GSdx
(09-22-2009, 02:52 PM)drwhojan Wrote: Set the D3D intenal res to 512 : 512 and see a big speed-up from 30fps to 50fps in bios

Qwestion is why dose it speed-up when lowering the internal res?, 512 is as low as its alowed to get

Are you really this dumb, or are you just screwing around with us? Seriously. What part of "lower resolution is going to be faster" don't you understand? That's how technology has always worked. If you want better framerates at higher internal resolutions, get an even better video card.

(but at a certain point you'll be limited by your CPU and not your GPU, and faster cards won't help anymore)

... and this is horribly off-topic. "My video card sucks?" inquiries are not an issue with GSdx, or PCSX2 for that matter.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team

Sponsored links

I have a question regarding internal resolution:

What should I be using if I play all of my games in 1280*1024? The PS2 aspect ratio is 4:3, so should I be using 1280*1024 as my internal resolution even though it's 5:4? Does it even matter?
CPU: E5200 @ 3.0GHz
RAM: 4GB DDR2 800
Video: HD4850 512MB
(09-22-2009, 04:19 PM)Air Wrote:
(09-22-2009, 02:52 PM)drwhojan Wrote: Set the D3D intenal res to 512 : 512 and see a big speed-up from 30fps to 50fps in bios

Qwestion is why dose it speed-up when lowering the internal res?, 512 is as low as its alowed to get

Are you really this dumb, or are you just screwing around with us? Seriously. What part of "lower resolution is going to be faster" don't you understand? That's how technology has always worked. If you want better framerates at higher internal resolutions, get an even better video card.

(but at a certain point you'll be limited by your CPU and not your GPU, and faster cards won't help anymore)

... and this is horribly off-topic. "My video card sucks?" inquiries are not an issue with GSdx, or PCSX2 for that matter.

I have not got a clue all i know, I was pissing around with it and it just dose that, The higher i set it the slower the fps get... The lower i set it the faster the fps whent?!

15-25 fps on a higher set

35-45 sometimes 50fps on a lower res!

Giveing things a good is not hard!
(09-22-2009, 04:31 PM)drwhojan Wrote:
(09-22-2009, 04:19 PM)Air Wrote:

I have not got a clue all i know, I was pissing around with it and it just dose that, The higher i set it the slower the fps get... The lower i set it the faster the fps whent?!

The more pixels your card has to draw, the worse the performance will be. It's that simple. Lowering resolution will increase performance, always, without fail, in any 3d application that has ever been written.
(09-22-2009, 04:30 PM)JPaul Wrote: I have a question regarding internal resolution:

What should I be using if I play all of my games in 1280*1024? The PS2 aspect ratio is 4:3, so should I be using 1280*1024 as my internal resolution even though it's 5:4? Does it even matter?

Doesn't matter. You can optionally use this feature to increase/decrease the fidelity of a particular axis -- some games look better with higher Y res than X, for example, because of interlacing. But the aspect ratio is fixed when the internal buffer is rendered to screen. So for that it's not important.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
Will geting more gpu from your video card and ram help in the plugin?
My onbord can only hack 1024x786 where my new card is also 1280x1024

By lowering back to 1024x786 will this also boost the speed?
(09-22-2009, 04:41 PM)drwhojan Wrote: Will geting more gpu from your video card and ram help in the plugin?

I don't mean to be a *****, but you don't seem to know anything about what you're talking about.

You should go do some (light) research on the way modern computer systems work. When you're done, come back if you still have any questions. You probably won't have any questions, though, because with a little basic knowledge and a little will to research, you'll be able to solve every problem you encounter and answer any questions by yourself.

You have the internet, an almost infinite source of knowledge. Use it.

And yes, lowering resolution will increase performance. We've gone over this already. Actually, it depends on what resolution you're talking about. Lowering the internal resolution of the emulator will increase performance. This is all that you should be concerned with regarding resolution. Changing your desktop resolution will have no impact on performance.
(09-22-2009, 04:19 PM)tiku Wrote: Is there any recommended range of numbers to put at the pixoff lines at the .ini?

I'm trying to remove (or, at least, getting less) blur problems with Yakuza (it's really HUGE) and i don't really know where to start...

Thanks, mates Smile

For an internal d3d res of up to 2000*2000, I'd say go no higher than +16 .. 0 .. -16.
Ok i get the idear that it is not a plugin issue, A simple no would have done lol!
Thanks rama!

So, i assume that as i'm not using a res higher than my monitor's native (1680x1050), i should try between +8 and -8. Is that correct?

Also... another question: this blur problem could be as the ToA issue (solved with the ini), or something like Okami, where gabest disabled some effects? I ask this to know if my "research" of any ini conf it's a waste of time Smile

Thx again Smile