GSdx
I've got a problem with GSdx.

When I play Kingdom Hearts, in some areas, some polygons are rendered translucent. And sometimes (so far only in Monstro) the textures aren't rendered at all, making the whole area pitch black.

I'm using build 1598, SSSE3 edition, in DX10 mode (haven't tried DX9) on a Windows 7 partition (final build just before the RTM), and this problem occurs regardless of the internal resolution, or whether texture filtering is enabled on anything or not.

I'd also like to point out that when using DX11 mode on the same operating system, PCSX crashes before the game even loads. This happens in both the SSE2 and SSSE3 versions (my CPU doesn't support SSE4 and above).

The bitmap and .gs file are in the attached zip folder.

.zip   Translucent Polygon glitch.zip (Size: 4,21 MB / Downloads: 728)

[EDIT] And Windows is up to date. I've got the latest version of DirectX and everything.

Sponsored links

DX11 mode is in alpha stages, so expect all kinds of crashes and problems.
You should use the official 0.1.14 release of GSdx which has no problems, beta builds can introduce many problems all around, that's why they are called beta.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
DX11 isn't even particualrlly happy with FFX, so that's saying something aout the quality it's at right now (no, this is NOT gabest's fault)
I was just reporting a bug. 0.1.14 works fine, but I wanted to see if the newest build would offer any increase in speed.

If you guys gain anything from the bug report, then I guess you're welcome.

Looking forward to DX11 support though. Wink
Hello, I found a GSdx bug here.

Super Robot Wars Alpha 3 [NTSC]
Full name: Super Robot Wars Alpha 3: To the End of the Galaxy (Japanese: 第3次スーパーロボット大戦α 終焉の銀河へ)

# 0.96 version, beta1474
# Plugins tried:
Gsdx 1479(MSVC 15.00, SSSE2)0.1.15, Gsdx 1479(MSVC 15.00, SSSE3)0.1.15, ZeroGS 0.91.1
# Cpu: all on
# No Speed Hacks
#Round modes: default

# Description: Graphic problem, the layers are not properly displayed
such that the options in the "COMMAND" tab cannot been seen. The bug exists in both Gsdx and ZeroGS. But when Direct3D9(Software) is chosen, the bug is fixed.
Can anyone tell me how to fix the bug using Direct3D9(Hardware)? Because Direct3D9(Software) slows down the speed.

^Normal display when Direct3D9(Software) is chosen

^Using Direct3D9(Hardware), layers are buggy
is it needed to update directx (10 too?) to run latest version of this plugin?
coz latest versions seem to crash here...

i know i know, u dont offer proper support to latest SVN.
im just wondering about directx updating.

ive got an ati4890 here, trying to run in dx10 hw mode.
yes, it is necessary to update your directx, even if you got dx11. get the march '09 redist or use the webupdater (don't forget the visual c++ 2008 sp1 update from the first post). and you will most likely get all the support for the beta revisions you'll need, just open your own thread for your problem in the proper section, as this thread is reserved for feedback like suggestions or gsdx specific bug-reports. but please search the forum before asking anything, this directx question e.g. was already answered in about a million threads Wink
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
it wasnt the dx, lol.
ive just updated to latest version and now it works.
i didnt even touched the configuration.

is there an official listing of flags for the plugin configuration?
the new version, I can't see the frame rate. how do I see it since it's full screen all the time?
Gunparade Orchestra - Shiro no Shou - Aomori Penguin Densetsu [J]

HW (dx9) has layer issues, might be related to the z-buffer problems. Basically the characters are always on top of the background (3D over 2D), without any variation of deep levels, it gets more evident in the classroom.

D3D9 (HW <-> SW):

There are 3 games in the series, all present the same issue, I also get a black screen when I replay the .gs file.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Gakuen Toshi Vara Noir - Kingdom of Chaos the Universe [J]

This does look like the dx9 z-buffer issue, frames/layers are in wrong order, names and some alpha are missing.

D3D9 (HW <-> SW):

--------------------------------------------------------------

Rosario to Vampire Capu 2 - Koi to Yume no Rhapsodia [J]

Again minimal, black lines, the game scrolls character sprites frequently the garbage lines appear and move place continually, as if the screen was cropped in rectangles.

D3D9 (HW <-> SW):

Attached Files
.7z   Gunparade Orchestra - Shiro no Shou - Aomori Penguin Densetsu [J] - GS dump.7z (Size: 1,19 MB / Downloads: 247)
.7z   Gakuen Toshi Vara Noir [J] - GS dump.7z (Size: 588,49 KB / Downloads: 240)
.7z   Rosario to Vampire Capu 2 - Koi to Yume no Rhapsodia [J] - GS dump.7z (Size: 969,35 KB / Downloads: 239)