Gran Turismo 4 (NTSC) is playable. [HOWTO] Best config to enjoy it.
u can see it as a powerpoint presentation.
ive got more or less the same power on my laptop and thats how it goes Wink

Sponsored links

Definitely too weak... Systems twice as powerful as that laptop can struggle with the game.
Your Laptop is weak for these two games. but some other less demanding games will work laggy.
Click image for Prev. rigs Cool
[Image: MYNEWPCGII.png]
sorry to revamp this thread. I have a notebook with Core2Duo 2GHz, 3GB RAM and Geforce 8400GT with 256MB of RAM.

With the config proposed at the beggining of this thread I can play in Nurburbring with PCSX2 beta 1888. Fine.

What I don't know is why each time I enter the game I have to reconfigure the 480p video Output (the 0 brightness is retained)

But if I try the dirt and snow and get the first track. The dirt that comes off the track makes it lag like hell. And obviously it can't be disabled inside the game. Is there a hack to do that, or can a hack be made?

The other way to run the games would be to pay for better hardware but that's not an option.

Thanks.
(12-10-2009, 03:13 PM)jazminstewart Wrote: sorry to revamp this thread. I have a notebook with Core2Duo 2GHz, 3GB RAM and Geforce 8400GT with 256MB of RAM.

With the config proposed at the beggining of this thread I can play in Nurburbring with PCSX2 beta 1888. Fine.

Hi I have a notebook like yours, with the Geforce 8600M GT with 512 Mb of Ram. I installed windows 7 64 bit can you tell me what version and how you configured the plugins please? I'm trying with the Pal version but in race I have about 18-20 fps... Thanks Laugh
I've got problem with flying cars, whenever i start any race, all of racers spawns about 200 meters above track. I cant collide with anything, only AI cars (they are confused, driving in circles on start line) =/

http://upload.play-zone.cz/gallery/bug.jpg

I dont know why, i've tryied a lot what i read here but its the only problem i had. Game is running nicely, without lags or slowdowns.

My laptop is:
Intel Core i3 330M 2,13GHz, 2 cores, 4 threads
ATi Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512MB
4GB DDR3 1066MHz RAM
Windows 7 HP

PCSX2 settings:
GSDX 890 SSE4.1
- D3D9
- PS2.0
- Bob tff
- 4:3 native
- NLOOP Hack is off
- Texture filtering

CPU
- all options on

SpeedHacks
- Use 2x Cycle rate
- Other hacks enabled all

Advenced
EE Recs
- Round mode: Chop/Zero
- Clamp mode: Extra+Preserve sign, Flush to zero, Denormals are zero
VU Recs
- Round mode: Chop/Zero
- Clamp mode: Extra, Flush to zero, Denormals are zero

GT4 is PAL
You should download latest betas: http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3716.html
DX10 is faster then DX9. Set clamp mode to Normal, for few more FPS.

GT4 PAL have problems with licenses, problem is in EE recompiler, I think. When switching between licenses (B1->B2...), setting to EE Interpreter will get you through. But then EEInt cause that problem you have so you have to set to EERec to race, and so on.
Very confusing explanation, I know Smile

With newer betas evrything else should work.
Ok i finally got it... i have to turn off Game fixes, so cars are now back on the track Smile
I've found out that using "HDTV(1080i)" mode in GT4 increases fps a bit.
Also GSdx D3D internal resolution should be set to 640x480 to increase performance (lower values lead to crash sometimes).

Btw I'm using PCSX2 0.9.7 r2586 (unofficial build).
I'm running a PAL version of this game and getting the problem that it crashes on race start. I have adjusted all my settings to the recommended but 1! The 480p one! I can't find the option for this anywhere, so could someone help solve my problem please Smile