GSdx
That's a big relief. Okay! On to Win 7!

Sponsored links

Hi:

I've just downloaded the latest beta and I installed it (running windows 7). However when I try to configure it I get a missing d3dx11_42.dll and of course it doesn't download the gsdx plugins?

What is the problem? Because I have looked and I can't find anyone else that is reporting this.

Thanks for any help
My Computer: Intel i7 870 @ 2.93 Ghz. XForce Ati Radeon 5870 with 1 Gb RAM. 6 GB DDR3 1333 Mhz RAM.
I update DX to fix it. Sorry. I just figured that something else was the problem.
My Computer: Intel i7 870 @ 2.93 Ghz. XForce Ati Radeon 5870 with 1 Gb RAM. 6 GB DDR3 1333 Mhz RAM.
I dont oftenly use Gsdx butit will be nice if Sonic Unleashed can be fixed.It still has stripes.Tnx
I'm inactive on this, dedicating most of my time to osu!
Hi I have a bug to report for the game
Ar Tonelico II - Melody of Metafalica

I'm not sure how to describe so here are a few screenshots.

[Image: gsdx_20091114232628.jpg]
GSdx 890 0.1.14 - SSE 4.1 - Direct3D 10

[Image: gsdx_20091114234251.jpg]
GSdx 1873 0.1.15 - SSE 4.1 - Direct3D 10

is this the right place to report bugs (?) i'm not sure so sorry if I'm doing something wrong

Attached Files
.zip   ArTonelicoII- 0.1.15 -gsdx_20091114234251.zip (Size: 3,34 MB / Downloads: 1.432)
.zip   ArTonelicoII- 0.1.14 -gsdx_20091114232628.zip (Size: 2,5 MB / Downloads: 522)
These are upscaling (and with it, rounding) errors.
Since these games don't benefit from upscaling much, you best just set GSdx to use native res.
(The native tickbox)
I've been led to believe, due to a few posts on this forum, that there is a certain point in the development of GSdx where ATI cards start to see significant slowdowns compared to older versions. Could someone verify this information? And if it is true, could someone advise me as to the correct revision number I should download to see the highest FPS with my ATI card?

Nevermind, I figured it out myself. It makes no difference, really. I get the same FPS using the absolute newest as I do when using 1398.
CPU: E5200 @ 3.0GHz
RAM: 4GB DDR2 800
Video: HD4850 512MB
Good to know. There's not enough known yet about various ATI card issues with GSdx.
Could you also try the 8 bit textures option a bit, and report back if it breaks anything? Thanks Smile
JPaul: It depends on the game, and if the game is slow because of CPU issues a faster version of GSDx isn't going to make any difference.

That said, I find the older GSDx works better with SOME games, while the newer version works better with others...

For example, dothack//GU plays 20% faster on 1398 (90fps in an open field versus 75 in 21xx with the same settings) with my setup. Persona 3 and 4 play identically most of the time, except when certain enemies appear (the rare golden hands for example) where the former plays without slowdown and the latter crawls at 20-30fps.

For counter example, Star Ocean 3 plays at about 20-30fps in 1398... but 21xx can play it 100fps+.

It's very game dependant with GSDx versions and ATi cards... but the games it makes a difference for (both ways) is usually pretty dramatic... With the new scale options in the new GSDx, I only use the older GSDx anymore when there is a reason to (like when I play persona Wink)
[Image: 2748844.png]
(11-18-2009, 09:53 AM)rama Wrote: Good to know. There's not enough known yet about various ATI card issues with GSdx.
Could you also try the 8 bit textures option a bit, and report back if it breaks anything? Thanks Smile

It doesn't seem to make any difference in Persona 3 FES using GSdx 2199. I toggled it in many different scenes including the classroom, dorm, tartarus, a battle in tartarus, etc, and there doesn't seem to be any change. I could be wrong, I am no expert, I am only reporting my amateur observation. I would be happy to test it with other games but at the moment P3 is the only thing for which there is space on my hard drive. Ripping and storing DVD images is serious business, yo.

(11-18-2009, 07:39 PM)Koji Wrote: JPaul: It depends on the game, and if the game is slow because of CPU issues a faster version of GSDx isn't going to make any difference.

That said, I find the older GSDx works better with SOME games, while the newer version works better with others...

For example, dothack//GU plays 20% faster on 1398 (90fps in an open field versus 75 in 21xx with the same settings) with my setup. Persona 3 and 4 play identically most of the time, except when certain enemies appear (the rare golden hands for example) where the former plays without slowdown and the latter crawls at 20-30fps.

For counter example, Star Ocean 3 plays at about 20-30fps in 1398... but 21xx can play it 100fps+.

It's very game dependant with GSDx versions and ATi cards... but the games it makes a difference for (both ways) is usually pretty dramatic... With the new scale options in the new GSDx, I only use the older GSDx anymore when there is a reason to (like when I play persona Wink)

When using mVU, the game just has problems no matter what you throw at it. The version of GSdx I'm using matters only slightly. It may fix some slowdown, but cause slowdowns in other situations. It just depends on the version. 1398 works slightly better than 2199 in some situations, but the difference is almost inconsequential, and considering the featureset of the new versions of GSdx, there's no reason to go back (like, as you pointed out, scaling is the bee's knees).

Overall, for my system, disabling mVU fixes every problem in the game and whatever version of GSdx I decide to use is a non-issue at that point.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention (if it matters) that this was tested using the recently released catalyst 9.11.
CPU: E5200 @ 3.0GHz
RAM: 4GB DDR2 800
Video: HD4850 512MB