, but I've never seen anyone mention any other skipdraw number to fix anything.

1 is definitely the most common, but I know a couple of games that need 4, and one that needs 10.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

(06-11-2015, 11:00 PM)Topken Wrote: I do believe Tales of the Abyss is one such game that the misaligned bloom and other effects just require a to high skipdraw and so cause other critical screen objects to disappear.

ToA only requires Skipdraw 1. But it makes everything dark, so you have to play with Shade Boost again to get around that. (Unfortunately increasing the Brightness there also results in Skits and FMVs to be SUPER bright.)
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
Generally 1 is enough to break completely the effect without too much garbage. It doesn't mean that effects need a single draw call, neither that it skip the good part of the effect.
since GSdx development has finally been picked up again, do you think it would be possible for someone to look into the infamous HW mode glitches in Fatal Frame 1, particularly the problem with the camera not locking onto ghosts, and the ghosts being invisible?
But dev never stopped. The wiki said those issues are related to depth. So either it is a kind of depth effect, high probability to be already fixed in GSdx 2.0. Or the game requires a full 32 bits accuracy of depth, current GPU HW unit are limited to 24...
you're right! the lock on issue is completely fixed in GSdx 2.0. unfortunately, the ghosts are still invisible. is there any way to fix that at the moment?
Please report to 2.0 thread so I can easily collect information

You could try the following option:
Quote:accurate_fbmask = 1
ugh I thought the lock on issue had been fixed because I played the first part of the game last night in HW mode without any need to switch back to SW mode but I'm playing it now and the camera will no longer lock on when it needs to over half the time.

I am using GSdx 2.0; do you want me to give you reports on Fatal Frame in that thread? I ask because the reports there seem to be mostly related to graphic issues and not something that actually affects gameplay.

unfortunately, accurate_fbmask=1 doesn't do anything in regards to making the ghosts visible.
(07-01-2015, 12:25 AM)RoseBuddi Wrote: ugh I thought the lock on issue had been fixed because I played the first part of the game last night in HW mode without any need to switch back to SW mode but I'm playing it now and the camera will no longer lock on when it needs to over half the time.

I am using GSdx 2.0; do you want me to give you reports on Fatal Frame in that thread? I ask because the reports there seem to be mostly related to graphic issues and not something that actually affects gameplay.

unfortunately, accurate_fbmask=1 doesn't do anything in regards to making the ghosts visible.

Locking is an upscaling issue, it works fine with native on.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
nah, that's not it.

here I have it set to native:
[Image: tumblr_nqs4jtveGD1rssv1ho1_400.png]

and here is it, perfectly centered, should be locking on but it doesn't:
[Image: tumblr_nqs4jtveGD1rssv1ho2_1280.png]