God of War 1 & 2 looks playable
(04-27-2009, 04:02 AM)Saiki Wrote:
(04-27-2009, 03:54 AM)JafT.64 Wrote:
(04-27-2009, 02:35 AM)Saiki Wrote:
(04-27-2009, 02:29 AM)JafT.64 Wrote:
(04-27-2009, 02:18 AM)Saiki Wrote:
(04-27-2009, 02:14 AM)JafT.64 Wrote: Finished the game, yeahhh!!. Now I must really congratulate the Pcsx2 team and the various plugin coders, they have really done an unbelievable awesome job.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some challenges of the gods to beat.
Good luck.

questions:

Pal, or NTSC?

and did you have to patch it to finish the game?

DVD info added to the main post, and I didn't need any patches just turn the screen ratio to 4:3 to get past exactly 2 videos that hanged in the end.

hm.. I couldn't pass pandora's bridge without patching it Angry how'd you manage to?

oh.. and it that the greatest hits one or the original?

Its just the original, its a kind of old ISO I had used to make a backup disc. And now that I think of it, I remember having patched it with Toxic Dual Layer Image Patcher to be able to use it on the PS2. But I don't think it could make a difference.

yes it could. I used the gh version and had to patch it as well

I had no idea. The first time you asked, I thought you were talking about an emulator patch, not the Dual Layer patcher.
CPU: C2D [email protected] GPU: GeForce 8800GT@700/1750/965 RAM: 4GB Corsair DDR2 800Mhz

Sponsored links

yep, I was talking the dl one. sorry I was unclear
God Of War 2 Secret Message Tongue

NOW IM BECOME DEATH THE DESTROYER OF WORLD
NinjaAngryNinja

[attachment=17764]
FOKKAK MENY
(04-27-2009, 01:39 AM)Misfire Wrote:
(04-26-2009, 10:58 PM)Alias Wrote: Hello!

I am here because I failed to solved my issues alone, although I spent some good hours searching the forums for some solutions. [...]

have you tried using the speed hacks at all?

Yes, I've tried all of them.

Also another weird thing is that my CPU almost never goes over 50% usage. It varies between 10-13% and 50-56%...

I must also add that Shadow of The Colossus behaves the same. The CPU never goes beyond 50-60% usage. And yes, I know that that game is a FPS killer, even on the console.

It's weird and quite frustrating. Especially after reading tons of infos (guides) and (re)browsing almost all the forum.

Sad
Sorry for my english,guys. I just want to know is there some patch or what to solve green fog problem on DX9? I got pretty compability playing God of War with last pcsx2-beta-1059? but this damn fog is really make me crazy.
My spec - AMD ATHLON 64 6000+ 3 Ghz 2 gb ram and 7900 gtx.
Please somebody help me!
(04-27-2009, 03:51 PM)yorikbad Wrote: Sorry for my english,guys. I just want to know is there some patch or what to solve green fog problem on DX9? I got pretty compability playing God of War with last pcsx2-beta-1059? but this damn fog is really make me crazy.
My spec - AMD ATHLON 64 6000+ 3 Ghz 2 gb ram and 7900 gtx.
Please somebody help me!

I had the same problem at a certain point. Managed to fix it by messing around with the graphical settings. Try changing the Pixel Shaders 2.0 / 3.0 back and forth, change display resolution(s), check out eventually some CPU settings. You should be able to fix it using the beta emulator. It worked for me.
Hardware: AMD X2 @ 3.2GHz / nVidia 9600GT

Software: Vista x64 / PCSX2 Beta 1059
(04-26-2009, 01:44 PM)pesos Wrote: I've managed to run GOW 2 at full speed without bugs (installed vista)... but after the battle with le old man (the video who freeze), I've to put a key on a mecanism (just after opened the door) and the game hangs on... No problem to pass the video but freeze little after. Any ideas ?

here is a screen of the place. This is not a freeze, I can still go to menus but kratos doesn't want to moove -_-

[Image: sanstitrexss.th.jpg]

Nobody have the same problem ? Sad

I really want to continue this game, I've tried everything but game hangs everytime a this point...

Can someone give me a savestate just after this passage ?

thanks

ps : when I play with DX10, I can't play fullscreen... What the f*** ?
i5 2500k @4.7Ghz - GTX 670 OC - Ram 8Gb - Windows Seven x64
maybe you can upload your pcsx2 version and pluginsBiggrin

(04-27-2009, 02:14 AM)JafT.64 Wrote: Finished the game, yeahhh!!. Now I must really congratulate the Pcsx2 team and the various plugin coders, they have really done an unbelievable awesome job.

And yes, when I say finished, I really mean "rolling-credits-challenge-of-the-gods-unlocked" finished, and not "white/black-screen-after-Ares-battle" finished.

The only problem I had in the final battle was something related to the problem I discussed about the gravedigger video hanging if 16:9 ratio was selected. It happened to the final video after defeating Ares third form, I got a black screen at the end of it, but changing the ratio to 4:3 got me past it, and allowed me to take my rightful throne in Olympus Biggrin.

Now to the setup, hoping you guys could finish it too:
Pcsx2 rev1058 (the latest speed hack works wonder for this game)
-All CPU options checked.
-EE Use 2x Cycle rate, VU Cycle Stealing (Slight speedup), INTC Sync Hack, Enable IOP 2x Cycle Rate, WaitCycles Sync Hack, Idle-Loop Fast Forward.
-Both round modes to Chop/Zero, Both Clamp modes to None, Flush and Denormals checked.
GSdx rev873m modified version
-DX9 Hardware + Pixel Shader 3
-1280x1280 int. resolution, dropped to 1024 in busy places.
-Texture Filtering, Logarithmic Z, Wait VSync, Alpha Correction checked.
ZeroSPU2 0.4.4 (Edited: PlayGround rev665 don't play sounds of FMVs and videos, this older version works fine)
CDVDolio 0.1.0 (someone else mentioned it earlier in this thread, thanks to that guy, maybe this was the one that made the difference)
Lylipad rev1025

About the modified version of the graphics plugin I can't tell you much, aside from pressing the Compile button I don't know anything about programming so you'll have to google for it just like me.

Now it sound fine until now, but I had some annoying graphic/sound problems, the most notable was that the FMVs lacked sound, aside from the introductorial one. Maybe because some speedhack, but I already knew them so I was just happy running the game at full-speed.
Some floor, wall and ceiling textures disappeared in some sections of the game when looking at them from a certain angle, but it didn't impeded me from continuing, and they were really just a few sections.
I also had some strange white screens during the video before the battle against the 100 Kratoses, but the game continued fine.

Now some screenies Biggrin:
[Image: gowfinished1.th.jpg] [Image: gowfinished2.th.jpg] [Image: gowfinished3.th.jpg] [Image: gowfinished4.th.jpg]
[Image: gowfinished5.th.jpg] [Image: gowfinished6.th.jpg] [Image: gowfinished7.th.jpg]

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some challenges of the gods to beat.
Good luck.

EDIT: Nearly forgot it. My game is a DVD9 ISO image, NTSC-U format, code SCUS-97399.
EDIT2: So you know I resolved the sound not playing on FMVs and bonus videos. It had something to do with the sound plugin I was using, it worked fine before, but I update pcsx2 regularly as the revisions come out. I changed to an older official version of ZeroSPU2 and the sound came back.
I managed to run GOW 1 et 2 in D3D internal resolution 1440*900 without bugs, works awesome (pm me for info), but I've still the bug (check before in topic) so I can't play anymore GOW 2 Sad
i5 2500k @4.7Ghz - GTX 670 OC - Ram 8Gb - Windows Seven x64
I am really curious what does "awesome", "great", "very good" means for some people.

Does it mean that the framerate doesn't drop below 60FPS or the game speed is 100% stable/fluid?
Hardware: AMD X2 @ 3.2GHz / nVidia 9600GT

Software: Vista x64 / PCSX2 Beta 1059