Gran Turismo 4 (NTSC) is playable. [HOWTO] Best config to enjoy it.
so i have to make an OC right ?

Sponsored links

(09-05-2009, 01:13 PM)JonnYs Wrote: so i have to make an OC right ?

No, you have to go out and buy the game.
How many times do people have to be told this ?
When you download a game/iso,

# you have no idea how that game was dumped
# no idea whether a copy, original, rip, was used
# no idea if there were errors during the dump, and if errors did pop up during the dump were they ignored, repaired, or zeroed ?
# If there were errors and you find out later in the game do you come here and blame the Pcsx2 team ?

Lastly, this game is a CPU killer. I've seen 4ghz E8400 GTX260 machines slow down during racing with plenty of A.I. on track, yet run fine during single races and practice.
Intel E7500 @ 4.00ghz 400 fsb / Asus P5QL Pro / 4Gb Kingston RAM / PNY nvidia 9800GT 512Mb / Creative X-Fi Music 24 / Vista 64 SP2/
This game really takes full advantage of the ps2 hardware (hence harder to emulate in full speed)

Polyphony Studios is literally Sony's b@#!h....they have all the resources in the world to showcase the full potencial of PS2 anyway.
can some one help me

I want to play gt4 but i have a problem.

The game is loading from the beginning jou see 2005 blabla... hen it stop working.
The emulator works but i dont see enything i have a black screen

i updated evrything i ma using the new emulator beta version or something i have the recent plugins and bios versions.
what can i do

I have a

Qore 2 Quad Q9400
2Gb ocz 1600mhz hig speed memory
Nvidia Gtx 275
Windows 7

I use a digital and analog screen but it wont work
...it's already in this theme on page 3 said http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-4770-page-4.html I think you need a pnach for skipping the intro...

When in game, go to options & set Brightnes to 0 & set Video output to 480p...

Cheers...
AMD FX-8350
4x 4GB DDR3 2400MHz
AMD Radeon R9 Fury X
I fix it with another version: PCSX2-rev-1546
but is a lill bit slow so i need a chiptuning for the speedLaugh and sound
...somewhere was mentioned 1080i, hm...
Is it possible & how to configure PcSx2 to run in native 1080i? I know there will be huge slow downs, but just to try, I know also that this can be acomplished with internal resolution, easy set to 1920x1080 & you have a 1080(i)...

Tried many options, none helped... When swithcing to 1080i got picture all messed up, so did anyone try this...

I read somewhere that ZeroGS plugin is needed for 1080i, but GT4 doesn't run good on that plugin

Cheers...
AMD FX-8350
4x 4GB DDR3 2400MHz
AMD Radeon R9 Fury X
What do you mean "switching to 1080i got picture all messed up" ?

To get 1080i 'quality' (although i hate using these terms instead of the actual resolution that means) you set it in the internal resolution box of GSdx just like you said. The game will be rendered at that resolution.
Now if you're talking about the game's internal option for that from what i read people use 480p and not 1080i. It should work anyway but if it doesn't it's probably an emulator/plugin bug.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
...yeah, I mean in game option, under video settings, where we must change to 480p so emu doesn't crash when race starts! OK, it's no problem to change in plugin internal res, if it works correctly why not...

Cheers, & tnx Bositman for quick reply...
AMD FX-8350
4x 4GB DDR3 2400MHz
AMD Radeon R9 Fury X
...OK, this new official beta works much better then previous one, it has at least on my rig a 5-10% performance boost in GT4, & even microVU's are working almost fine, only thing is that "first letter missing" syndrome, ...nice job team, thumbs up for next release, really nice job done...

Cheers...

Edit: ...well, there is one mayor problem with graphics, it seems that wheels are gone on cars, on front, only brakes are visible, & on rear only rim, hope that's minor graphic glich...

Edit2:
...here is a video of what I was talking...
AMD FX-8350
4x 4GB DDR3 2400MHz
AMD Radeon R9 Fury X