Gran Turismo 4 (NTSC) is playable. [HOWTO] Best config to enjoy it.
All the CPU, EE and VU settings are on default, will give it a try with the Extra,

The 400x400 x2 is just what I'm used to and what I play other games with; I have tried different settings with 4:3 and widescreen and native PS2 resolution.

Will let you know how it goes Smile

THanks for the reply!

Sponsored links

Hello, just a word to say that making an iso with imgburn can be a solution if you have a problem to starting the game (file is just 2 GO bigger Rolleyes ).
Thanks to jakoboss. Smile
Thanks to the OP, Wohlrajh !!
The turn down brightness, to see the game instead of garbled junk was something I never would've thought of!
Now it works great (except the gfx when you fail at licences)
(07-11-2010, 11:13 PM)jehnubis Wrote:
(07-10-2010, 04:07 PM)emjlr3 Wrote: tried those changes

think the fps may have actually gone down

and the sound is no better at the second from the best

Hey there. I had the same problem with low fps during races. I found out the problem for me personally, was with the "GS plug-in." Try all of them, until you find a good one. If you tried all of them to no avail, then i would suggest downloading more additional GS plug-ins, from the web. Before, I was getting around 5-15 fps during races. Now, im gettin above 60 fps, with this particular GS plug-in. GSdx 872m (MSVC 15.00, SSE41) 0.1.12 [GSdx-sse4]

The new 9.7 beta only gave me FIVE GSdx plugins. The standard choice i was using was "GSdx 3068 SSE4" which worked well with just about every game i have, except GT4. I tried all of the plug-ins that came with 9.7, and none of those worked on GT4. I had to download an additional plug-ins to get the right one for GT4.

You have Raedeon and i have nvidia, so i dont know which plug-in will works for you. If you need all the plug-ins that i newly acquired, PM me. I will send them your way.

My specs:
Intel Core i7 920 2.67 ghz(non-overcloked)
6 GB RAM
Nvidia Geforce GTX 275

Hey man, can you tell me where to download that plugin giving you 60fps? We have about the same pc specs. thanks
Anyone getting full speed and can complete the game to damn near 100%? If so, what are your PC specs?
it works perfectly at 100% in races on Phenom II 555 unlocked 4cores (B55),default clock 3.2ghz

while on Phenom I x4 9955 2.6ghz runs at 80% speed.
(08-26-2010, 08:35 PM)IcemanSR Wrote: it works perfectly at 100% in races on Phenom II 555 unlocked 4cores (B55),default clock 3.2ghz

while on Phenom I x4 9955 2.6ghz runs at 80% speed.

very interesting. you get crashes/hang ups or no?

hi there,

I have about 60 fps but every few seconds, the game is paused for like 0.5 seconds which is very eannoying. I assume, it's loading something.

is there a way to prevent these jerks?

EDIT:

my system:

DEL XPS 730x, Core i7 940, 6GB DDR3 1066, 1x GTX280, HDD is a raid of two 1TB WD Caviar Blacks.
www.paythegame.net
life is an online game
and this is the highscore list!
Are you using ISO image or DVD?
im playing an ISO image. before, I tried a DVD i got from a friend but it was the PAL verion so I had to get an NTSC one since the PAL isn't supported.

Here's a video of what I get:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRw_Xv63Gc
www.paythegame.net
life is an online game
and this is the highscore list!