Gameplay stuttering while showing 60fps HELP!
Franpa thank you for joining disscusuion, but sadly turning off aero is not resolving stuttering, it laso gives me horrible tearing which is ofr me unplayable at all.
This problem seems to be related specific to pcsx2 as all other emu/games work flawlessly.

I think I might write some request at pcsx2 git to implementation of "DWMflush" which can only do good to emulation process.
As far as I see nothing can be done right now, only enabling vsync but this is only partial solution as performance drop is heavy.

Sponsored links

I think the majority of people on this thread at least would notice if they had the problems you describe, particularly as you claim they happen every few seconds with Vsync disabled. I have been PS2 gaming since the console was released and have noticed no such problems with my PCSX2 installation. I can tell the difference between abnormal stutter / frame rate problems and drops simply due to emulation compatibility issues, hardware requirements or native game engine issues. I would argue that in all likelihood the majority of people using PCSX2 do so to recreate their own considerable PS2 experiences from the past in HD rather than casual dabblers or new gamers experiencing their first taste of PS2. I very much doubt your "years of actual PS2 experience" put you in any kind of exclusive minority among PCSX2 users.

As regards how emulation V-sync works, according to the PCSX2 config setting tooltip, I will concede it does say there usually is a performance hit but it does not state why. Furthermore, this is what the Dolphin vsync tooltip explanation says: "Decreases performance IF emulation speed is BELOW 100%". Nowhere does it state in Dolphin or PCSX2 documentation that Vsync reduces emulation speed due to greater processing power consumption / requirements as you claim. I am open to being wrong on this issue but provide a credible source for your claims.

You still haven't explained which FPS counter you are using. If it is indeed PCSX2, then you are actually seeing the VPS rather than the effective displayed FPS according to Avih, a PCSX2 coder. See bottom post of one of the threads you yourself linked to:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-60-fps-bu...el-like-30

- Assuming your 60 figure really is accurate then perhaps the GPU is having trouble delivering the 60fps requested by the CPU for whatever reason. You could try a full clean install of the latest driver, not via Geforce experience clean install but by being properly thorough like so:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1150443/how-t...pu-drivers.

It could still also be the HDD. Can you not at least borrow an external usb drive from somebody else to test?
Just because your PC games or other emulators' games work fine doesn't entirely rule out the HDD. I have further experience of this albeit with flash memory not mechanical memory. A few years back I decided I wanted to play Suikoden II again but this time on my PSP as it just looked terrible on a large screen in full HD when playing on PS3 and even worse on my PS1. So, I softmodded the PSP with custom firmware and ripped my PS1 Suikoden II disc into an ISO (not CSO) which I transferred to an 8gb Pro Duo Magic Gate memory stick. All my PSP games ripped from my UMD collection worked fine off the stick. Suikoden II however had a slight single frame hitch every 4 seconds or so when walking round and once I noticed it, I couldn't un-notice it and it became really irritating.
I tried using different POPS versions despite already using the most compatible, tried different custom firmware ISO drivers, tried increasing the data read speed, upping the default processor speed, deleting and recreating the ISO, formatting and reinstalling the entire contents of the memory stick, custom firmware included, all without success. As I said before, all PSP ISOs worked fine however. Sometime later I got a newer version of the memory stick which was Magic Gate II. I copied the entire data (games and all) from the old Magic Gate I stick to the new Magic Gate II stick. When I tried Suikoden II on the new stick using the exact same version of POPs, same config settings, the frame hitching was gone.
Have you tried disabling Aero and enabling Vsync?

(12-24-2014, 05:26 PM)belmont1990 Wrote: This problem seems to be related specific to pcsx2 as all other emu/games work flawlessly.

But many people don't have this issue. I think it's more likely that the problem is your PC.
(12-24-2014, 07:32 PM)xemnas99 Wrote: Have you tried disabling Aero and enabling Vsync?

But many people don't have this issue. I think it's more likely that the problem is your PC.

OP thinks there must be people who do suffer from the issue but just don't know it yet as they either aren't observant enough or else they are not sufficiently "experienced in native PS2 gaming" to distinguish / recognise it.
I was using dxtory counter which also shows me constatn 60 fps, and about vsync hitting on performance - in every demanding emulator I had, enabling vsync dropped frames by a few (dolphin, pcsx2, ppsspp) so thats main problem - I can run games fluid without it, only thiss annoying as hell stuttering, but with vsync I get about 15-20 fps less so definitely slowing me down considerably here.

Just look at those other threads and compare this to mine problem - it is the same
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-60-fps-bu...el-like-30
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Choppy-fr...n-at-60fps

I even contacted Mahrahia and his and mine Pcs are quite different (gpu geforce, mobo asrock, vga connection vs gpu radeon, mobo asus, dvi connection).

There is definitely someting wrong with pcsx2 code, we are the only ones that are concerned with this issue and i suppose many people experiencing it also, but not post threads about it.

There is sadly no solution to this besides enabling vsync which synces framerates with display - dolphin or ppsspp which both are also demanding emus works perfectly but pcsx2 sucks bad, its quite annoying that aftef 10+ years of development basic things like this are still not achievable but some very minor tweaks for about 1% of users (linux stuff) is constantly upgrdaing.

Sorry but I don't have any more nerves to spend on this emulator, something that dont work like it should even after almost 2 weeks of tries, reading, testing - for nothing is just not worth any attantion at all, sadly I have to delete this and carry on.
Its even more weird thats this problem is known for about some time and no one seems to know anything about it.
If this was a bad coding of pcsx2, then EVERYONE would have it. And I can guarantee you I do not have the issues you're describing. vSync on or off doesn't matter either.

So don't blame it on pcsx2 as it's clearly only happening to specific individuals.
Just because it hasn't been figured out 'what' is causing it, doesn't mean pcsx2 coding is to be blamed.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
Didn't say you were the only one to ever experience the problem just that if it's as bad as you say, then I doubt it's as common / unreported as you claim (- people just not "recognising" it). That's 3 threads including yours (re the problem) out of hundreds or thousands of support threads about all kinds of problems. That's less than 1%. You could report it to the devs and see what they say but I would be surprised if they didn't ask you to try a different hard-drive or overclocking (both thigns you refuse to consider) just to rule out those possibilities.

Check your TV is set to 60hz mode and not 50hz. I say that because your model number is a 50hz PAL default format with 60hz available in PC mode (not sure about game mode or other picture modes).
Ok so here's my final word. Apparently vsync fixes the problem but carries a performance hit. This is the same scenario with alot of standard pc games. Ok so if I want to play shadow of mordor without vsync I get some screen tearing micro stutter ect. When I turn vsync on its smooth but my fps is locked at 60 or 30. If I drop from 60 to 30 I'm going to see a stutter. This will only happen if my hardware isn't capable of pushing the game 60fps 100% of the time. This happens bc my hardware Is underpowered. .........so with any pc game you have to choose between higher fps or no tearing ect. It has nothing to do with pcsx2. How do I know this? Bc I play pcsx2 with adaptive vsync checked in pcsx2 options and it plays a solid 60fps 99.9% of the time. As i said before, I also paid 4x as much as you did for my pc. So again I would suggest overclock, upgrade, play it like it is,or play on ps2.

I could of swore you said you were only having this problem in like one game. So just play the games that you can play.

This is something else I been thinking. ...it looks like you built this pc based off of sakatash ' s budget pc build suggestions. That build is basically designed to play a fair amount of pcsx2 games at playable speeds. But not a guarantee to play all. You could build a 1500$ pc and still no guarantee to play all games at full speed.
(12-25-2014, 01:10 AM)magnuesgallant001 Wrote: Didn't say you were the only one to ever experience the problem just that if it's as bad as you say, then I doubt it's as common / unreported as you claim (- people just not "recognising" it). That's 3 threads including yours (re the problem) out of hundreds or thousands of support threads about all kinds of problems. That's less than 1%. You could report it to the devs and see what they say but I would be surprised if they didn't ask you to try a different hard-drive or overclocking (both thigns you refuse to consider) just to rule out those possibilities.

Check your TV is set to 60hz mode and not 50hz. I say that because your model number is a 50hz PAL default format with 60hz available in PC mode (not sure about game mode or other picture modes).

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't rule out the CPU still from bottlenecking it.

Tbh, it could take less than 0.5 seconds to get a performance drop caused by the CPU for example.
You really won't even be able to tell from the CPU usage that way either. (It could still be saying it's only using 10% of the CPU in cpu-z or Task Manager).

My old i7-920 actually had bad performance when being overclocked ironically. It ran smoother while on stock speeds.

There's a ton of variables that can still be causing these issues.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
I actually tried running iso from pendrive, as well as from my HDD C: and D: partitions - every option is the same as anyone could suppose.

I was double and triple checking is my tv is surely set to 60hz and it is all the time.

Overclocking is only option I refuse to try becasue my tried games should run on pentium g3420 AT LEAST on native hardware full speed (RE CV, Devil summoner - ones from the least deanding titles.)

Thank you all for support and your time guys, you are truly a great community and helpful as much as can be, wish you nice christmas BTW.