God of War 1 & 2 looks playable
Try using the newest beta and from Config=>Emulation Settings=>Game Fixes=>Enable game fixes and enable Skip MPEG hack

I was able to skip the first fmv when I try it

Sponsored links

i did the opposite,all along i've been playing with all the game fix checked,i did'nt notice that, what i did was uncheked the skip MPEG it and it works fine now,i think i can finally finish this game,thanks for the tip though!
I has been sucsessed play this game with good graphics n speed but when I want to skip the movies, with START button is not work and the game is crashed...
help me....
CPU: Intel Core 2 duo T7500 2,20GHz ,800MHz FSB,4MB L2 chace
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L
RAM: 3GB DDR2
GFX: ATi radeon HD2400XT (256MB) up to 512MB
why you want to skip videos
anyway use skip mpeg fix in game fixes i think that will skip the videos automatically and you dont need to press any thing and nothing will crash
I can confirm that GoW II is fully playable from beginning to credits on 0.9.7 3113 with a few minor graphic/sound bugs.
-SPECS-
i5 3570K Ivy Bridge OC'd 4.5Ghz
GTX 760
16GB DDR3
GA-Z77X-UD3H
CM Hyper 212+
the thread is 3 years old every one know that that game is playable since 0.95
(03-03-2011, 02:35 PM)abdo123 Wrote: the thread is 3 years old every one know that that game is playable since 0.95
and has been playable/not-playable since then, why don't you just shut up when you don't know anything. Is all you know how to do is insult people?

@xcyper33: good to hear you got through it. It took me a bit after the 3113 beta to actually complete it. (and I am STILL unable to finish GoW1)
Hello all.

Im trying to run god of war 2 and when i play it im getting this weird background noise and in some parts it drops to 50 - 55 fps. Im pretty sure ive seen other people play it on youtube perfectly. I'm running on an i5 2500k @ 4.7 Ghz. Is there a setting that I am able to take advantage of that others are not? Or is this as good as god of war gets on pcsx2?
First, when you record video, even on a very slow CPU, the video will always play at 100% speed, so video recorded by pcsx2 is not an indication of speed.

As for GOW2, reset all settings to defaults, enable the recommended speed hacks, and if it's still slow, gradually increase EE cycle rate and VU cycle steal until it's fast enough (higher values might introduce some glitches though).
Looks like enabling the EE Speedhack did the trick Smile.

Didn't think i'd have to use speedhacks with this cpu lol

EDIT: They only help a little, i still get slowdowns in some areas though :\