Gran Turismo 4 (NTSC) is playable. [HOWTO] Best config to enjoy it.
I have pcsx2-beta
this controler make me mad

Sponsored links

Hey guys thanks for help, Got mine running pretty good cept those occasional 30-40fps slow downs (need 55-60 for good playing) .

Here is my INI files to help others configure theres best. I have done lots of testing and hope that perhaps the PCSX2 team can somehow get these settings in the engine by default AND include a shortcut system to adjust games gamma without messing with the desktop gamma (gets annoying flicking up and down in gamma sometimes.).

If you open the ini files you can see my settings I used, know this that I had selected the ones that gave best performance without glitches. The system specs are below, also I seem to get no missing graphics or defects on this system for now.

Intel Core 2 Duo [email protected] (960mhz 4GB DDR2 Memory)
Windows 7 32bit 7264
Nvidia 9800GT@675/970
PS3 Controller

All other info is in the INI files attached. You just extract them into C:\Program Files\Pcsx2\inis folder. Note I have them in GT4NTSC folder. This is a good way to keep configurations backed up for each game.

So the things to really fix now are good Gamma Control and Speed-ups which I so think is completely within pcsx2 teams capability, from what I can see this is THE GAME that is maxed out on PS2 so if this can be made to work well by default then nearly every other game should be just about flawless. (In theory hehe)

Attached Files
.zip   GT4NTSC.zip (Size: 3,56 KB / Downloads: 738)
I want to know how this game can run on my pc before i buy the orginial game.

My PC spec: Intel Dual Core E2200 (OC 2.8 ghz)
3 gb 800mhz ram
MSI RX3850 512
windows 7 rtm x64

So can i play gran turismo 4 on my pc?
...I think you'll have low fps gaming, around 50% of speed...

Cheers...
AMD FX-8350
4x 4GB DDR3 2400MHz
AMD Radeon R9 Fury X
on 640x480 + speedhacks?
3.8-4ghz in order to have 90%-100% of speed during races with a.i.
Hello im new here, and i have some problems with my GT4,
first of all i have the PAL Version, and my pcsx is the 0.9.6.

my problems are a lot of crashes and error reports when i enter a race, any race.. and slows down when a choose a car in arcade mode or the gran turismo mode

the only problem solved was the brihtness case, put it to zero and solved the problem, i tried to do what you guys sayd in the other threads, but with no sucssess

now, my other problems is the crashes/freezes, bugs etc etc, i doubt is the game that i downloaded, now im downloading 2 versions of the GT4 (PAL/NTSC) to try

by the way my specs hare:
C2Q Q6600@ stock 2.4 ghz (bought it today)
4Gb RAm 800Mhz (3.25 on Xp)
Gainward 8800 GT 512MB
P5Q-PRO

where is the problem here ?

what is the best config to my machine ?

help me please

P.S sorry my horrible english

Best Regards and Thank You..
hope to get a quick response
...It's all said in posts before, ...first, if you don't have a original game & PS2 from wich you dumped BIOS, you won't get any help, ...second your CPU is slow for GT4, ...third, PAL version has that kind of bugs, you need NTSC(U/J) version to play without crashes...

Cheers...
AMD FX-8350
4x 4GB DDR3 2400MHz
AMD Radeon R9 Fury X
(09-05-2009, 11:32 AM)rex1825 Wrote: ...It's all said in posts before, ...first, if you don't have a original game & PS2 from wich you dumped BIOS, you won't get any help, ...second your CPU is slow for GT4, ...third, PAL version has that kind of bugs, you need NTSC(U/J) version to play without crashes...

Cheers...

sorry but my cpu is a Quad Core, its not slow, it runs the game perfectlly

the only problem here is the crashes and error reports
quad core or even 8core wont help you since pcsx2 suppports only 2 cores, so for emulator you have dual core 2,4 and its low
Intel Dual Core E5200 @ 3,5ghz /gigabyte GF9500GT/2 GB RAM / ASRock P45XE/ Corsair CMPSU-400CXEU